Rudder Pedals??

tmansteve

They would help with keeping the plane pointed the right direction during hover. If that is your problem then they would help. For me the difficult thing is keeping the plane from drifting left/right and forward/backwards. The rudder won't help with that.

A good set of pedals is a absolutely worth it but if your going to get saiteks or similar, not so much.

i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz - ASUS Maximus Hero XI - 32GB 4266 DDR4 RAM - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - 1 TB NVME - NZXT Kraken 62 Watercooling System - Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Virpil Base) - MFG Crosswind Pedals - Pimax 5K+

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

I've read a lot about the T16000m Hotas. Not a lot of cash to throw at everything and thought it would be better than my Hotas X. I have to agree Tenkom, I do have problems with PIO. Everything is fine until I come over the runway or carrier and then it goes pear shaped.

Would the rudder pedals help with refueling or am I grabbing at straws and more practice needed?

Rudder pedals are not needed for refuelling. Neither are they a must. I personally regret it that I got the Warthog stick with pedals. I used to have a X-52 pro and twisting the stick was good enough and with some practice all you need if you don't want to spend more money than "necessary".

I think the quality of your joystick makes a huge difference. My old joystick sends jerky signals so there is no way I can vertically land accurately unless I set huge dead-zones and curves. But that is no good for flying.

If there's no wind, and you have a twist-stick rudder, unbinding rudder completely actually makes hover easier.

Bought and installed rudder pedals today.

I am gonna never fly without anymore.

There are many aircrafts in DCS, where a twist rudder makes it grueling to fly and u have a better feel with pedals (e.g. helis). The Harrier is ok with a twist-rudder, but, if I compare now, rudders are more ez for me. Some airplanes need an permanent rudder input to fly properly. And that can't be done with a tiwst rudder nicely.

They're not a 'must' and they take getting used to but... recently while waiting on pedals I had to make do with a twist and it seemed tiring and sometimes trying to do too many things at one time with one hand, in a helo you're manipulating all three axes while also trying to push buttons etc. It can be physically hard to hold the stick firmly enough to do it all without slipping. Pedals solve that problem.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

I imagine its done by people all the time but landing on the LHA without pedals would be less immersive. I fly the Hornet primarily but I can't help but keep up on landing the Harrier on a moving carrier. Its absolutely amazing. To be honest, the twist will work but the pedals, oh man, the pedals really make it feel like your there.

i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz - ASUS Maximus Hero XI - 32GB 4266 DDR4 RAM - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - 1 TB NVME - NZXT Kraken 62 Watercooling System - Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Virpil Base) - MFG Crosswind Pedals - Pimax 5K+

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet