Ryzen choice?

I think he was talking about the Ryzen 2600, as op was asking about R7 2600 and 2600x

I was reading on a mobile dooh! Mixed the X for a K. :doh:

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

Would it be cheaper to buy the processor and then mobo separately. That’s just the bundle amazon offered

Depends on the bundle. Newegg.com is a good place to shop as well if in the US. Amazon may have better return policies but any new hardware should have like a 3 year manufacturer's warranty. Of course shipping costs if you're an amazon prime subscriber couldn be factor.

Just be sure to browse newegg not their 3rd party market place, look for this at the top of the page everytime you look at a new

item. Click screenshot below to see what I mean. "Sold by: * Newegg"

newegg.PNG.38363c309cec104da93a31f0e16f4db6.PNG

https://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboBundleDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.3845854&Description=ryzen%202600

$230 Ryzen 2600+ B450M mothebroard combo.

1060 6gb should be fine for 1080p resolution. 1070 will be a bit better. CPU speed could be a bigger deal powering a 1080p monitor. No matter which way you go here, it's all a step up from that ol' 1100T.

Don't over think it. Any of the options described are an upgrade for you. Stay comfortable..

Edited by Headwarp
Spoiler

Win 11 Pro, z790 i9 13900k, RTX 4090 , 64GB DDR 6400GB, OS and DCS are on separate pci-e 4.0 drives 

Sim hardware - VKB MCG Ultimate with 200mm extension, Virpil T-50CM3 Dual throttles.   Blackhog B-explorer (A), TM Cougar MFD's (two), MFG Crosswinds with dampener.   Obutto R3volution gaming pit.  

I was comenting Rudel's post about the 2600K. 9600K is faster right now but it might not matter with Vulkan and at savings on top (6 physical threads VS 12 logical ones).

When I'm choosing CPU, I prefer to compare only options already on the market .. so, that's why I wont recommend a processor like the Ryzen 3000, that isnt here yet, there are no benchmarks for it and its costs is anybody's guess.

Same with Vulkan ... there may pass years before we see it actually being used by DCS, most likely the OP will have upgraded his CPU before that.

IMHO choosing a CPU for the next 4-5 years based on the current game engine state knowing Vulkan is coming is a mistake, though I respect your opinion. This is not a straightforward choice.

I never purchase a processor for 4-5 years ... on that time lapse I typically go over 2-3 processors ... 5 years ago I was using an Intel Core i5 750, then upgraded it for a Core i7 870, and then upgraded again to my Current Ryzen 1500X ... but I will also respect your preference for using the same processor over 5 years.

Best regards

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Buy a NEW and GOOOD AMD-AM4 motherboard ALONG with a good used Ryzen 6-core like 1600 or 1600x...

...AND...when the Ryzen 3000 comes out -----> PLUG IT IN :)

...and resell the 1600x again.

cheap, smart, best endresult

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

Buy a NEW and GOOOD AMD-AM4 motherboard ALONG with a good used Ryzen 6-core like 1600 or 1600x...

...AND...when the Ryzen 3000 comes out -----> PLUG IT IN :)

...and resell the 1600x again.

cheap, smart, best endresult

I was just about to make a similar comment. If you go with the AM4 board right now, and even a less expensive ryzen cpu, AM4 boards are slotted to be compatible with Ryzen 3000 series. 3000x are slated for 4.5-5ghz. I'm with Bitmaster. This is probably your best route.

So you can buy a new cpu later on if you want to, and skimp on the processor for the needs of your budget for the time being. AM4 compatibility up to the year 2020. The drawback - no PCI-E 4.0 support. Not even a concern.

Edited by Headwarp
Spoiler

Win 11 Pro, z790 i9 13900k, RTX 4090 , 64GB DDR 6400GB, OS and DCS are on separate pci-e 4.0 drives 

Sim hardware - VKB MCG Ultimate with 200mm extension, Virpil T-50CM3 Dual throttles.   Blackhog B-explorer (A), TM Cougar MFD's (two), MFG Crosswinds with dampener.   Obutto R3volution gaming pit.  

