** Leaving Drydock! Forrestal Class Update **

Cobra847

Hopefully the 22nd...

Flying the DCS: F-14B from Heatblur Simulations with Carrier Strike Group 2 and the VF-154 Black Knights!

I also own: Ka-50 2, A-10C, P-51D, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, FC3, F-86F, CA, Mig-15bis, Mig-21bis, F/A-18C, L-39, F-5E, AV-8B, AJS-37, F-16C, Mig-19P, JF-17, C-101, and CEII

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe elsewhere it was mentioned that this CAN'T come out until the Super Carrier comes out. So....whenever that happens.

you are right there won't be Forrestal till sc is released. It is unknown how many weeks ED wanted HB to wait to harvest SC sales

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Are there any plans to implement the FLOLS pop-up system we've seen on the SC preview videos? I haven't seen if it's a SC only feature yet, or even if it's going to make it to the standard Stennis or not (hope so), but I was curious if HB would use it if it's available to them for use?

"These are NOT 1 to 1 replicas of the real aircraft, there are countless compromises made on each of them" - Senior ED Member

Modules - Damn near all of them (no Christian Eagle or Yak)

System - i7-12700K, 64Gig DDR4 3200 RAM, RTX-3080, 3 32" monitors at 5760 x 1080, default settings of High (minor tweaks)

It's just an overlay. Not module specific.

Flying the DCS: F-14B from Heatblur Simulations with Carrier Strike Group 2 and the VF-154 Black Knights!

I also own: Ka-50 2, A-10C, P-51D, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, FC3, F-86F, CA, Mig-15bis, Mig-21bis, F/A-18C, L-39, F-5E, AV-8B, AJS-37, F-16C, Mig-19P, JF-17, C-101, and CEII

I thought it also had to do with not finishing the Forrestal until the SC code was fully sorted. Otherwise you're just running in circles as things get adjusted.

Supposedly per iron mike they werent using the SC code base for it.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Im vaguely scared that SC = money and ED will demand HB not release the forrestal, or say not release animated deck crew.

Originally Heatblur planned to do this, and have it available to all.. think what thatd do to SC especially as when HB made this announcement ED was saying the SC would have spaces you could "walk around" etc. Obviously things got scaled back. It sucks to have to pay for personnel on a carrier. I get its work and stuff but theyre sort of a big deal in carrier ops.

That said Im not rich and though SC is sexy I guess I wont be seeing carrier crew in my DCS as Im in a position to pay for such luxuries as a SC.

Hope everyones well and safe.

Im.just hoping the F14A is soon (so excited - the dce IRIAF F14 vs US coalition dce campaign is AMAZING and really fun. Its really spicy flying the F14 from land ina 1ship attacking the uber americans. Itll be so much better when I have liveries and a crappy real f14A to do it in. Probably wont be able to cheat and keep brinfing my "modified hawk missiles/aim54s" anymore but ill happily give em up)

I do reallyy look forward to AI A6s. And pray that someone makes one flyable.

outstanding :thumbup::pilotfly::joystick:

Getting things back on track after the SC release, we hope to have an update for you soon.

30+ years flight sims

-Alienware Desktop With constantly changing specs -Track IR 5 -Thrusmasters Warthog HOTAS #55179 -Saitek Pro Combat Rudder Pedals