nVidia 418.81 huge performance drop

No didn't notice that although only using Rift here usage seems to go from 50 to mid 80s' % NTTR on my test mission.

I don't know if it's placebo but Rift image seems better but I've just done a fresh OS and DCS install.

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

either try a clean install or preferably try DDU then install the latest drivers. I had issues going from 417.35 to 417.71.

Spoiler

Win 11 Pro, z790 i9 13900k, RTX 4090 , 64GB DDR 6400GB, OS and DCS are on separate pci-e 4.0 drives 

Sim hardware - VKB MCG Ultimate with 200mm extension, Virpil T-50CM3 Dual throttles.   Blackhog B-explorer (A), TM Cougar MFD's (two), MFG Crosswinds with dampener.   Obutto R3volution gaming pit.  

I've been using .81 for a bit, and have seen no issues. (with VR/Rift).

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

In a perfect world, both your GPU and CPU would be at 100% utilisation. ''Percentage'' is irrelevant, if anything it indicates 20% less of your GPU is being wasted.

Did your framerate go up/down? If not, then what's the issue?

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

In a perfect world, both your GPU and CPU would be at 100% utilisation. ''Percentage'' is irrelevant, if anything it indicates 20% less of your GPU is being wasted.

Did your framerate go up/down? If not, then what's the issue?

When the usage hits 100% the frame rate drops under 60 (synced) which is bad.

I run my setup with lots of spare overhead so this doesn't happen, but these latest drivers have just robbed a chunk of it. My GPU is now working 20% harder for zero benefit.

nVidia 418.81 huge performance drop

In a perfect world, both your GPU and CPU would be at 100% utilisation.

only if you exist in a perfectly static and unchanging world.

if you are at 100% all the time, you will have no headroom or extra capacity to tap into when needed.

e.g. if your car is at 100% on a flat road, how are you going to make it up the next hill?

Edited by etherbattx

When the usage hits 100% the frame rate drops under 60 (synced) which is bad.

I run my setup with lots of spare overhead so this doesn't happen, but these latest drivers have just robbed a chunk of it. My GPU is now working 20% harder for zero benefit.

again.. find DDU from guru3d and run it in safe mode. It eradicates anything nvidia from your OS and windows registry. . Reinstall latest drivers. Express install from 417.35 has likely caused issues. There are threads of people experiencing the same in other games. 418.91 was released today as well.

Also ensure "Prefer maximum performance" in the power management settings of nvcontrol panel for dcs.exe.

Edited by Headwarp
Spoiler

Win 11 Pro, z790 i9 13900k, RTX 4090 , 64GB DDR 6400GB, OS and DCS are on separate pci-e 4.0 drives 

Sim hardware - VKB MCG Ultimate with 200mm extension, Virpil T-50CM3 Dual throttles.   Blackhog B-explorer (A), TM Cougar MFD's (two), MFG Crosswinds with dampener.   Obutto R3volution gaming pit.  

again.. find DDU from guru3d and run it in safe mode. It eradicates anything nvidia from your OS and windows registry. . Reinstall latest drivers. Express install from 417.35 has likely caused issues. There are threads of people experiencing the same in other games. 418.91 was released today as well.

Also ensure "Prefer maximum performance" in the power management settings of nvcontrol panel for dcs.exe.

I've DDU'd it twice now - same thing.

I'll give .91 a try, though - thanks for the heads-up.

e: and .91 is pants, too. Ah well, no biggie. 417.71 seems to be the breaking point - I'll stick with these for a while.

Edited by Lixma 06

I too noticed a drop in performance for this driver using Oculus Rift.

Even cleaned with DDU beforehand and set to "prefer maximum performance".

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat