Does the VHF FM work in 2.0?

nigelmcelwee

I set my freq to 40.5 ( I assigned my infantry a command to transmit on FM 40.5) and Selected "home" on the dial but my CDI doesnt move at all. Is there an issue with this or am I doing something wrong? Is there an additional action other than asking the infantry to transmit?

Core i7 7700K @ 4.5

GTX 1080ti OC 11gb DDR 5

16 GB pc 3200 DDR with XMP

Crucial 500GB SSD

Crucial 1TB SSD

Asus 31.5" @ 1920x1080

Track IR

Thurstmaster pedals

Thurstmaster HOTAS Warthog

I noticed I had forgotten how to do this in 1.5 and here's what you have to do.

On your unit, under Advanced (Waypoint Actions) you need two tasks: Set frequency and transmit message. Transmit message needs to be a .wav or .ogg file set to loop.

The Triggered Actions tab won't work with this, for some reason.

I noticed I had forgotten how to do this in 1.5 and here's what you have to do.

On your unit, under Advanced (Waypoint Actions) you need two tasks: Set frequency and transmit message. Transmit message needs to be a .wav or .ogg file set to loop.

The Triggered Actions tab won't work with this, for some reason.

So I need to record a wav file for them to transmit to get this to work?

Core i7 7700K @ 4.5

GTX 1080ti OC 11gb DDR 5

Crucial 500GB SSD

Crucial 1TB SSD

Asus 31.5" @ 1920x1080

Track IR

Thurstmaster pedals

An .ogg file works too. The root directory will give you some .ogg files. It matters not what is being broadcast you don't need to listen but a morse code would be realistic. Also make sure its on a loop:)

In fact I posted a mission recently......................http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2584424&postcount=51

It has 3 vehicles all broadcasting on 3 different FM frequencies. Should be fairly straightforward to copy the freqs etc into new mission or revamp this one to suit.

You can also open mission with 7zip or similar and rip the .ogg files from there:)

Edited by Cibit

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

An .ogg file works too. The root directory will give you some .ogg files. It matters not what is being broadcast you don't need to listen but a morse code would be realistic. Also make sure its on a loop:)

In fact I posted a mission recently......................http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2584424&postcount=51

It has 3 vehicles all broadcasting on 3 different FM frequencies. Should be fairly straightforward to copy the freqs etc into new mission or revamp this one to suit.

You can also open mission with 7zip or similar and rip the .ogg files from there:)

cool thanks! I will download that and take a look at it!

Core i7 7700K @ 4.5

GTX 1080ti OC 11gb DDR 5

Crucial 500GB SSD

Crucial 1TB SSD

Asus 31.5" @ 1920x1080

Track IR

Thurstmaster pedals

Well, I got it to work finally!! Thanks for your help on this!!! One thing though, where do you find the morse code .ogg files in the DCS folder? I tried both locations the saved games location and the eagle dynamics location...I found the sounds folder but couldnt find any for the morse code beeps So i just used a generic JTAC sound file I found in the folder.

Core i7 7700K @ 4.5

GTX 1080ti OC 11gb DDR 5

Crucial 500GB SSD

Crucial 1TB SSD

Asus 31.5" @ 1920x1080

Track IR

Thurstmaster pedals