[MOD] DCS Kneeboard Position by uboats

Thanks for the mod!!

Is it possible to run via SaveGames ? I get IC fail when trying to run inside DCS folder...

Thanks!

It is possible but a bit tricky because you have to modify the 'device_init.lua' in each aircraft mod folder separately to point to the custom 'declare_kneeboard_device.lua' in the saved games folder.

Then modify the custom 'declare_kneeboard_device.lua' to point to the custom 'indicator/init.lua' location in the saved games folder.

• 2 months later...

Hi uboats,

I've found that using your mod leads to some options missing like raindroplets and SSAO in the graphics menu.

As a tester for ED can you confirm this mod is going to be implemented as a feature?

It is surely a practical feature to control the position of the kneeboard...

(Besides the IC fails from before, if that is fixable at all in an easy way....or even better - integrated!! :)

Thanks for your support!!

Ron

Edited by ron533

Callsign   SETUP

• 4 weeks later...

It would be nice if the kneeboard could be sized and positioned higher or lower.

Yes I know that's what KneeboardBuilder does but 2.5 seems to/ignore my profile.

EDIT: Actually I found a crude fix by editing the ViewportHandling.lua. I inserted fixed values into the special function "update_screenspace_diplacement_uboats" to suit my screen layout, see bold text in the spoiler.

function update_screenspace_diplacement_uboats(aspect,is_left,zoom_value)

local w = LockOn_Options.screen.width;

local h = LockOn_Options.screen.height;

local kbmainui = false

local opval = get_option_value("miscellaneous")

if opval.Kneeboard_Display > 1 then

kbmainui = true

end

if LockOn_Options.screen.oculus_rift or kbmainui then

local ui_x,ui_y,ui_w,ui_h = get_UIMainView()

w = ui_w;

h = ui_h;

end

local x0 = 0

local w0 = 0.5 * h

local aspect = aspect or 1

local zoom_value = zoom_value or 0

local default_width = w0 + (64 * zoom_value)

if default_width > h then

default_width = h

end

if default_width > 0.5 * w then

default_width = 0.5 * w

end

local default_height = default_width / aspect

local default_y = h - default_height

local default_x = w - default_width - x0

if is_left then

default_x = x0

end

--force position, width and height for my screen setup

default_x = default_x

default_y = 0

default_width = 800

default_height = 1080

--end force width and height

dedicated_viewport = {default_x,default_y,default_width,default_height}

dedicated_viewport_arcade = {default_x, 0 ,default_width,default_height}

end

EDIT2: That didn't work on line, squished the kneeboard into the top left corner. :(

I've hard coded it into the ViewportHandling.lua.

Edited by klem

klem

56 RAF 'Firebirds'

ASUS ROG Strix Z390-F mobo, i7 8086A @ 5.0 GHz with Corsair H115i watercooling, Gigabyte 2080Ti GAMING OC 11Gb GPU , 32Gb DDR4 RAM, 500Gb and 256Gb SSD SATA III 6Gb/s + 2TB , Pimax 8k Plus VR, TM Warthog Throttle, TM F18 Grip on Virpil WarBRD base, Windows 10 Home 64bit

• 6 months later...
Rise thread!

Is there a way to do this and pass integrity check? I too have a multi-monitor setup and part of my kneeboard just disappears. I can go edit the file and put in the solid values, but then I fail integrity check. :(

I had the same problem unitil a recent update, maybe two weeks ago. I run four viewports (left, center, right, bottom) on a windows arrangement of 4 wide 1 high, all 1920x1080 and in-game resolution 7620 x 1080.

After that recent patch it moved my kneeboard to the bottom right of the bottom screen (or perhaps the bottom right of the whole 7620 x 1080.

Have a think about your screen arrangements and maybe play with their placements.

klem

56 RAF 'Firebirds'

ASUS ROG Strix Z390-F mobo, i7 8086A @ 5.0 GHz with Corsair H115i watercooling, Gigabyte 2080Ti GAMING OC 11Gb GPU , 32Gb DDR4 RAM, 500Gb and 256Gb SSD SATA III 6Gb/s + 2TB , Pimax 8k Plus VR, TM Warthog Throttle, TM F18 Grip on Virpil WarBRD base, Windows 10 Home 64bit

found an easy way to fix

edit:

C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Scripts\Aircrafts\_Common\Cockpit\ViewportHandling.lua

org:

line 33:

update:

dedicated_viewport = {0,0,562,750}

will put kneeboard in top left..

if you want to find a good spot for it just take a screen shot and edit in photoshop.

Cut off your extra screens with the crop tool

copy the kneeboard and paste back in doc.. move to where you want it to be on screen.

Then use info tool so see where the top left corner is then copy down the x/y info.

enter that back in the first two numbers of the dedicated_viewport = {0,0,562,750}

for me my main screen is 3440x1440 so I want it not directly in the corner.

so I have mine as:

dedicated_viewport = {2800,630,562,750}

found an easy way to fix

edit:

C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Scripts\Aircrafts\_Common\Cockpit\ViewportHandling.lua

org:

line 33:

update:

dedicated_viewport = {0,0,562,750}

will put kneeboard in top left..

if you want to find a good spot for it just take a screen shot and edit in photoshop.

Cut off your extra screens with the crop tool

copy the kneeboard and paste back in doc.. move to where you want it to be on screen.

Then use info tool so see where the top left corner is then copy down the x/y info.

enter that back in the first two numbers of the dedicated_viewport = {0,0,562,750}

for me my main screen is 3440x1440 so I want it not directly in the corner.

so I have mine as:

dedicated_viewport = {2800,630,562,750}

You may find you will fail integrity check in MP, i.e. the shield at the top will be red not green.

klem

56 RAF 'Firebirds'

• 2 years later...

It still seems to work as of today for the A=29B mod. 

Thanks

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

• 1 month later...

Shamelessly plugging in : I've made a mod that automatically resizes and position the kneeboard to fill the right half of your main screen, even if you've got multiple displays, and in VR.

It's here.

Zip - VEAF :pilotfly:

If you want to learn, talk and fly with french-speaking friends, the Virtual European Air Force is here for you ! Meet us on our Discord and our forum

If you're a mission creator, you may want to check the VEAF Mission Creation Tools (and its GitHub repository) a set of open-source scripts and tools that make creating a dynamic mission a breeze !