Pimax 5K Plus Sensors

Colmillo

Recently I bought the Pimax 5K plus lenses (+ handmotion ... and obviously, another MB, another graphics card and another processor, the money are colored papers :music_whistling:...)

I am uncomfortable that the Pimax website is not more explicit about the controls and sensors.

I read in the forums that for activities like simulators, (seat mode), it does not require sensors to operate the viewer.

Does anyone know, or has it proven if DCS works correctly without having the sensors?

Thank you in advance

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10900KF CPU @ 3.70GHz   3.70 GHz ROG STRIX Z490-E GAMING
RAM 128 M.2*2 2T total SSD*3 2.5T total
GeForce RTX 3090   Orion2 HOTAS F-16EX  Saitek Pro Rudder

Recently I bought the Pimax 5K plus lenses (+ handmotion ... and obviously, another MB, another graphics card and another processor, the money are colored papers :music_whistling:...)

I am uncomfortable that the Pimax website is not more explicit about the controls and sensors.

I read in the forums that for activities like simulators, (seat mode), it does not require sensors to operate the viewer.

Does anyone know, or has it proven if DCS works correctly without having the sensors?

Thank you in advance

Without sensor(s) you don't have 6DOF, or at least that as been my understanding. So no, it wouldn't be fit for use with DCS.

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

Thank you =Buckeye=, and how do you intend to resolve that detail?

Did you buy the sensors too?

Apparently they are not ready yet, they require a deposit.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I think you can use HTC Vive base station sensors and controllers with the Primax. Another $500 to shell out for a set of two each unless you can find them cheap on ebay.

System specs: Intel i9-9900k OC 5.1Ghz, 32 GB PC3200 G.SKILL TridentZ RGB RAM, Asus Strix 2080 TI OC SLI, Asus Z390 Workstation Pro, 970 EVO 1TB M.2 PCIe NVMe and many other SSDs, Alienware 3418DW Widescreen 120 Hz G-Sync Monitor, Corsair H150i PRO RGB CPU Cooler

Flightgear: HP Reverb Pro, Samsung Odyssey +, Virpil MongoosT-50CM2 Grip & T-50CM2 Base, TM Warthog, TM TPR Rudder, TM Cougar MFDs, Jetseat, Trackir 5, Sennheiser Game One Headset

Mmm, bad for me, the transition is from Oculus... so I have to buy 2 sensors.

Also, the controllers???

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Also, the controllers???

Yes sir, I think you're looking at a total of about $1300 investment for the gear. I doubt Primax sensors and knuckle controllers are going to be any cheaper when released eventually.

System specs: Intel i9-9900k OC 5.1Ghz, 32 GB PC3200 G.SKILL TridentZ RGB RAM, Asus Strix 2080 TI OC SLI, Asus Z390 Workstation Pro, 970 EVO 1TB M.2 PCIe NVMe and many other SSDs, Alienware 3418DW Widescreen 120 Hz G-Sync Monitor, Corsair H150i PRO RGB CPU Cooler

Flightgear: HP Reverb Pro, Samsung Odyssey +, Virpil MongoosT-50CM2 Grip & T-50CM2 Base, TM Warthog, TM TPR Rudder, TM Cougar MFDs, Jetseat, Trackir 5, Sennheiser Game One Headset

Also, the controllers???

One will work. Oculus originally shipped with just one sensor too.

I bought one from ebay used, and will dump it when the base stations are ready (my KS level had two sensors/controllers)

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

I appreciate the answers very much, Thank you

Anyway it is not very clear to me if I need the two sensors and the two controls of the HTC.

I think I will initially buy 2 sensors (to make sure) and a single control.

My intention is only to use Pimax with DCS.

I will post the results ASAP

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks wormeaten!!

Do you think that with one controller will be enough??

As I said before, my intention is to use Pimax only with DCS, so I imagine that in the Pimax setup I will require the controllers... ( 2, 1 or none?)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks wormeaten!!

Do you think that with one controller will be enough??

As I said before, my intention is to use Pimax only with DCS, so I imagine that in the Pimax setup I will require the controllers... ( 2, 1 or none?)

You should be able to just use your mouse in DCS without a need for a controller like on my oculus.

Of course, I understand.

But when the initial setup is done, you need a controller. At least in Oculus.

And since I do not know neither Pimax nor HTC; my query is if initializing for the first time, I will require some control.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Of course, I understand.

But when the initial setup is done, you need a controller. At least in Oculus.

And since I do not know neither Pimax nor HTC; my query is if initializing for the first time, I will require some control.

For standing only you don't need controllers.

For standing only you don't need controllers.

Thanks!!!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]