Operation Desert Rat - F/A-18C DCS Campaign

JayBird

Awesome campaign and backstory! Probably the best campaign made thus far by anybody for DCS! Only beef is an immersive detail - VF-11 operated F-14Bs in 2000, not A's.

Didn't know Samuel B. Roberts was a part of that battle group at the time! Nice detail! Time for some payback!

Edited by CheckGear

• 2 weeks later...

Great mission, thanks. I like the feel of having to get all the way to the target and back, not just jump in and blow shit up. It is a pity it is hard to complete the mission because of the ICLS bug and the CVN not lighting up for the landing. All the way back and then no lights, had to divert, did not have the balls to try put her down in the dark.

Looking forward to the next installment!

Today is actually my last day of classes! Hopefully I will be able to put some time in and get this out fairly soon!

Awesome campaign and backstory! Probably the best campaign made thus far by anybody for DCS! Only beef is an immersive detail - VF-11 operated F-14Bs in 2000, not A's.

Didn't know Samuel B. Roberts was a part of that battle group at the time! Nice detail! Time for some payback!

I appreciate the kind words; the Samuel B. Roberts was active within the CSG as far as my research shows, I tried to add little details like this to those who look for them. Yes, F-14Bs are the accurate model, but currently they are not offered within DCS. This will be remedied once Heatblur drops their bomb. :)

Great mission, thanks. I like the feel of having to get all the way to the target and back, not just jump in and blow shit up. It is a pity it is hard to complete the mission because of the ICLS bug and the CVN not lighting up for the landing. All the way back and then no lights, had to divert, did not have the balls to try put her down in the dark.

Agreed, getting there is half of the fun and you can't do that if the AO is less than 50 miles from the boat. Unfortunately there isn't really a good work around for the ILCS bug. Next mission will be day time so it should be a bit easier to make your way aboard.

F-14 | F/A-18C | F-16C | AJS-37 | M-2000C | A-10C | UH-1H | F-5E | P-51 | Bf 109

Nevada | Persian Gulf | Normandy | Supercarrier

YouTube | Steam | Discord: JayBird#4400

i7-7700K | GTX 980 | 32gb RAM | 500gb SSD | 2TB HDD| Track IR | TM Warthog HOTAS | Logitech Pro Pedals

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...