new Nimitz into Persian Gulf

toni

Hey Guys, Ive just seen the new Nimitz class on an early stage of course overflown by Wags with the Hornet . Is this going to be the only Nimitz available or is expected a Standalone module at a later date with more functions and capability ? If so , any name selected at this time ? USS Nimitz, Eisenhower, Carl Vinson , .............

Any further plans to build some other kind of Carrier even though HB is working on the Forrestal ?

Thanks.

Hey Guys, Ive just seen the new Nimitz class on an early stage of course overflown by Wags with the Hornet . Is this going to be the only Nimitz available or is expected a Standalone module at a later date with more functions and capability ? If so , any name selected at this time ? USS Nimitz, Eisenhower, Carl Vinson , .............

Any further plans to build some other kind of Carrier even though HB is working on the Forrestal ?

Thanks.

The DCS F/A-18C video show as a CVN-74 John C. Stennis / Nimitz class carrier

Heatblur has working on the CV59-62 Forrestal Class Battle Group to the F-14 module, and actually has unknown if Magnitude 3 LLC will be working on a carrier to the F4-U1 module.

Edited by Silver_Dragon

My question is this. The Stennis as shown in the videos etc. Is that the module or the free one. Because its confusing when you guys are talking about it. I just wanna know which is the payware, have we seen it yet, and which one we're getting standard.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Matt "IceFire" Schuette

Commander In Chief United States Atlantic Command

Virtual Carrier Air Wing Eleven

My question is this. The Stennis as shown in the videos etc. Is that the module or the free one. Because its confusing when you guys are talking about it. I just wanna know which is the payware, have we seen it yet, and which one we're getting standard.

The initial 3D model has free, but the module assets with some functionalities has payware as "optional module".

It's all still confusing. Are we getting a functioning Nimitz class carrier with the Hornet Early Access release?

I understand that there will be a free carrier and a payware carrier with added functions. Which carrier will we have when the Hornet is first released and what functions will it have?

i5 7600K @4.8GHz | 1080 Ti | 32GB 3200MHz | SSD | DCS SETTINGS | "COCKPIT"

We're getting a partially functioning Nimitz class.

If you watch the live feeds (which are also recorded and still available) you will find a lot of useful information gleaned from the Q&A sections which Wags covers during low points in the flights.

The Nimitz class carrier will start out having Case 1 functionality, with case 2 and 3 facilities absent. They will follow after release, but the Hornet should have carrier landings available on pre-release.

Also already stated (by Silver Dragon) is the fact that the Nimitz will be available to all as AI, but will have additional features added by an optional premium module. So, in answer to the question - the one you see will be both free, and a premium module depending on what you intend to do with it.

I wonder how this works out in MP, when people who have the carrier module and people who don't want to use the carrier together :huh:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Maybe it would be best to have the optional paid ground crew be a part of the carrier-based modules, such as the F/A-18C and F-14.

As for those that do and those that don't have/use the ground crew, I guess they just wouldn't see them?

If they won't see them, they will run them over on the deck ;)

But I'm more worried about other features like elevators and hangars in regard to MP and users with/without the carrier DLC.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

This is a little bit confusing since Heatblur said they will have animated flight deck on the Forrestal Class carrier. How will this work? I hope we can land the F/A-18 on the Forrestal and the F-14 on the Nimitz! I wish they all pooled resources and just did it right for both.

Edited by Bloodhound57

PC: ASROCK Z370 Gaming K6 | Intel i7 8700K | GeForce 2080TI | 32GB GeSkill 3200 RAM | GeForce 2080TI | 500GB Samsung 850 EVO M.2 | 1TB Samsung 860 EVO M.2

FLIGHT STUFF: Rift S | Warthog Base | Virpil Base | Hornet Grip | A-10 Grip | Cougar Grip | Virpil F-14 Grip | Cougar MFD's | A-10C UFC | Saitek Flight Panels | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

You have a hook and launch bar on both aircraft, I don't see why you couldn't land whatever aircraft you wanted on what ever carrier you wanted...

Specs:

Fractal Design Define R5 Black, ASUS ROG Strix Z370-E, Intel Core i5-8600K Coffee Lake @ 5.1 GHz, MSI GeForce GTX 1080ti 11GB 352-Bit GDDR5X, Corsair H110i, G.Skill TridentZ 32GB (2x16GB), Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB SSD

You have a hook and launch bar on both aircraft, I don't see why you couldn't land whatever aircraft you wanted on what ever carrier you wanted...

Because this is not real life with real life physic. This is a software which needs compatible interfaces between the various components.

Currently it seems like ED, Heatblur and RAZBAM are all developing their own carrier tech with animated crew and all that stuff. That is worrying me as well, not just because of possible incompatibilities, but also because it's an ineffective use of ressources :(

Tornado3 small.jpg

:( I hope that the payware / freeware carrier situation won't be the same as Normandy map and the asset pack with units.

PC: Intel Core i7-12700K| Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR4| 2x 32GB DDR4 Kingston Fury Beast (KF436C18BBAK2/64)| PowerColor RX 6800 XT Red Devil| 3x SSD-Drive (one for DCS only)| 3x HDD-Drive| Cougar Panzer Max| custom water cooling| Fedora Linux| Windows 11|

Gear: Meta Quest 3| Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS| MFG Crosswind v2| Leap motion controller|

I wonder how this works out in MP, when people who have the carrier module and people who don't want to use the carrier together :huh:

I'm guessing the non-paying players will see the carriers, but won't be able to land on in anything but the most basic way. A hook, a cat, and possibly parking slots?

I'm guessing the non-paying players will see the carriers, but won't be able to land on in anything but the most basic way. A hook, a cat, and possibly parking slots?

Well, then I hope they will be aware of it and the elevators to the hangar deck won't be blocked by players that try to figure out how to use them when they can't :D

Tornado3 small.jpg