HowTo "real" 3-digits for UV26 with SIOC?

Terrorvogel

Hi guys,

is it possible to display the remaining flares with BS2 and Opencockpits-Displaycard using Sioc?

I already inserted gillesdrone´s UV26 code: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=1077469

but this code will not display the subtracted flares, respectively the remainig ones. It always keeps staying at annoying "128". Everything else is displayed fine exept this "little" information.

I know, that now, it´s possible, with BS2, to export the UV26-Digits via viewports in monitorsetup.lua but is there no way to put/translate this onto "real" digits?

In times of BS1 i built a UV26 with Opencockpits Displaycard and 3-Digit in hope that it will be working sometime (digits are not yet glued inside):

DSC04100.thumb.JPG.a89e53737751f9191cf5e91604b923aa.JPG

It seems we need some programming genius to do this...:smilewink:

Regards

Terrorvogel

• Like 1

ASROCK X79 Extreme11 (WC), i7-4930K (WC), 32GB G.Skill TridentX, Vertex 3 120GB, GTX 980ti, 3x 39,5" Philips 4K, TrackIR 5, TM Warthog with PeterP´s FFB2 Mod, 2xSaitek Throttle, 2x Thrustmaster Cougar MFD Bezel, Simped Vario Pedals modded with toe brakes, Opencockpit Cards, 4x Soundcard, 2x Buttkicker Gamer 2, 4x GTX 950 with tons of touchscreens...

Gillesdrone gave up on displaying these numbers through SIOC only and he is using Helios now for UV26 and PVI800. Hellfrog found out that BS2 can export the UV26, PVI800 and EKRAN displays just like ABRIS and SHKVAL. You can find this on the SCSimulation forum. But maybe you are already aware of this.

I know it is frustrating. I also built an UV26 and glued the 7segments leds, and I am stuck here. What I added is a small USB touch screen on the side of my pit to display PVI800 and UV26 along with Helios gauges.

You should check out too the "cockpit building" part on this forum.

I think you mean this thread which i already read: http://www.scsimulations.com/showthread.php?1100-BS-UV26-digits-display-moving&highlight=uv26

Yup this is really frustrating because nearly everything can be used by sioc exept this really important thing. To use a USB display for UV26 is the very last thing i´d like to do because of spending money and time into my "touchable" countermeasure unit which looks and feels so much better.

Unfortunately my programming skills are too low, to write my own UV26-sioc-code of subtracting the flares. If i could, i would do so.

In my opinion ED should fix this too, to finish Black Shark once and for all and to finally satisfy us little group of crazy homepit builders with a perfect simulation.

I´m so sad because i know this will not happen... :cry:

Regards

Terrorvogel

ASROCK X79 Extreme11 (WC), i7-4930K (WC), 32GB G.Skill TridentX, Vertex 3 120GB, GTX 980ti, 3x 39,5" Philips 4K, TrackIR 5, TM Warthog with PeterP´s FFB2 Mod, 2xSaitek Throttle, 2x Thrustmaster Cougar MFD Bezel, Simped Vario Pedals modded with toe brakes, Opencockpit Cards, 4x Soundcard, 2x Buttkicker Gamer 2, 4x GTX 950 with tons of touchscreens...

Well, I think the pit building community ironed out almost everything they can since 2009. We gave up a long time ago ED's promise to release a pit builder SDK as it was announced when BS1 was released. We got now almost all exportable variables and I am grateful to BS2 team to allow the graphic display export of PVI and UV26, eventhough it is not through a lua file. I can now fly combat mission without the virtual cockpit just by looking at my 'real' pit and a (agreed) not too realistic additional side display. Think I'll do with it.

I have a plan for extracting that data via Helios, but it will have some limitations and has not been tested yet. I plan on exporting that data as listed here and doing some OCR on screen shots to convert it to 7-Segment displays.

I will be working on the techniques as soon as I get the PCB boards in for my CMSP screens.

I have a plan for extracting that data via Helios, but it will have some limitations and has not been tested yet. I plan on exporting that data as listed here and doing some OCR on screen shots to convert it to 7-Segment displays.

I will be working on the techniques as soon as I get the PCB boards in for my CMSP screens.

This sounds great Gadroc! I would pay for it!

Where can i find the progress of theese things in the future (Link)? At you´re website or here?

You´re my biggest hero if this is working sometime:thumbup:

Regards

Terrorvogel

I usually don't announce things like this. I have to split my free time across Helios dev, building my own pit and actually getting to fly my toys. Similar to ED done when it's done I don't want people to have the wrong expectations. I'll post more once I have it fully working reliably.

