Scroll-Lock modifier for TrackIR not working anymore

scrolllockmod9z07qvi658.jpg

I have imported the joystick config from 1.2 to 1.5 and Scroll-Lock as modifier is not working anymore for switching zoom in TrackIR based on sniperwolfpk5´s nice howto:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=134610

It is not possible anymore too, to insert Scroll-Lock modifier in the menue.

Would be very nice if someone has a hint to editing some files manually to get it working again, because this is really important for me. I don´t really understand whats the reason for changing this...

best regards,

Terrorvogel

ASROCK X79 Extreme11 (WC), i7-4930K (WC), 32GB G.Skill TridentX, Vertex 3 120GB, GTX 980ti, 3x 39,5" Philips 4K, TrackIR 5, TM Warthog with PeterP´s FFB2 Mod, 2xSaitek Throttle, 2x Thrustmaster Cougar MFD Bezel, Simped Vario Pedals modded with toe brakes, Opencockpit Cards, 4x Soundcard, 2x Buttkicker Gamer 2, 4x GTX 950 with tons of touchscreens...

In Mig-21 Scroll-lock + keys are already assign to "Record cursor..." - whats mean that "scroll-lock" are used as "shift". Maybe is similar in Ka-50.

Scroll.jpg

upload gambar

Is need clear this - few used - command to be able to use scroll-lock as "switches" modifier.

A key or button can be "shift" (momentarily) or "switches" (ON/OFF) modifier, but not both.

BTW - Maybe you forget to add "Scroll" as Modifier > Switches. ;)

Edited by Sokol1_br

Try R.Win instead of scroll lock. As i checked, it is not used at all in many modules. Whenever you try to create a modifier first make sure it is not used already by any key combination

Win10, Intel 3rd Gen. Core i7 3.8Ghz, 20GB ram, Nvidia Geforce 1060 6GB Opentrack (Download it from HERE), PS3 Eye, Saitek x52-pro Joystick,

DIY Rudder Pedals,

Google Cardboard with DCS World

English is not my native language

Thx for your hints so far!

I fiddled arround and somehow i get the Scroll-Lock modifier back into TrackIR-Zoom-Menu but zoom (switch) itself in 1.5 with Scroll-Lock is not working anymore as in DCS 1.2.

When playing the still installed DCS 1.2 the behaviour is/was as:

1x Scroll-Lock press and moving head forward (TrackIR Z-Axis) = zoom (change FOV for better recognize enemys)

1x Scroll-Lock press again for getting back standard cockpit view TrackIR Z-Axis for leaning forward/backward again.

If using this kind of control there is a very great flow in usability and gameplay i can recommend to everyone who has TrackIR.

Now i press Scroll-Lock and nothing than a ultra small not useful and interrupted/stuttered zoom happens and also when pressing the Scroll-Lock twice instead of one time as usual. Seems broken somehow.

I tested out with R-Win key but the problem is, that you need to press it as long you like to zoom and thats very unhandy and not wanted.

What i need is a switch. Either fixed Z-Axis FOV-zoom or Z-Axis leaning as in previous v1.2.

Seems that something has changed in DCS 1.5 but i need this very handy funktion back as i´m so used to it. Maybe some TrackIR users can replicate the issue with Scroll-Lock in that way of use.

I have DCS 1.5 installed on two different mashines each with TrackIR5 and the issue is the same with both.

ASROCK X79 Extreme11 (WC), i7-4930K (WC), 32GB G.Skill TridentX, Vertex 3 120GB, GTX 980ti, 3x 39,5" Philips 4K, TrackIR 5, TM Warthog with PeterP´s FFB2 Mod, 2xSaitek Throttle, 2x Thrustmaster Cougar MFD Bezel, Simped Vario Pedals modded with toe brakes, Opencockpit Cards, 4x Soundcard, 2x Buttkicker Gamer 2, 4x GTX 950 with tons of touchscreens...

Ok guys the Scroll-Lock modifier is working now to zoom after several playing arround:)

But if pressing the Scroll-Lock button for activating zoom, a very (too) small FOV (around 80 degrees) is suddenly set and saved so the only way to "come out" is to change the FOV manually with numeric keyboard which is a no go. In which .lua is this "new" FOV to find???

I compared the FOV settings from 1.2 but it does not work in 1.5.

What i already edited:

C:\Users\user\Saved Games\DCS\Config\View\SnapViewsDefault.lua

[13] = {--default view

viewAngle = 103,--FOV

C:\Users\user\Saved Games\DCS\Config\View\Server.lua

CameraViewAngleLimits = {40.000000,120.000000},