F-14 Liveries

Cdodders

this gave me an idea and im sort of surprised its not a thing already. we can already change the side numbers of aircraft why not the names on the canopy? what if the plane could read the player name in the seat so if "Bill" was pilot his name would show up on the canopy based on your dcs MP name and if a player joined as RIO it would replace the Jester label? unlikely but that would be pretty cool and save repainters some work making a plane for each pair in a squadron for example and is a bit of personalization tech that could be applied to other aircraft possibly. seems like it could be the same tech used to change the side #s so I cant imagine it would be too hard to do. and if names cant be read like that then maybe a field to enter them on the loadout screen like with board #s?

(please no delays because I had an Idea :thumbup: )

Great idea, but it's ED's job to provide that twilightsmile.png

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

this gave me an idea and im sort of surprised its not a thing already. we can already change the side numbers of aircraft why not the names on the canopy? what if the plane could read the player name in the seat so if "Bill" was pilot his name would show up on the canopy based on your dcs MP name and if a player joined as RIO it would replace the Jester label? unlikely but that would be pretty cool and save repainters some work making a plane for each pair in a squadron for example and is a bit of personalization tech that could be applied to other aircraft possibly. seems like it could be the same tech used to change the side #s so I cant imagine it would be too hard to do. and if names cant be read like that then maybe a field to enter them on the loadout screen like with board #s?

(please no delays because I had an Idea :thumbup: )

Would be a Nice addition that I imagine wouldn't be too hard for ED to add.. just a script that takes the name and nickname from your active logbook and adds it to your aircraft, otherwise everyone needs an entirely separate skin just to have their name on the side

Please visit this thread and add a plus 1 to show support for getting a full fidelity Su-17/20/22 in game https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=220572

Would be a Nice addition that I imagine wouldn't be too hard for ED to add.. just a script that takes the name and nickname from your active logbook and adds it to your aircraft, otherwise everyone needs an entirely separate skin just to have their name on the side

This would be very cool.

At least it would add a reason to even bother with the current logbook.

that was my thought. sounds simple enough to put in since the tech already exists. I was helping my friend make hornet skins before and this was the issue for those too. skin for every person is a fair bit of work

• 2 weeks later...

In case anyone missed it, Jabbers showed off all the liveries on his live stream.

Here's the Link:

Liveries start at 8:21

Ryzen 7 3800x - 32G DDR4 3400Mhz - RTX 2070 - M.2 1TB - Saitek x52 - Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals - Oculus Rift - 2 lap cats

Modules: FC3, Mirage 2000, AJS37 Viggen, AV-8B, MIG-21bis, MIG-19P, Mig-15, F5-E3, F-86F, A-4, F-14, A-10C, JF-17

• 2 years later...

Has anyone managed to find the distant LOD DDS?   I have the 3 in 1, but I get to a point where I'm zoomed out, and the skin reverts to grey (even with the stock white and hi vis skins.

i7 10700k @4.8GHz | Aurora GTX 3080 | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Pro 1Tb x 3 | Corsair 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

HP Reverb G2 | Vkb Gunfighter II MCG Pro Stick | Virpil T-50CM Throttle | MFG Crosswind Pedals | Custom built collective | 150 button custom cockpit with 3 x Cougar MFDs