I usually don't announce things like this. I have to split my free time across Helios dev, building my own pit and actually getting to fly my toys. Similar to ED done when it's done I don't want people to have the wrong expectations. I'll post more once I have it fully working reliably.

Ok i unsterstand that. I´m looking forward to your possibly solution sometime...

Regards

Terrorvogel

I don't know anything about your problem, but I am programming in SIOC from time to time. What is the problem here? Is it that you can't get the remaining flares as a variable from Lua? Is it that you can't get it over to SIOC with your Lua-SIOC interface? Do you get all the required info to your SIOC variables but need to do some calculations on them?

Digital-to-Synchro converter for interfacing real aircraft instruments - Thread

Check out my High Input Count Joystick Controller for cockpit builders, with support for 248 switches, 2 POV hats and 13 analog axes. Over 60 units sold. - B256A13

www.novelair.com - The world's most realistic flight simulators of the J35J Draken and the AJS37 Viggen.

I don't know anything about your problem, but I am programming in SIOC from time to time. What is the problem here? Is it that you can't get the remaining flares as a variable from Lua? Is it that you can't get it over to SIOC with your Lua-SIOC interface? Do you get all the required info to your SIOC variables but need to do some calculations on them?

The problem is, that there is no data coming from Lua which can be used of displaying the remaining flares to digits. It has to be calculated manually inside sioc.ini using the UV26´s direct inputs.

The remainig flares are depending from numbers of flares and numbers of sequences you have set in UV26-panel. This variables and the multiple count when releasing flares (manually: x-times or automatic: intervall-setting in UV26 in x-time)

For example:

UV26 is set to:

- 3 (flares)

- 2 (sequences)

1. Single release should subtract: 6 flares from the total of 128 ones

2. If pressing "Start" in UV26 it depends how intervall-time is set and till pressing "Stop" again.

This is the "easiest" way.

For perfect solution we also need to notice the sides of flares (each has 64 flares). As you know, is it possible to release flares only for each side too.

To count the remaining ones (per side and finally the total ones) there has to be integrated the "Side" position of the UV26 switch too.

I hope i´m right so far with my explanation:huh:

For someone who is able to programm such things it should be easy to write this. Maybe you can take a look at the code from guillesdrone´s code so far:

This the SSI's Part of UV26 
is there for 7-segments and light and buttons sequency and choice side 

// **************************************************  ***************************
// * Config_SIOC ver 3.5   -     By Manolo Vélez    -    www.opencockpits.com
// **************************************************  ***************************
// * FileName : gg.txt
// * Date : 04/10/2010

Var 0100, name IniReUv26_LINK, Value 1     // INITIALISATION RETRO ECLAIRAGE
{
 &RetroUV26_LED = &IniReUv26_LINK    
}

Var 0101, name DigitDroitUv26, Value 0     // INIT DIGIT DROIT UV26
{
 &DisplayDroitFl = &DisplayDroitFl    
}

Var 0102, name DigitMidUv26, Value 1     // INIT DIGIT MILIEU UV26
{
 &DisplayMidFlar = &DigitMidUv26    
}

Var 0103, name DigitLeftUv26, Value 1     // INIT DIGIT GAUCHE UV26
{
 &DisplayLeftFla = &DigitLeftUv26    
}

Var 0498, name gauchUV26, Link IOCARD_SW, Input 240     // SWITCH UV26 FLARE GAUCHE 
{
 IF &gauchUV26 = 1
 {
   &uv26bordLNK = 1    
 }
 IF &gauchUV26 = 0
 {
   &uv26bordLNK = 2    
 }
}

Var 0499, name DROITUV26, Link IOCARD_SW, Input 239     // SWITCH UV26 BORD DROIT
{
 IF &DROITUV26 = 1
 {
   &uv26bordLNK = 3    
 }
 IF &DROITUV26 = 0
 {
   IF &gauchUV26 = 0
   {
     &uv26bordLNK = 2    
   }
 }
}

Var 0500, name uv26bordLNK     // SWITCH CHOIX DU LARGAGE FLARES

Var 0592, name Uv26QP_SW, Link IOCARD_SW, Input 234     // SWITCH UV26 QUANTITé PROGRAMATION

Var 0593, name Uv26Seq_SW, Link IOCARD_SW, Input 238     // SWITCH UV26 SEQUENCE
{
 IF &Uv26Seq_SW = 1
 {
   IF &DisplayLeftFla <= 8
   {
     &DisplayLeftFla = &DisplayLeftFla + 1
   }
   ELSE
   {
     &DisplayLeftFla = 0    
   }
 }
}