SYSTEMBUILDAAAAA :) Hell yeah !!

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

When I get cichlidfan to buy an AMD CPU you can call me SIR ...haha :)

When I get cichlidfan to buy an AMD CPU you can call me SIR ...haha :)

I'm still not used to AMD being so HOT like they have been lately SIR. :surrender:

My apologies to the OP for letting it slip my mind to check for future motherboard compatibility. Seriously.. x470 or b450 and a ryzen cpu. get the gpu you WANT. + 16gb minimum dd4 ram..

SSD at some point if not already in possession.

save up for a ryzen 3000 series. Very happy camper.

Put that ddr 3 ram up on ebay or reddit, and the ryzen cpu when you upgrade.

Edited by Headwarp
Spoiler

Headwarp,

the reason why I tend to AMD for todays decisions ion what to buy is actually pretty simple. In no special order, just my "+" points for Ryzen or Threadripper.

- Better cooling options overall, not even the 9900k-Soldered did change my mind on that. It made it even stronger instead.

- more cores, which will make a difference and already do, depending on your work and games you play

Socket friendly. 3 CPU generations in 1 board. That is consumer friendly

- Speed is plenty already for anything, even 1080p, The higher your res, the less this matters. In real life, TiR Pilots play at 60Hz....ahem. So yes, 5G is nice if you can unlock 60fps again.

I run a 1600x as an office machine. The platform is easier to maintain than Intel on comparable Asus Prime boards. Less stress, more smile.

At the end of the day, I have been enough admin, i just wanna be a user as you and everybody else. To get there, I first got me a Mac years ago, to kiss windows goodby when i do family pics and stuff. My 2nd move will be to get rid off over-complicated Intel builds with delid-relid BS, Bios after Bios, #14 by now, lots of small squirks that only now start to ease off. This maturing of Z370 was a ROUGH one. Intel IRST driver is still heavily bugged, I can reproduce the flaw with any driver after 16.2 . Sad but true.

None of that BS haunts the 1600x on a Asus Prime Z370-Pro board. It did locked 4GHz out of the box fitted with an Noctua DH15-AM4 cooler. A truely rock solid combo even for hours of priming at 4G.

When AMD delivers Ryzen 3000 and if it will really hit 5.xGHz as indicated by usually reputable sources, and increased IPC ( finally !! ) and more cores, all that at 7nm...

in other words, if you own intel stocks, sell them NOW and buy into AMD.

Headwarp,

the reason why I tend to AMD for todays decisions ion what to buy is actually pretty simple. In no special order, just my "+" points for Ryzen or Threadripper.

- Better cooling options overall, not even the 9900k-Soldered did change my mind on that. It made it even stronger instead.

- more cores, which will make a difference and already do, depending on your work and games you play

Socket friendly. 3 CPU generations in 1 board. That is consumer friendly

- Speed is plenty already for anything, even 1080p, The higher your res, the less this matters. In real life, TiR Pilots play at 60Hz....ahem. So yes, 5G is nice if you can unlock 60fps again.

I run a 1600x as an office machine. The platform is easier to maintain than Intel on comparable Asus Prime boards. Less stress, more smile.

At the end of the day, I have been enough admin, i just wanna be a user as you and everybody else. To get there, I first got me a Mac years ago, to kiss windows goodby when i do family pics and stuff. My 2nd move will be to get rid off over-complicated Intel builds with delid-relid BS, Bios after Bios, #14 by now, lots of small squirks that only now start to ease off. This maturing of Z370 was a ROUGH one. Intel IRST driver is still heavily bugged, I can reproduce the flaw with any driver after 16.2 . Sad but true.

None of that BS haunts the 1600x on a Asus Prime Z370-Pro board. It did locked 4GHz out of the box fitted with an Noctua DH15-AM4 cooler. A truely rock solid combo even for hours of priming at 4G.

