New DCS Theater Maps Wish Wish List

Kaktus29

New DCS Theater Maps Wish Wish List  

1618 members have voted

1. 1. New DCS Theater Maps Wish Wish List

You're right Eddie. that's what i've said.

No need for a new map really.

Just an expasion of the current one.

One cool thing, could be the whole map we have right now (IE : The Black Sea region : Ukraine, Romania, the semi-island etc...)

TASK / ROLES acronyms guide

Black Shark A.I. datalink guide illustrated (v1.2.4 Available on Wiki)

DCS World Codex 1.1 : full units list (Speed/Weapons/Armor thickness/Threat zone/Weapon damage...) (Oct 2013)

BlackShark 2 1.2.x Bug and glitches thread (v1.2.7)

• Replies 719
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I find it odd that everyone is asking for theaters that are the same size, or smaller, than what we have now. The current theater is far too small as it is.

I don't really care what comes after Nevada, it just needs to be much bigger. Especially with fast jets on the way.

Then, we need to expand the map to the south east including the Iran until the Pakistan! :lol:

I really find the Afghanistan interesting because there's a good diversity, desert and mountains in the south, green zones in the middle, vegetation and mountains at the north east, and it's a real conflict, well it will be surely past when the developpement would have finished anyway.

An expansion to Armenia, Nothern Iran, Eastern Turkey would be great and would give you your giant map! Definitely the way to go IMHO. Since I only fly the A10 right now, I've to say that a 3x bigger map would scare me...:D

Strike Posture Set CAS Center of Excellence

Intel Core i5 4690k @4,6Ghz, Gigabyte GTX 970 OC, Gigabyte Z97-X, 16GB G Skill Sniper @2400, Samsung 860/850 EVO , Win 10 64 bits, Dual monitors 27"@144"Opentrack + TM Warthog + Saitek pro flight combat 

An expansion to Armenia, Nothern Iran, Eastern Turkey would be great and would give you your giant map! Definitely the way to go IMHO. Since I only fly the A10 right now, I've to say that a 3x bigger map would scare me...:D

While I'd love to see the Crimea make a return, I have to agree that an East/South Eastern expansion toward the Caspian Sea would probably be more interesting for gameplay.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

Europe would make a good map. Obvious plus is enacting all the Cold War scenarios that never happened, and of course WWII for Mustang and potential future 40's fighters.

who would like to fly in the potential iranian conflict? .. if you are american you can do all the damage by pressing buttons and launching tomahawks, and if you are iranian you have to hope that enemy invades you by infantry so you could get closer enough to kill something ..

on the other hand, Germany vs. France,UK, USA + Russia, China afterwards joining Germany? ..get out of here.. that would be interesting as hell, not to mention very hard to play, with all the sophisticated missiles and weapons aiming to destroy you...

Well to be honest, the situation you describe in Europe can just be brought over to elsewhere, Iran included, as it wasn't exactly set in reality.

For that matter, depending on how big Nevada is there are many possibilities regarding US civil war (including possible alternate histories where the south managed to become a different country), or war with Canada/Mexico for one reason or another (Canada goes communist during great depression? Joins USSR?). You can even possibly go with scenarios where Russia has come down from Alaska, but I always kind of figured a US vs Russia war would be a bit dull on the US side as it's so isolated. There would probably be more Bears and cruise missiles than invasions, but you never know.

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

I find it odd that everyone is asking for theaters that are the same size, or smaller, than what we have now. The current theater is far too small as it is.

I don't really care what comes after Nevada, it just needs to be much bigger. Especially with fast jets on the way.

then you want a map with lots of water and land spread out across it- North Australia / Indonesia / Papua - new guinea.

Australia is in ANZUS (so Blue) Indonesia buys Red Gear & Blue, Papua has resources to fight over....

Cheers.

Nothing would beat complexity and thrill of possible scenarios within European continent. Plenty of water for naval warfare, terrain is varied, urban centers are huge ... I mean what's the fun in dropping JDAMs on goat herder's tent in a hilly desert? Hating goat cheese, perhaps? :D I don't get it, but to each their own!

Why Pacific?

Black Sea link to Mediterranean Sea, linked to Atlantic ocean.

In between you have Arabs, Europeans, Reds and even dolphins.

IE : water, mountains, desert, grass, forest, and even some dumb cruise ship pilot crashing in rocks near Italy. (oh by the way, we have that already in Georgia)

Why would you need Pacific? it's empty !

Still awaiting EDGE. i hope ED will implement some tactical nukes too, because that's what they do there, right ? ;)

DCS World Codex 1.1 : full units list (Speed/Weapons/Armor thickness/Threat zone/Weapon damage...) (Oct 2013)

I mean what's the fun in dropping JDAMs on goat herder's tent in a hilly desert? Hating goat cheese, perhaps? :D I don't get it, but to each their own!

Iran/Afghanistan are far from being hilly deserts. An European theather would be a FPS killer as you describe it.

Strike Posture Set CAS Center of Excellence

Intel Core i5 4690k @4,6Ghz, Gigabyte GTX 970 OC, Gigabyte Z97-X, 16GB G Skill Sniper @2400, Samsung 860/850 EVO , Win 10 64 bits, Dual monitors 27"@144"Opentrack + TM Warthog + Saitek pro flight combat 

Nothing would beat complexity and thrill of possible scenarios within European continent. Plenty of water for naval warfare, terrain is varied, urban centers are huge ... I mean what's the fun in dropping JDAMs on goat herder's tent in a hilly desert? Hating goat cheese, perhaps? :D I don't get it, but to each their own!