Var 0594, name Uv26Leurres_SW, Link IOCARD_SW, Input 241     // SWITCH UV26 NBRE LEURRES
{
 IF &Uv26Leurres_SW = 1
 {
   IF &DisplayMidFlar <= 7
   {
     &DisplayMidFlar = &DisplayMidFlar + 1
   }
   ELSE
   {
     &DisplayMidFlar = 1    
   }
 }
}

Var 0595, name Uv26Delay_SW, Link IOCARD_SW, Input 235     // SWITCH UV26 DELAY
{
 IF &Uv26Delay_SW = 1
 {
   IF &DisplayDroitFl <= 8
   {
     &DisplayDroitFl = &DisplayDroitFl + 1
   }
   ELSE
   {
     &DisplayDroitFl = 0    
   }
 }
}

Var 0596, name Uv26Start_SW, Link IOCARD_SW, Input 237     // SWITCH UV26 START

Var 0597, name Uv26Reset_SW, Link IOCARD_SW, Input 243     // SWITCH UV26 RESET
{
 IF &Uv26Reset_SW = 1
 {
   &DisplayDroitFl = 0    
   &DisplayLeftFla = 1    
   &DisplayMidFlar = 1    
 }
}

Var 0598, name Uv26Stop_SW, Link IOCARD_SW, Input 242     // SWITCH UV26 STOP

Var 0700, name UV26_larg_D, Link IOCARD_OUT, Output 31     // voyant UV26 largage droit

Var 0705, name UV26_larg_G, Link IOCARD_OUT, Output 32     // UV26 largage gauche

Var 0710, name UV26ret1, Link IOCARD_OUT, Output 33     // retro ecl UV26

Var 0715, name UV26_ret2, Link IOCARD_OUT, Output 34     // retro ecl UV26

Var 0720, name UV26_ret3, Link IOCARD_OUT, Output 35     // retro ecl UV26

Var 0725, name UV26_ret4, Link IOCARD_OUT, Output 36     // retro ecl UV26

Var 0730, name UV26_ret5, Link IOCARD_OUT, Output 37     // retro ecl UV26  voyant VERT

Var 0735, name UV26_ret6, Link IOCARD_OUT, Output 38     // retro ecl UV26 Voyant ROUGE

Var 0930, name fus_on, Link IOCARD_SW, Input 262     // inter de fusées 

Var 0931, name fus_1, Link IOCARD_SW, Input 252     // inter fusée 1

Var 0932, name fus_2, Link IOCARD_SW, Input 259     // inter fusée 2

Var 0933, name fus_3, Link IOCARD_SW, Input 258     // inter fusée 3

Var 0934, name fus_4, Link IOCARD_SW, Input 257     // inter fusée 4

Var 1030, name uv26power, Link IOCARD_SW, Input 255     // SWITCH UV267POWER ON/OFF

Var 1033, name CA5VHF2, Link IOCARD_SW, Input 13     // SELECTOR UV26 CA5VHF2
{
 IF &CA5VHF2 = 1
 {
   &spuselect_LNK = 1    
 }
}

Var 1076, name DisplayDroitFl, Link IOCARD_DISPLAY, Digit 194, Numbers 1     // AFFICHEUR DROIT UV26

Var 1077, name DisplayMidFlar, Link IOCARD_DISPLAY, Digit 193, Numbers 1     // AFFICHEUR MILIEU UV26

Var 1078, name DisplayLeftFla, Link IOCARD_DISPLAY, Digit 192, Numbers 1     // AFFICHEUR GAUCHE UV26         

It does sound possible but it would probably take some time. Isn't it possible to change the Lua-script to also send flares remaining?

Check out my High Input Count Joystick Controller for cockpit builders, with support for 248 switches, 2 POV hats and 13 analog axes. Over 60 units sold. - B256A13

www.novelair.com - The world's most realistic flight simulators of the J35J Draken and the AJS37 Viggen.

Actually the problem is bigger than that. First that display does not just display flares remaining. It is also the display used when programming the pattern. So depending on how the switches are set it displays the pattern, or the flares remaining.

While Terror's math seems doable outside the sim, it's not going to work in all instances. Mainly because you also have no way of knowing the current program. You can in theory always hit the reset button at the beginning of a mission to reset it to a know state, but if you forget there is no way to get it reset latter in the mission (flare counts will be off). Second if the mission is for some reason starts with out a "pristine" config the logic won't work.

Ah, ok. Is it impossible to access the display digits from Lua?

So all our hopes are with you Gadroc...may the force be with you...:)

Regards

Terrorvogel

You could possibly extract it directly from the simulators RAM ;) Guess it would take some time to find the right address though :D FSUIPC did it that way with FS9.

Edited by brydling