The Dynamic Campaign... WHEN?!?!?

The Jack

"So yes, the goal is for all aspects of DCS to have dynamic content."

Oh Norm... You're so sexy when you talk like that. ;)

Nvidia RTX3080 (HP Reverb), AMD 3800x

Asus Prime X570P, 64GB G-Skill RipJaw 3600

Saitek X-65F and Fanatec Club-Sport Pedals (Using VJoy and Gremlin to remap Throttle and Clutch into a Rudder axis)

Oh Norm... You're so sexy when you talk like that. ;)

He does have a way with words... :D

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

Will the ED engineers find some inspirations from the MOOSE framework or any other community work?

I hope they don't as those solutions (despite being great pieces of work!) are only workarounds that provide us with some dynamic functionality within the restrictions of the current DCS engine. I would rather hope they change the core engine to really enable enhanced dynamic functionality that is deep-rooted within the DCS engine (e.g. "bubble technology"). I'm not sure if ED will really go that far, but I definitely hope they will :)

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

• 3 months later...
Make it solid for single player first. Most passionate and vocal players are multi-player, but develop by the numbers, rather than who squawks loudest. Management 101.

This X10000

+1

+Infinity

any news?

we need it like oxygen!!!

I know this is borderline on the rules, and I apologize. But another WW2 sim has an excellent dynamic career mode. DCS is far superior in many other was but I hope some inspiration is taken from that sim.

I hope not.

That kind of "career" is simply a succession of automatically generated, unconnected, and equally boring missions, where your actions have no consequences in the game "world". Really nothing dynamic about it.

I hope for a true dynamic campaign, Falcon 4 style.

I hope not.

That kind of "career" is simply a succession of automatically generated, unconnected, and equally boring missions, where your actions have no consequences in the game "world". Really nothing dynamic about it.

I hope for a true dynamic campaign, Falcon 4 style.

Exactly!

I want to see it in MP too, as a series of air tasking orders, where you might also fly with AI wingmen. I.e. mission comes up for a "strike package" to go hit target whatever, there is a few minutes where its available for other players in the lobby to hop in, and empty slots are filled in by AI pilots.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

DC coming first on WW2 as DM and others functionality.

These three of these aircraft are well underway and we plan to release or more in 2019. With the addition of the new damage model, dynamic campaign, new World War II maps, and more units added to the World War II Assets Pack like the Ju-88, Bf 109G, C-47, A-20G, and others, DCS World War II will continue to grow and bring great new gameplay!

Dynamic Campaign

While a hangar of great aircraft is certainly a wonderful thing, having an engaging, exciting, and dynamic combat environment is equally important. We have been developing the inner-workings of a dynamic campaign system which will continue into 2019. Based on the strategic goals and tactical situations, the systems will create dynamic Air Tasking Orders (ATO) that players then join to help their side to victory. This work is non-trivial, but we believe the addition of this system should be exciting for DCS users.

DC coming first on WW2 as DM and others functionality.

Yeah but we want more details ;)

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

It would be super cool to have a properly locked down way of doing an "Iron Man" or "HardCore" pilot to start a dynamic campaign that would die when you die in the campaign.

Then we can see who can get the most missions done with one pilot :).

Saitek X-65F and Fanatec Club-Sport Pedals (Using VJoy and Gremlin to remap Throttle and Clutch into a Rudder axis)

That definitely would change the perspective on chasing down migs with guns only hahahahaha

:pilotfly: Specs: I9-9900k; ROG Strix RTX 2080ti; Valve Index HMD; 32GB DDR4 3200 Ram; Samsung 970 EVO 1TB SSD; TM Warthog with pedals, 3 TM MFDs

Right :). Maybe in the dynamic campaign they could do something with the G-Override too :)… for the folks that want it. For the record I couldn't care less... but some people do :).

Edited by M1Combat

• 4 weeks later...
For a long time we've said that a DC was more a matter of when rather than if. It is only until last year that we found a talented engineer to create "war simulation" in which the DC operates. It was only last year that we announced that it is now in development.

This is a very high-priority item for us with good progress. However, this is a highly complex undertaking and it will take time, but certainly not "5 years".

Once we have interesting and significant news to pass along on this task, we certainly will.

Thanks

I've been away from DCS for a couple years, and decided just recently to come back and spend some time flying again. I can't express how happy I was to read this today. I think many people would agree the thing that made Falcon 4.0 such a great sim was it's dynamic campaign. It was infinitely replayable and to this day seems it was way ahead of it's time.

İ always want to play with my modules. I come home and start the dcs , then i can't find anything to do. End up playing American truck simulator.

Having said ats , it has a good career mode. Maybe dcs can provide us a pilot career. Giving tasks giving points and ranks etc

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5