Slmod for DCS 1.5/2.0

Merged the ping checker and the auto admin delay features into the develop branch.

Note that the config file has changed so it will move your old config settings into something like configOLD.lua. You can just copy and paste your server specific settings as desired into the new file.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

• 2 weeks later...

On our server _____ you can watch web-based statistics of your performance based on SLMOD! For all the time you spend on this server you can get an analysis of your kill/death ratios and many other information.

For futher details you can visit our forum on

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=157722

http://mb2.cz/domains/MB2/index.php/dcs-home/202-dcs-world-server-statistiky

[sIGPIC]www.mb2.cz[/sIGPIC] Come play with us

I at first was worried about the blank name users, but SLmod does deal with them ok. One thing to check out is why the name is blank. I have seen them blank from the server perspective, but when cross referenced by a client machine, there is actually a name there that is usually "Player". But, not all clients with the name "Player" show up as blank names. Dealing with them by there ID has been working in my experience on the VA.

Due to this reason?

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2698616&postcount=2

FC

[TABLE][sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]|

[/TABLE]

Your issue is regarding mission scripting whereas Slmod runs on the server side. It also calls the Unit:getPlayerName() function but does it using a different approach, calling it inside of the mission on the server, which should usually work. I think they're unrelated - DCS has an issue in general with players who didn't change their name.

Edited by codefox

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ok so I think I got the -reg command working for registering admins. It turns out slmod sent messages in a rather strange way. Basically there is a command that allows you to specify a sender and receiver of the message and all messages sent from slmod were setup to be sent to and from the player. I simply changed it so that the host sends the message now. It was literally changing an i to a 1.

I hope this doesn't have a knock on effect. I did some tests and it didn't seem like it, but I only was able to test it with just myself and the server connected. If anything breaks please let me know. The fix is live on develop branch.

Hi Grimes,

I do apologise if this has been asked before, but is there any chance we can get a 'light admin', function in SLMod?

So for example, the light admin is only able to kick to spectators and change/restart mission.

Thanks!

"What's that goat doing up here in the clouds?"

Added it to the "issues" page of github. It is doable it just a question of how to go about it, which commands should be limited, and how many people might want such a feature.

Added it to the "issues" page of github. It is doable it just a question of how to go about it, which commands should be limited, and how many people might want such a feature.

Grimes,

It's probably been requested before and I'm not aware of it being an option in SLMOD yet but is it a possibility to have a mission change vote functionality? It's been an idea/wish thrown around in the past would would definitely be a good feature that we would use.

Thanks for all the hard work.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

[Dogs of War] WWII COMBAT SERVER | P-51D - FW190-D9 - Me109-K4

Visit Our Website & Forum to Get More Info & Team Speak Access

• 1 month later...

Would it be something that could be put into a config file and allow servers to choose which commands to give subadmins/moderators?

• 2 weeks later...

Seems that when i get some info in the EVENT_SHOT event, target, weapon and type, that SLMod gets confused and even worse some missiles seem to disappear. Is this a known issue?

-

If man were meant to fly he'd be filled with helium.

Seems that when i get some info in the EVENT_SHOT event, target, weapon and type, that SLMod gets confused and even worse some missiles seem to disappear. Is this a known issue?

Going to need more information. What exactly are you doing? What do you mean slmod gets confused?

Running a slightly modified ARM defense script by mbot which gets some info in the shot event like:

local wep = event.weapon --Get the weapon of the launch event

local tgt = wep:getTarget() --Get the target of the weapon

local desc = wep:getDesc()

local tgt_cat=tgt:getCategory()

I'm getting similar info from the hit event as well.

These are some errors i get from SLMod:

34432.750 INFO LuaNET: SLMOD ERROR: error in stats, could not match target unit in hit event with a mission editor unit name. Could it be a map object? Event Index: 9064

34432.750 INFO LuaNET: SLMOD ERROR: SlmodStats error- either tgtSide or initSide does not exist for hit event!

34433.814 INFO LuaNET: SLMOD ERROR: error in stats, could not match target unit in hit event with a mission editor unit name. Could it be a map object? Event Index: 9065

34433.814 INFO LuaNET: SLMOD ERROR: SlmodStats error- either tgtSide or initSide does not exist for hit event!

34739.146 INFO LuaNET: SLMOD ERROR: error in stats, could not match target unit in hit event with a mission editor unit name. Could it be a map object? Event Index: 9218

34739.146 INFO LuaNET: SLMOD ERROR: SlmodStats error- either tgtSide or initSide does not exist for hit event!

-

I think those messages appear whenever a world object or really any object that is coalition-less gets hit. Those messages have pretty much always been displayed since I took over the project. I'm not sure what their original intention was. Perhaps Speed meant to add that info into the stats in some particular way. I'll have a look whenever I get back to updating slmod. Still waiting on the 1.5/2.0 merge to finish things up. I don't like having to worry about two different states of the net API being available.

Good idea to wait for the 2.5 merge. Apart from the players aircraft i am using mostly dynamicly spawned units so that makes some sense. The weirdest is/was that missiles would disappear in 4-5 seconds, there's nothing in the script with that interval that would destroy them and SLMod is the only other script running. Will investigate some more.

-

If you enable events in the slmod config you can match up the event ids to see which event is doing it. If I remember correctly there should be some object type names to give you an indication. Also slmod doesn't use destroy commands or anything like that, so I don't know what'd be causing the weapons to disappear. Are they disappearing as in you observe them vanish while spectating the object or could they be self destructing?

There were some players reporting it, didn't see it myself. I did notice the SLMod 'errors' were logged at that point matching the amount of missiles disappearing. I commented out a part of that script and now they no longer disappear, i'd have to check what's going on.. maybe it's DCS itself causing issues.

-

• 2 weeks later...

In the Slmod Chat Logs, all of the lines end in 'to all'. The example below is a text sent to Allies, not to All --

id = 3} said "can you see my chat or is it just going to my red side?" to all

WC

Visit the Hollo Pointe DCS World server -- an open server with a variety of COOP & H2H missions including Combined Arms. All released missions are available for free download, modification and public hosting, from my Wrecking Crew Projects site.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

On Commit : https://github.com/mrSkortch/DCS-SLmod/commit/528f5e0b8f05131609ab120f968d1b57a2990de8

-req does not work, The message for entering your password never gets triggered. I cannot enter the admin options at all.

Maybe if I got someones copy of the ServerAdmin.lua config file with a sample user in it, I can trick this out to get around this issue.

Version of DCS: 1.5.4.55169

Developer of DDCS MP Engine, dynamicdcs.com

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=208608

Hi Drexx

Search for your UID in the Chat or Stats Log and enter the following

Admins =

{

["d5c19e6902fdb3de3aff2a1caf22cef"] = "its me mario",

} -- end of Admins

in ServerAdmins.lua in ../Saved Games/DCS/Slmod

That String inbetween [...] is the UID. After that (re)start Server and type "-admin" in chat or read the last MOTD row there it says : You're logged in as Admin

mfg ente

I am aware how that function worked before 1.5

IIRC it's not that u specify a user, it is about the user registers himself as an admin via chat

-reg password_specified_in_slmodoptions_lua

again ... this has to be typed in by the lucky user, not another admin.

but i never used it in 1.5 or 2.0, just nice to know it seems broken.

• 2 weeks later...