Battery not simulated - Page 6 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 08-13-2018, 02:06 PM   #51
Brixmis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladinsky View Post
In the end it's just different developers having different modeling standards. Some simulate the bare minimum and some go into ridiculous almost worrying detail.
I wish people would stop insulting developers - especially when they have no idea of how the module was made, what was available, what limitations are imposed, how much coding it involves - how big the team is - whatever.

Unhappy? Do a better job or fly something else. Maybe you should have done more research before you bought it? Could have asked and someone was bound to check and tell you.

And of course all these people who complain are also perfect at their own jobs (if they have one). Enough - either ask in a polite way if there is any chance this can be modelled, which is highly unlikely at this stage, but you never know - or just put up with it or fly something else.

Thread unsubbed.
Old 08-13-2018, 02:31 PM   #52
FSKRipper

+1

Time to close this growing mountain of sh**. The question was answered on page 1.
Old 08-13-2018, 02:53 PM   #53
Vladinsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brixmis View Post
I wish people would stop insulting developers - especially when they have no idea of how the module was made, what was available, what limitations are imposed, how much coding it involves - how big the team is - whatever.
Not sure why you quoted me but I agree(english second language?), some seem to jump straight to insults which is never acceptable and not conducive to any progress.
Vladinsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 04:42 PM   #54
iFoxRomeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmirco View Post
A simple question, isn't the battery simulated?

I am switching on the battery, waiting 10min and nothing happens, no electrical power loss, no movements on voltmeter, nothing.

Not simulated, bug or my fault?
Not a bug, a feature.... oh, that was a different software.
Some people seem to be thin-skinned... Why is there a need to point to other modules for a simple question.

Maybe this helps to cool down.

General emergency procedures:

And IFR equipped version:

So for the duration of a flight, the battery should have enough juice.
But I don't think it would be rocket science to implement battery life. As there is comparison to other modules: There are modules, that have battery life simulated. For me, that's just another part of the whole picture about the Gazelle.

Fox

p.s. Schmirco thx, this threat made me look at the Gazelle's flightmanual more closely.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	C608C34D-2087-4902-AF85-6358A7546D3B.jpeg
Views:	103
Size:	281.5 KB
ID:	191981   Click image for larger version

Name:	993BEFB6-A6BB-43DD-88EC-7D6845D0487C.jpeg
Views:	103
Size:	382.4 KB
ID:	191982  
iFoxRomeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 05:11 PM   #55
Schmirco

Thx for the Docs!

www.vtasg.de
Schmirco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 06:56 PM   #56
dimitriov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brixmis View Post

Unhappy? Do a better job or fly something else. Maybe you should have done more research before you bought it? Could have asked and someone was bound to check and tell you.

And of course all these people who complain are also perfect at their own jobs (if they have one). Enough - either ask in a polite way if there is any chance this can be modelled, which is highly unlikely at this stage, but you never know - or just put up with it or fly something else.

Thread unsubbed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FSKRipper View Post
+1

Time to close this growing mountain of sh**. The question was answered on page 1.

The average ED yeller is able to create a 6 pages thread questioning how the **** it's possible that battery voltage wasn't implemented on a module. What would you expect after this. People are trolling and when someone tells them, they are the troll. Simply leave the thread and cease reading it, there is no hope left here.
dimitriov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 09:18 PM   #57
Flagrum
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimitriov View Post
The average ED yeller is able to create a 6 pages thread questioning how the **** it's possible that battery voltage wasn't implemented on a module. What would you expect after this. People are trolling and when someone tells them, they are the troll. Simply leave the thread and cease reading it, there is no hope left here.
dimitriov, just stop talking bullshit and telling lies.

On the first page there was no definitive answer to the OP's question. Then you and others tried to make fun of his question and started to troll the thread with your incoherent talking about door hinges. Trying to ridicule the topic by ignoring the fact that this kind of systems modelling is actually is not uncommon with other modules didn't help to keep the thread objective.

Just stop playing the victim here and stop insulting people as "ED yellers" when they are simply asking not unreasonable questions.

tl;dr: don't be an asshole, dimitriov!

Flagrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 08:55 AM   #58
Eviscerador

I guess next time a dev should have just said:

"Battery is not modelled because according to Gazelle manual both batteries have enough juice to complete a night flight even if the generator fails in flight, and we considered that it wasn't needed to model battery consumption"

We could have spared 6 pages of nonsense.
Old 08-14-2018, 12:05 PM   #59
Schmirco

True

www.vtasg.de
Schmirco is offline   Reply With Quote