CCRP with Autolase not working in 2.0

Tango777

In DCS 2.0 I program my GBU-10s or GBU-12s in CCRP mode with auto-lase on and 10 seconds in the box just as the tutorial says to do. I hit the left Ctrl button and up arrow on the keyboard and everything looks perfect in the hud and on the TGP display. The 2 solid green lines are lined up and the bomb releases the moment the timer dot on the hud passes into the round green retical. But the target is only hit on very rare occasion. On the TGP display I keep the crosshairs on the target the entire time, even after the bomb is released.

In DCS 1.5 I fly missions and the bombs nail their targets every time with an exception once in a blue moon.

However in DCS 2.0 my laser guided bombs hit their target 1 time in maybe 30 times. The point of impact is about 50 to 100 yards off target.

The weather is set to clear and there is no wind whenever I fly in DCS 2.0.

I am between 8,000 feet and 10,000 feet in the A-10C when they are released and I keep the A-10C at 210 to 215 kts.

I have ran the Repair DCS World on both 1.5, and 2.0 open alpha and nothing changes. I nail the targets in DCS 1.5 in CCRP (with auto-lase on) practically every time, but not in 2.0 and I do nothing different in 2.0.

Any suggestions?

i7-13700F - 32GB DDR5 RAM - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060Ti 16GB - 2TB NVMe SSD - Windows 11

On your TGP page, when the laser turns on, there should be a flashing L. Is it flashing? It could be that the laser is not firing for some reason.

"Fighter pilots have ice in their veins. They don't have emotions. They think, anticipate. They know that fear and other concerns cloud your mind from what's going on and what you should be involved in." -Buzz Aldrin

https://clips.twitch.tv/FairLongFishChocolateRain

Does your HUD and TGP look like mine? I only use manual lase but i lase at 10 sec all the time so it would look identical anyways.

Lining up on CCRP should not really be your main concern, what would be the point of lasing the target? it guides it to a certain envelope being my point. The main factor of CCRP and auto lase is making the changes to the LGBU on the DMS page then selecting that profile. so after 10 seconds you want to see on your HUD the "L" and in the TGP "L" start flashing and thats it.

Intel i9-9900K 32GB DDR4, RTX 2080tiftw3, Windows 10, 1tb 970 M2, TM Warthog, 4k 144hz HDR g-sync.

First confirm your laser is firing.

One of the most common errors is creating an auto lasing profile and then deselecting that profile, and then simply selecting the bombs again on the DSMS. If you do this, you're selecting the default weapon profile and it will not automatically lase.

I find it easier to manually lase instead of having to select the correct profile.

Are you using someone else's mission? I've found with the NTTR mission created by the 476th, the planes have a different laser code than the default 1688 that the bombs are always set at on mission start, this threw me off the first time I used the mission.

Edited by Deezle

Intel 9600K@4.9GHz, Asus Z390, 32GB DDR4, EVGA RTX 3070, Custom Water Cooling, 970 EVO 1TB NVMe

34" UltraWide 3440x1440 Curved Monitor, 21" Touch Screen MFD monitor, TIR5

My Pit Build, VKB Gunfighter Pro w/WH Grip, TMWH Throttle, MFG Crosswinds W/Combat Pedals, Cougar MFDs, Custom A-10C panels, Custom Helo Collective, SimShaker with Transducer

First confirm your laser is firing.

One of the most common errors is creating an auto lasing profile and then deselecting that profile, and then simply selecting the bombs again on the DSMS. If you do this, you're selecting the default weapon profile and it will not automatically lase.

I find it easier to manually lase instead of having to select the correct profile.

Are you using someone else's mission? I've found with the NTTR mission created by the 476th, the planes have a different laser code than the default 1688 that the bombs are always set at on mission start, this threw me off the first time I used the mission.

How do you change the Laser code?

RTX 2070 8GB | 32GB DDR4 2666 RAM | AMD Ryzen 5 3600 4.2Ghz | Asrock X570 | CH Fighterstick/Pro Throttle | TM MFDs | TrackIR 5

How do you change the Laser code?

Turn the TGP on. Select A-G when it's warmed up, hit CTRL (OSB 1) and you'll have laser and LSS codes on the left side, type the desired code into the scratchpad and hit the corresponding OSB to change the value. Changing the bomb codes is more involved but those should always be 1688 at mission start but the TGP codes can be different if the mission builder puts extra effort into it.

• Like 1

Intel 9600K@4.9GHz, Asus Z390, 32GB DDR4, EVGA RTX 3070, Custom Water Cooling, 970 EVO 1TB NVMe

My Pit Build, VKB Gunfighter Pro w/WH Grip, TMWH Throttle, MFG Crosswinds W/Combat Pedals, Cougar MFDs, Custom A-10C panels, Custom Helo Collective, SimShaker with Transducer

Another thing to watch is that you didn't accidently bump the dms and switch to pointer "p" mode. Ive done this a time or two

Callsign: "Milkman"

I7-8700k@4.8--Corsair H115i pro--EVGA FTW3 1080ti--GB Aorus Z370--256GB M.2 SSD--16GB ram--Win10--1000wGold Rate PSU--CV1 Rift--TIR5--X55 HOTAS--TM pedals--TM MFDs--Custom UFC

In DCS 2.0 I program my GBU-10s or GBU-12s in CCRP mode with auto-lase on and 10 seconds in the box just as the tutorial says to do. I hit the left Ctrl button and up arrow on the keyboard and everything looks perfect in the hud and on the TGP display. The 2 solid green lines are lined up and the bomb releases the moment the timer dot on the hud passes into the round green retical. But the target is only hit on very rare occasion. On the TGP display I keep the crosshairs on the target the entire time, even after the bomb is released.

In DCS 1.5 I fly missions and the bombs nail their targets every time with an exception once in a blue moon.

However in DCS 2.0 my laser guided bombs hit their target 1 time in maybe 30 times. The point of impact is about 50 to 100 yards off target.

The weather is set to clear and there is no wind whenever I fly in DCS 2.0.

I am between 8,000 feet and 10,000 feet in the A-10C when they are released and I keep the A-10C at 210 to 215 kts.

I have ran the Repair DCS World on both 1.5, and 2.0 open alpha and nothing changes. I nail the targets in DCS 1.5 in CCRP (with auto-lase on) practically every time, but not in 2.0 and I do nothing different in 2.0.

Any suggestions?

Could you provide a short track? Maybe we can see what is causing the problem.

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

I'm betting it's because despite programming the laser etc when you actually drop the GBU you're using the default profile.

Try getting into the habit of renaming your GBU profiles (rude words are good) and make sure you have them selected in the DSMS before pickling.

Also, IIRC when you cycle weapons (e.g. from GBUs to Mavericks and back again) then the GBU will automatically revert to the default profile. Which is a PITA.

Why the GBUs don't come pre-loaded with a generic-but-useful default profile is beyond me.

Edited by Lixma 06

I have not had a chance to test it again. I think I will have time to do it tomorrow and then I will report back here.

What I can say is that my missions are created by DCS Create Quick Mission.

Thanks!

i7-13700F - 32GB DDR5 RAM - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060Ti 16GB - 2TB NVMe SSD - Windows 11

On your TGP page, when the laser turns on, there should be a flashing L. Is it flashing? It could be that the laser is not firing for some reason.

Thank you very much! You nailed the problem. For some reason the A-10C in 2.0 will not auto-lase even though I have the bombs programmed to do so in the DSMS profile pages. I have to hold on the NWS button to manually laser the target and the bombs are on target now.

Strange that the auto-lase works in 1.5.

Auto lase works fine in 2.2. I'd suggest reviewing your procedures.

I don't know what to tell anybody but I just spent over 4 hours in both 1.5 and 2.0. The auto lase works in 1.5 but it does not work in 2.0, I went back and forth between the two versions of DCS. My procedures are identical.

Someone mentioned that I could record or do a short track of the flight and upload it here. How do I do that?

I don't know what to tell anybody but I just spent over 4 hours in both 1.5 and 2.0. The auto lase works in 1.5 but it does not work in 2.0, I went back and forth between the two versions of DCS. My procedures are identical.

Someone mentioned that I could record or do a short track of the flight and upload it here. How do I do that?

Just fly the missions and when you finish, quit and press SAVE TRACK.

Then go to C:\Users\youruser\Saved Games\DCS\Tracks

Flying my A-10C in the most recent v2 last night, I turned the Laser Latch On to lase for some Harrier guys. After maybe 15-20 minutes of me lasing the laser turned off on its own. After that when I pressed the laser button the laser would only stay on for about 5 seconds. In the TGP the 'L' laser status indicator would flash as normal and the 'T' character to the right would switch to 'L' but for only 5 seconds, then the flashing 'L' went steady and the right hand 'L' reverted back to 'T'. I turned Laser Latch to Off and tried to manually lase but got the same short 5 second firing. I switched through the Pointer and Both modes but could not keep the laser on. I left the laser off for more than 5 minutes thinking maybe it was in an over-temp condition but that did not help. Me thinks we have a bug...

Visit the Hollo Pointe DCS World server -- an open server with a variety of COOP & H2H missions including Combined Arms. All released missions are available for free download, modification and public hosting, from my Wrecking Crew Projects site.

Flying my A-10C in the most recent v2 last night, I turned the Laser Latch On to lase for some Harrier guys. After maybe 15-20 minutes of me lasing the laser turned off on its own. After that when I pressed the laser button the laser would only stay on for about 5 seconds. In the TGP the 'L' laser status indicator would flash as normal and the 'T' character to the right would switch to 'L' but for only 5 seconds, then the flashing 'L' went steady and the right hand 'L' reverted back to 'T'. I turned Laser Latch to Off and tried to manually lase but got the same short 5 second firing. I switched through the Pointer and Both modes but could not keep the laser on. I left the laser off for more than 5 minutes thinking maybe it was in an over-temp condition but that did not help. Me thinks we have a bug...

Overheat? Im not an A10 guy, but sounds possible.