Static Airliners McCarran

crazyeddie

Waited a while for things to settle down before I downloaded DCS2. Just spent my first two days looking around the new Nevada map, very impressed with the overall feel to it, the city blocks do not look too 'blocky', the terrain looks great, the airfields look fantastic and it really is a major achievement in my humble opinion.

A few niggles still to sort out but I expected that, nothing serious.

Is there an intention to change some of the static airliners skins at McCarran, with possibly a bit more variation in types as as well, currently they appear to be all one type with just one skin.

Not a deal breaker if there isn't, but it would look better.

Well done DCS, this ancient Jedi is really impressed.

Different airliners and companies would be a nice addition but it's most probably very far from the top of the list if it's even considered as a future development.

At least, it should be easy to replace the default livery. Southwest airlines would be more realistic and pleasantly colorful.

The textures are here:

\DCS World 2 OpenAlpha\Mods\terrains\Nevada\Models\Aircrafts

/// ВКБ: GF Pro MkII+MCG Pro/GF MkII+SCG L/Black Mamba MkIII/Gladiator/T-Rudder MkII | X-55 Rhino throttle/Saitek Throttle Quadrant | OpenTrack+UTC /// ZULU +4 ///

/// "THE T3ASE": i9 9900K | 64 GB DDR4 | RTX 2080ti OC | 2 TB NVMe SSDs, 1 TB SATA SSD, 12 TB HDDs | Gigabyte DESIGNARE mobo ///

it would be great if they really make taxi and take off and landings around.

they can be spawn at the edge of the map as if they are arriving from somewhere and make their landings, or the can take off then disappear from the edge of the map

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

This is very much a side project but when I have time I'll keep knocking it out. I started this last night so hopefully I can get these done in a short time. Again, these are secondary modeling projects and will be static.

A-319/320

-Frontier's Grizwald the Bear and I'll also do Virginia the Wolf

-United

Possibly a Jetblue and USAirways

737-800

-Southwest

-United

406279508_ScreenShot2015-12-17at1_26_45PM.thumb.png.0256c6b0c1a2becd93cc51486d958ae9.png

I don't know the file structure of static objects on NTTR map, but the question is - can these airliners be repainted with different liveries anyway? I mean, is there a single texture template for all of them (like for some standard buildings), or are there separate ones?

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

it would be great if they really make taxi and take off and landings around.

they can be spawn at the edge of the map as if they are arriving from somewhere and make their landings, or the can take off then disappear from the edge of the map

That would be added realism if we had such shared airspace considerations for NTTR. +1! :thumbup:

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

That would be added realism if we had such shared airspace considerations for NTTR. +1! :thumbup:

This is something I would greatly appreciate seeing!! Randomly generated AI for McCarran that would taxi takeoff and land. A few 737's 80s, some 319's or 320's and a few 747s would definitely add to the realism. It can even be scripted based on time of day or something but to see such a major airport and class B airspace empty is kind of bizarre!

• Like 1

Core i7 7700K @ 4.5

GTX 1080ti OC 11gb DDR 5

16 GB pc 3200 DDR with XMP

Crucial 500GB SSD

Crucial 1TB SSD

Asus 31.5" @ 1920x1080

Track IR

Thurstmaster pedals

Thurstmaster HOTAS Warthog

• ED Team
Waited a while for things to settle down before I downloaded DCS2. Just spent my first two days looking around the new Nevada map, very impressed with the overall feel to it, the city blocks do not look too 'blocky', the terrain looks great, the airfields look fantastic and it really is a major achievement in my humble opinion.

A few niggles still to sort out but I expected that, nothing serious.

Is there an intention to change some of the static airliners skins at McCarran, with possibly a bit more variation in types as as well, currently they appear to be all one type with just one skin.

Not a deal breaker if there isn't, but it would look better.

Well done DCS, this ancient Jedi is really impressed.

I think they can us variations of skins on buildings, so its possible it could be adapted to other objects, its probably not a high priority, McCarran was a late addition itself I belive, so who knows what might come later.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

• 2 weeks later...

At the moment there appears to be just one skin for all of the airliners, at least I can only find one, and I expect that will not be a high priority to do anything more with.

Hopefully somebody will come up with a skin that looks better than the white one in game, its a bit too bright for my old eye's. I might even have a go at that myself later, if Acoustic does not beat me to it, see his skin above - Nice.

• 4 weeks later...

Just a very quick test.

It's definitely possible to modify the default A300s texture:

6IEQGZG.jpg

I changed the aircrafts.varyhouselod4.1.diffusetexture.tif.dds from Aircrafts.texture.zip located in \Mods\terrains\Nevada\Models\Aircrafts

For some reason the default specular texture is from another company and does not match the default diffuse texture as it should.

Edited by Bourrinopathe

/// ВКБ: GF Pro MkII+MCG Pro/GF MkII+SCG L/Black Mamba MkIII/Gladiator/T-Rudder MkII | X-55 Rhino throttle/Saitek Throttle Quadrant | OpenTrack+UTC /// ZULU +4 ///

/// "THE T3ASE": i9 9900K | 64 GB DDR4 | RTX 2080ti OC | 2 TB NVMe SSDs, 1 TB SATA SSD, 12 TB HDDs | Gigabyte DESIGNARE mobo ///