remove NS430 from av8b Harrier

Kev2go

ED issued a statement that they would exclude the 2d overlay of the NS430 for aircraft with thier own advanced Navigation systems

To quote "except for those that have their own advanced navigation systems like the A-10C, Ka-50 and F/A-18C)."

Listed aircraft included the A10C, Ka50 and F/A18C, But why has it not been removed from the av8b? it doesn't need it. HArrier falls into said category like those 3 other aircraft since it has INS and GPS features plus a Colourised Moving map displayable in its AMPCD's.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

ED issued a statement that they would exclude the 2d overlay of the NS430 for aircraft with their own " advanced navigation systems" ( essentially anyhthing with INS and or GPS based navigation with a moving map display) listed aircraft included the A10C, Ka50 and F/A18C

But why has it not been removed from the av8b? it doesn't need it. HArrier falls into said category like those aircraft since it has INS and GPS features plus a Colourised Moving map displayable in its AMPCD's.

Just uncheck the box AV8B in you NS430 settings menu, no more gps.

I paid for it, I personally like the pop up there. If I want it I have it. Let us have the option to use it or not.

No it should be removed.

If ed found reason to remove it from their planes with advanced navigation and not just tell people not to use then same standard should be applied the avb8 harrier

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

Just uncheck the box AV8B in you NS430 settings menu, no more gps.

I paid for it, I personally like the pop up there. If I want it I have it. Let us have the option to use it or not.

There is no point of having two such navigation systems especially if the actual one that the aircraft is fitted with is s superior one to the ns430.

Only real reason ns430 came about was to give legacy aircraft that have archaic or backup nav systems a civilian GPS retrofit.

This is coming from someone who did buy ns430. IF ED reallly wanted it across all aircraft and jsut gone by your logic than all aircraft would have it.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

ED issued a statement that they would exclude the 2d overlay of the NS430 for aircraft with thier own advanced Navigation systems

To quote "except for those that have their own advanced navigation systems like the A-10C, Ka-50 and F/A-18C)."

Listed aircraft included the A10C, Ka50 and F/A18C, But why has it not been removed from the av8b? it doesn't need it. HArrier falls into said category like those 3 other aircraft since it has INS and GPS features plus a Colourised Moving map displayable in its AMPCD's.

No it should be removed.

If ed found reason to remove it from their planes with advanced navigation and not just tell people not to use then same standard should be applied the avb8 harrier

There is no point of having two such navigation systems especially if the actual one that the aircraft is fitted with is s superior one to the ns430.

Only real reason ns430 came about was to give legacy aircraft that have archaic or backup nav systems a civilian GPS retrofit.

This is coming from someone who did buy ns430. IF ED reallly wanted it across all aircraft and jsut gone by your logic than all aircraft would have it.

Because the A-10C, Ka-50, and F/A-18C Lot 20 are Eagle Dynamics Products, they can choose to remove the NS430 from those, as it's redundant, not because it shouldnt be there at all.

Removing the NS430 Option from the AV-8VNA is not Eagle Dynamics Decision, But Razbam's

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

LOL, dont think this guy realizes that Lots of pilots have backup GPS devices in lots of their pits. :doh:

Some Hornet Pilots actually fly w/ Tablets w/ GPS Enabled.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

What an utter wasted thread.

As already stated, just untick the option within the 430 options.

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.