When AMD delivers Ryzen 3000 and if it will really hit 5.xGHz as indicated by usually reputable sources, and increased IPC ( finally !! ) and more cores, all that at 7nm...

in other words, if you own intel stocks, sell them NOW and buy into AMD.

Lol. I wouldn't jump the gun just yet. AMD's flexing, could be what pushes intel and nvidia to rethink the design. But I'm not a stock broker myself.

Mentioned in a PM I don't have the issues with RST that you're having but looking at the support page for my mobo, my sata controller drivers are 17.0.1.1075, no 16.2 to be found. 15.9, 16.8. Maybe you found a driver that left some stuff behind it shouldn't have? I can't say I know of a ddu type program for intel. But some time spent with the registry might point to some answers.

I'd talk to Asus about it personally.. as dreadful as the stories I've read of customer service might be. Either that driver install is corrupt or your sata controller could be defective imo. Had similar troubles with my 2500k rig towards the later years of ownership. Nothing of the sort with this one.

I did a windows factory reset recently, which pointed out to me my OS install previously had some conflcits all the troubleshooting I know to do didn't touch. Factory version was 1809 surprisingly enough. Wasn't too bad, although my connection allows for really fast downloads and my methods knock out control binds fairly quickly.

*edit* strix z370E had a sata controller driver update jan. 24th. Same drivers I'm using.

Edited by Headwarp
Spoiler

That specific Intel AHCI driver issue doesnt haunt most systems but some, incl. my setup.

IT#s well known in google and debated in forums I looked up in the past. The cure was to revert to at least 16.2 or hope for a new driver with a fix.

The symptom is, that your system HALTS 100% incl. sound and all for 2-10seconds ...and then just moves alomg as if nothing ever happened. Happened in DCS on and offline and it didnt cause a DCS crash, which is astonishing. YT vids halt, everything stops...and goes on.

I think the reason are my 2 x 2TB HDD's. I may get them out soon when I get a bunch of PC's back with 256GB Samsung Pro 850's. I might take 2 or 3 for my machine and makie ti all 850 Pro 256GB + 1 NVMe. Maybe that allows me to install a newer driver, tho i have no issues with 16.2 even in 1809.

I have this error foir 3 Win10 installs, even starting back to the last 17xx build. It doesnt seem to be Win10 related. It's not that bad as I found out, after MONTHS of looking what it is, how to bypass it with that older driver.

That was a big part of...I dont like Z370....IDE must work FLAWLESS, its your butter and bread.

The 2nd glitch I had that made me mad for months was that my PC didnt want to go to sleep mode, no matter what, it refused to do anything in that regard other by manually putting it to sleep or by script.

Well, it came back with anew install, so that didnt really fix it, but I then found out that it is not faulty when it is freshly installed, plain Win10, after my last install. So I tried to find out which it was, USB was my #1 suspect. Turned out, with my Warthof Throttle plugged into ANY of the USB it wouldnt go sleeping...but it did when it was fresh installed ( no drivers etc.. )..so it's gotta be a cross-effect, just WHICH one.

After many hours in google I found the real deal, it's a 2 year old bug, WELL WELL known by Nvidia and also MS.

If you have GF-Experience installed and any kind of USB game controller attached, you MIGHT get this error.

Deinstall GF-Experience and Sleepmode INSTANTLY works as intended.

That was a thing that made me install Linux Mint aside so my PC goes to sleep when I fall asleep..haha.

So yeah, that wasnt a particular Z370 error, just real annoying with this build.

But to be fair, thos ebugs are solved, it boots very fast meanwhile with the newer Bios' so it did get better.

Not sure, as I said, I would love a 7nm Threadripper, but it would never be faster than this rig, maybe same speed. So I really think, I should start enjoying it now that it starts to be smooth and nice.

DDR5 and PCIev5 will get me to a 5nm Threadripper, more likely tp happen in RL.

..along with a new GPU.

Edited by BitMaster