[NO BUG] P8 compass issues

Irishlad200000

Hi guys

I’m pretty good on most types of compass being ex military from an age prior to GPS!

I’m setting the system as per Chucks Guide, which makes sense.

Correct me if I’m wrong align the T with the N and apply the magnetic variation to get the correct heading?

For the love of me I can’t get the heading to match with the F10 Map. In fact it’s no where near it.

I’m setting from the ramp. The only thing I can think is maybe the plane needs to be straight in level flight?

Any help much appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• 3 weeks later...
Hi guys

I’m pretty good on most types of compass being ex military from an age prior to GPS!

Correct me if I’m wrong align the T with the N and apply the magnetic variation to get the correct heading?

For the love of me I can’t get the heading to match with the F10 Map. In fact it’s no where near it.

I’m setting from the ramp. The only thing I can think is maybe the plane needs to be straight in level flight?

How do I 'apply the magnetic variation' ?

------------

3080Ti, i5- 13600k 32GB  VIVE index, VKB peddals, HOTAS VPC MONGOOSE, WARTHOG throttle, BKicker,

Hi guys

Just sat on the quickstart cold start mission and adjusted the P8 - aligned the bezel with the T (crossed single arrow pointing N) and reset the DG with the heading indicated by the pin, in this case 182 degrees.

Jumped to external view and my heading showed... 181 degrees! So it does work - seeming lack of Magnetic Variation notwithstanding!

Just sat on the quickstart cold start mission and adjusted the P8 - aligned the bezel with the T (crossed single arrow pointing N) and reset the DG with the heading indicated by the pin, in this case 182 degrees.

Jumped to external view and my heading showed... 181 degrees! So it does work - seeming lack of Magnetic Variation notwithstanding!

Yep, I think so too, anyway MagDecl around that are should be somewhere between 7 and 6 deg East ( positive )...

Flight Simulation is the Virtual Materialization of a Dream...