Wish: Airfield Pilot controlled lighting - ED Forums

Notices

Old 02-04-2018, 12:38 AM   #1
USMC_Trev+
Posting Rights Suspended

Default Wish: Airfield Pilot controlled lighting

IRL at uncontrolled airfields that have lights, when you key CTAF five times the runway lights turn on.

Until the ATC system gets revamped, this would be good to have, especially in multiplayer where pilots aren't using ATC at all, but coming and going from the left side of the runway in either direction (which, as an IRL pilot drives me nuts, but a topic for a different section).

i7 4770K OC'ed to 4.3, GTX 1070 Seahawk (OC'ed), Oculus Rift CV1, 32Gb RAM, 64-bit Windows 10
USMC_Trev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 02:07 AM   #2
aileron

You brought a smile to my face.

+1
aileron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 09:51 AM   #3
Lunatic98

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMC_Trev View Post
IRL at uncontrolled airfields that have lights, when you key CTAF five times the runway lights turn on.

Until the ATC system gets revamped, this would be good to have, especially in multiplayer where pilots aren't using ATC at all, but coming and going from the left side of the runway in either direction (which, as an IRL pilot drives me nuts, but a topic for a different section).
+1 Brilliant idea

Could you be any more correct?

Fully agree that this would be a good interim solution until ATC gets revamped/becomes a playable position for those who want to.

Rest in RIP Saitek X52 Pro, you will be missed

Modules I own: AJS-37, F-14A/B, F-5E, MiG-21Bis, MiG-15Bis, Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, A-10C, UH-1H, FC3, Hawk, C-101, P-51D
Lunatic98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 11:18 PM   #4
discwalker

+1 You was the fastest.
In 2.5 there are low visibility cases when airports not turn on the runway lights.
discwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 04:39 PM   #5
Cake

With the upcoming communications changes, maybe this can get some attention?

PCL, with the ability to issue 3, 5, or 7 clicks for the various lighting configurations where available.

Also, for airports with operating control towers, the ability to request different levels of runway lighting and request the approach lights be turned on if not already operating...
Old 02-13-2019, 12:49 PM   #6
Doum76

Great idea. But i would say that the best option ever would simply alow a way to trigger or an option in ME to let lights turn on or off in the Advanced Waypoint option or anywhere that would fix it all. Specialy in VR, even in daylight runway lights does helps a lot to compensates the lack of resolution.
Doum76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 12:11 AM   #7
Jarlerus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doum76 View Post
Great idea. But i would say that the best option ever would simply alow a way to trigger or an option in ME to let lights turn on or off in the Advanced Waypoint option or anywhere that would fix it all. Specialy in VR, even in daylight runway lights does helps a lot to compensates the lack of resolution.
+1 for the ability to control airfield lighting with triggers!
Jarlerus is offline   Reply With Quote