APU Control Switch - ON/OFF command is strange

LeCuvier

The command "APU Control Switch - ON/OFF" in the cockpit is a maintained 2-position ON/OFF switch. So I bound it to a maintained ON/OFF switch.

Before and during the engine start process, the switch in the cockpit follows my physical switch as expected. But once both engines are running and I want to stop th APU, the sitch behaves differently:

I set my switch to OFF: nothing happens.

I set my switch back to ON: the cockpit switch goes OFF.

So, once the engines are running, this command no longer works as a maintained ON/OFF sitch but like an ON/OF toggle or pushbutton.

It's obviously not a high-priority bug but I would like to see it corrected.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

• ED Team

It's not quite a bug. It is how Warthog switches work - they produce signal if they are on, just like ordinary button. Input command is for button. It may be not comfortable, but definitely not an error. We are thinking about adding additional command for Warthog joystick to make it more convenient. But as real switch is electrically held in ON position, it will never work the same as real one.

Would really like to see it fixed.

It's been fixed since last Friday...

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

It's been fixed since last Friday...

It's not 'fixed'. I updated and still don't have ON and OFF bindings for the APU.

I mentioned in the other thread that I suspected it was because the switch is electrically held. However I don't think that's a good reason to not include the discrete bindings when they're so comprehensive for everything else.

Asus Z690 Hero | 12900K | 64GB G.Skill 6000 | 4090FE | Reverb G2 | VPC MongoosT-50CM2 + TM Grips  | Winwing Orion2 Throttle | MFG Crosswind Pedals

It's not quite a bug. It is how Warthog switches work - they produce signal if they are on, just like ordinary button. Input command is for button. It may be not comfortable, but definitely not an error. We are thinking about adding additional command for Warthog joystick to make it more convenient. But as real switch is electrically held in ON position, it will never work the same as real one.

Call it what you want. The fact that it does not behave in the same once the engines are runnig is inconsistent. And inconsistent behaviour to me is not right. We should have in input command option that behaves logically with a maintained ON/OFF switch.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

I understand cofcorpse's point about it being an electrically held switch. At least they acknowledge that adding the extra commands are being considered. I think that would be a huge improvement on the current state of things.

P.S. Someone actually modded their Warthog throttle to make the EAC switch disengage realistically in the A-10C. Pretty impressive, if a little complicated...

Asus Z690 Hero | 12900K | 64GB G.Skill 6000 | 4090FE | Reverb G2 | VPC MongoosT-50CM2 + TM Grips  | Winwing Orion2 Throttle | MFG Crosswind Pedals

... But as real switch is electrically held in ON position, it will never work the same as real one.

I guess you have a point here. Also it seems to me that the APU is switched off automatically once the startup is completed.

So, no matter what you do it will never be quite realistic because the program cannot move my switch lever. So I will only use that switch to start the APU.

LeCuvier