- pressed start button for 2 seconds

=> engine starting, RPM to 600

- either pressed Home or Shift-Home until the fuel shutoff valve is half open

=> RPM increasing

After engine stable,

- closed canopy

- pushed the throttle a little bit

=> shutoff valve closes, the lever is moved to the close position instantly

From that moment on, the shutoff valve moves with the throttle (?) but since it's mostly cut, the engine stops. If the valve is opened with Shift-Home again, it goes back to the closed position as soon as the user touches the throttle lever.

Bugs

1) Shut-off valve is closed every time the user touches the throttle.

This makes the module unusable for now.

Other minor bugs observed:

2) Throttle is at max when the mission starts, even though the controller (see signature, HOTAS Warthog) is at minimum: its initial position is ignored at the beginning of the mission.

NOTE: the main option "Synchronize Cockpit Controls with HOTAS Controls at Mission Start" is ON, but I've been repeatedly told by Waggs that those were only for the A-10C (for which it doesn't work either), so I'm not sure it's used or not.

3) No tooltip appearing when the mouse hovers the cockpit controls. This is a known bug in training missions. The problem is that they are most needed (especially when the vision is obscured by the highlight effect).

MiG15_start_failed.miz.trk

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

It's a configuration bug (not sure whether the origin is DCS or the module).

Apparently a default configuration was applied on top of the configuration I have been using for a long time. Somehow, it managed to link the throttle controller axis to both the throttle and the fuel shutoff valve inputs!

Of course as usual, it also mapped the POV buttons and pitch/roll onto the rudder pedal controller, and other aberrations. After remapping all that correctly (which takes a lot of time in DCS), the problem disappeared.

I hope they improve the configuration with a more sensible approach at some point, like the general default settings that one can save but which is not actually used for new defaults, probably something they forgot to complete or didn't pursue.

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

I am having same issue after update. Nothing bound to it though. Can see that that home and rshift home move fuel shut off but doesn’t accelerate engine on startup

Check that it's not the opposite, if your shutoff valve lever is mapped to the axis of your throttle controller (that's what I had). When I rshift-home, only the lever moves, when I move the throttle axis (after engine start-up), the lever resets and follow the axis, and the throttle moves as well.

I think the fix would be, when it's necessary to force a mapping with a new feature or for any reason, the existing mapping to the same button or axis should be removed (same rule that applies when mapping controls through the menu). Ideally of course, there should be no such forced mapping on DCS updates.

The other 2 issues remain: 2) and 3)

I spend the past hour trying to replicate your issue, and i have been able to isolate the problem:

DCS doesn't accept it that your throttle is fully open when the mission starts. Even immediately after start-up putting it in fully closed position will still cause the issue of the throttle axis being essentially "dead".

With my HOTAS X, the "synchronize HOTAS" function from "Options -> Misc" works thankfully, so I never have had this problem.

Check that you have "synchronize HOTAS" function ticked on, and if that is the case, I would open a support ticket so they can fix it in a future patch.

I assume you mean AeriaGloria's problem (since mine was solved, at least the 1st and foremost of the 3 items). That's good catch, I couldn't really see what could be going on.

In doubt, AeriaGloria, display your controller position with RCtrl-Enter (I think), that could confirm the issue. Adding a small track will probably help the devs, if they see this thread.

Check that you have "synchronize HOTAS" function ticked on, and if that is the case, I would open a support ticket so they can fix it in a future patch.

That's what I mentioned in my first post, the synchronization has never worked for me, I have to move it a little bit at the beginning so that it's taken into account, and since I was new to DCS when I first saw this problem I did submit a ticket but got "wave fly away" type of reply, so I understood that was not how things worked here ;)

So it can't hurt to try and open a ticket, just don't expect too much coming out of that.

Fixed the issue, thanks for all the help. I’m using a profile by Gizzy for toggle switches on thrustmaster warthog throttle which I though was suspect. I cleared a lot of my bindings and re did them four or five times over and now it works. Now the only thing I have I Rshift+home isn’t starting it. But ithe shutoff valve works manually which is what I’m used to anyways. I think part of it is also I went on a long trip and forgot how gentle you have to be starting it with fuel shutoff valve. Also thing I figured out there is a binding called ignition and a binding engine start, only engine start will press the button on the (virtual)throttle.

Having fun doing cold starts again, thanks everyone

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

• 2 months later...

I have the cold start issue, but seemingly only on the PG map

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.