What have you done that real pilots can't or don't Do?

FlankerMan

Paused, went to the bathroom, and brought something from the fridge coming back.

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

Paused, went to the bathroom, and brought something from the fridge coming back.

Technically, you can do that in something like a C-130. ;)

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Like the title says. Myself, I've just done taxiway takeoff, I think.

:smartass:

In DCS

- Going in for guns on a AAA site.

- Try to depart the aircraft at low altitude.

- Fly like an idiot most of the time.

- Go for 1 v 10 thinking: " I got this"

In RL

- Replace engines

- Replace landing gear components.

- Replace flight control surfaces.

- Replace Hydraulic components.

- Inspected the aircraft while knowing what I am looking at.

- Sitting on the back seat, looking out the canopy with a grin from ear to ear, Saying:"ohh that cool, Ahhh, that neat....what does that do? and that?"

- Sitting on the front seat while the aircraft being towed around, making jet noises and pretending to fly.

Edited by mvsgas

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

Probably all of the things. Especially war crimes in general.

Flying my plane into enemy planes after I used up my ammo? Check

Getting angry about AI and shoot my own people? Check

Turn on autopilot and go take a piss? Check

Pause and look up things in the manual? Check

Exceed the capabilities of the air frame a couple of times, landing for refuel/ammo and going again? Check

Having a leak in the fuel system, but no time for the 180s repair waiting? Continue flying - So check...

And so on lol

1000 flights, 1000 crashes - perfect record

Firing a fox two at the tanker after unsuccessfully trying to connect to the basket ten times.

:megalol: :thumbup:

Modules: Bf 109, C-101, CE-II, F-5, Gazelle, Huey, Ka-50, Mi-8, MiG-15, MiG-19, MiG-21, Albatros, Viggen, Mirage 2000, Hornet, Yak-52, FC3

Died and respawned.

Killed a multitude of friendly AI units without a care in the world.

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

Haha great thread! That's exactly what I have though quite a while back but wasn't enough for me to look around here and then I thought it could be quite a lot stuff we do every day that doesn't happen in reality. But at least the most popular and/or obvious could be documented here for the kicks.

I once did a corkscrew landing from a ridicolous height and managed to land nicely, but it probably isn't anything new.

Edited by Worrazen

Modules: A-10C I/II, F/A-18C, Mig-21Bis, M-2000C, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-47, FC3, SC, CA, WW2AP, CE2. Terrains: NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria

Ignore ATC, load up everything, take of from ramp, use flare above airfield, get into unecessary danger, destroy 1/10th of what I planned to, use afterburner the whole way back at low altitudes over cities, damage gear when landing, drift at the end of the runway ...

You know, all the stuff you would get fired for and into a jail. :D

Do, or do not, there is no try.

--------------------------------------------------------

Sapphire Nitro+ Rx Vega 64, i7 4790K ... etc. etc.

Okay, I've done some thinking, and here's a list of the stuff I've done that real pilots can't/don't do.

Taxiway takeoff, as I mentioned earlier.

External views.

Labels.

Using the F10 map for situational awareness (as well as to see if anybody's fired on me and I don't know it).

Entered other aircraft.

Ended missions before landing.

Exited missions if I get shot, so my logbook won't show an ejection/death.

I might think of others later.

Okay, I've done some thinking, and here's a list of the stuff I've done that real pilots can't/don't do.

Taxiway takeoff, as I mentioned earlier.

I had read at least about one real example that pilots actually practiced a takeoff from taxiways. The goal of the exercise was practicing getting into air as many planes in a shortest time as possible. The drill was that one flight would start from one end of the runway, second flight from the opposite and while the first from the taxi way. That was MiG-21 pilots in Warsaw Pact.

On the topic - a loop in Mi-8. I'm sure noone with a common sense would do that in a real life.

Edited by firmek

F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all

Land a jet on the runway with wheels up, turn round, take off, lower the wheels, turn round and land back on the runway, without anybody noticing.

I7 2600K @ 3.8, CoolerMaster 212X, EVGA GTX 1070 8gb. RAM 16gb Corsair, 1kw PSU. 2 x WD SSD. 1 x Samsung M2 NVMe. 3 x HDD. Saitek X-52. Saitek Pro Flight pedals. CH Flight Sim yoke. TrackIR 5. Win 10 Pro. IIyama 1080p. MSAA x 2, SSAA x 1.5. Settings High. Harrier/Spitfire/Beaufighter/The Channel, fanboy..

Died, on numerous occasions, and watched my plane hit the deck in a ball of flames, then simply got into another plane and did it all again.

Flown in my shreddies.

Watched myself from outside the aircraft.

Flew unlicenced, unqualified, and ignored all air traffic calls.

Carried out suicidally rash manoeuvres just for the hell of it.

Got into loads of aircraft and flown them (after a fashion) having never even picked up the pilot's notes.

Pulled high G manoeuvres without feeling any more than +1 G.

Travelled almost instantly from Georgia to Nevada to Normandy to the Persian Gulf without the aid of a Teleporter.

All pretty damned obvious though, so why the silly question?