Just read Firestrike 7/9, Hellfire or Apache... you will recognize some challenges apart from bombing goat herders into oblivion, especially for all the A-10C pilots and JTACs in DCS :book:

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

• 2 weeks later...

I'm all in favour of a Aegean/Mediteranean theater and I'll tell you why:

I have my flight sim background in FS2004 with my favourite area being the greek islands. I used to have photorealistic scenery and airports. For starters its a beautiful scenery. Secondly its extremly fun navigating from island to island - especially at night. And there are loads of airports, helipads and airfields - both military and civilian!

Greece its also a interesting place from a geopolitical standpoint and it wouldn't be hard to come up with a plausible story involving air warfare - with either modern or WW2 aircraft.

Eventhough realistic and everything, flying over Afghanistan and Iraq would get kind of tedious after a while. At least in my opinion. Flying low along the dramatic south coast of Crete on the other hand... :pilotfly:

Well, the above is just my very subjective opinion!

Cheers!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My computer specs below:

CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K@4.2GHz | CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro H100 | GPU: MSI Nvidia GTX 680 2GB Lightning 2GB VRAM @1.3GHz | RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LP DDR3 1600 | SSD 1: Corsair Force 3 120GB (SATA 6) | SSD 2: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB (SATA 6) | Hybrid disc: Seagate Momentus Hybrid 500/4GB (SATA 3) | Keyboard: QPAD MK-85 | Mouse: QPAD 5K LE | TrackIR 5 + Track Clip Pro | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind | OS: Win7/64

I am actually quite happy with the Georgia map. :D

- supports historical and hypothetical east vs. west conflicts. The region has seen lots of tension irl.

- supports naval combat.

- has big mountain ranges for insurgency hiding places.

- several countries present on map.

- has cities for urban combat.

- has many air bases for plenty of scenario diversity.

- etc. etc. etc.

Actually i think the map available now is one of the best they could have with regards to the options it offers.

I7920/12GBDDR3/ASUS P6T DELUXE V2/MSI GTX 960 GAMING 4G /WIN 10 Ultimate/TM HOTAS WARTHOG

what they need is a middle eastern environment. Some of the greatest jet battles in recent history have occurred in the middle east (eg. 6 day war, gulf war, etc) although not necessarily air to air.

AMD AM4 Ryzen7 3700X 3.6ghz/MSI AM4 ATX MAG X570 Tomahawk DDR4/32GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600mhz/1TB 970 Evo SSD/ASUS RTX2070 8gb Super

Fictional Western US vs Eastern US with Colorado Rockies being the dividing line. Great scenery here folks.

China + Russia invade the US across the Pacific. US coastal defenses are overwhelmed, but the Rockies slow down their march and set the stage for... a new DCS theater.

China + Russia invade the US across the Pacific. US coastal defenses are overwhelmed, but the Rockies slow down their march and set the stage for... a new DCS theater.

Hahaha, I am not American, but, i learn at school some useful things :

- If you piss off Americans, they will make you pay. (happened to Japan and Germany)

- USA is a sanctuary. If a foreign soldier break through frontiers, welcome in WWIII.

- If a WWIII happens, Einstein said a we would fight WWIV with rocks and stones.

Some of .... the greatest jet battles in recent history .... have occurred in the middle east (eg. 6 day war, gulf war, etc) although not necessarily air to air.

Cold War gone hot would be a much better scenario because:

1. much more potential
  2. heaps more FUNNER ...
  3. we get to play the whole world; including the ME
  4. hypothetical's with a historical bent are cool
  5. can be the sequel of a WWII scenario!! :D

"A true 'sandbox flight sim' requires hi-fidelity flyable non-combat utility/support aircraft."

Wishlist Terrains - Bigger maps

Wishlist Modules - A variety of utility aircraft to better reflect the support role. E.g. Flying the Hornet ... big yawn ... flying a Caribou on a beer run to Singapore? Count me in. Extracting a Recon Patrol from a hastily prepared landing strip at a random 6 figure grid reference? Now yer talking!

yeah but atleast, with the middle east, you can recreate battles from the past. I'm sincerely hoping that they release not only a ME map, but a SE Asia map as well ie. Vietnam/Thailand/Laos to go with the Mig 21/A7/Huey/etc.

I like hypothetical scenarios as much as the next guy, but I prefer something more akin to actual historical battles - the Linkbacker campaigns, Rolling Thunder campaigns, etc - that would be awesome to replay ie.

- Mig 17/21 vs

- F4/A7/A4/F105/A6 (hopefully)

You also had close support missions with airborne FACs dropping iron bombs, napalm, etc and you could actually use the upcoming UH-1 Huey in the proper environment doing the same thing.

Just makes sense if you ask me. Sure its a longshot but well worth it I reckon.

AMD AM4 Ryzen7 3700X 3.6ghz/MSI AM4 ATX MAG X570 Tomahawk DDR4/32GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600mhz/1TB 970 Evo SSD/ASUS RTX2070 8gb Super

i agree with the Greece and the Mediterranean sea theatre .. Greece with its difficult economic situation could be put into game perspective that let's say in the future 2015-onwards, Greece goes out of EU, because of that Greece decides to side with East, being close to Orthodox Russia it naturally bonds with them, and China seeing this as opportunity to gain warm water naval base takes Greece under its wing so it helps her financially, ..

All this doesn't sit well with Uncle Sam who plans retaliation for "un-democratic moves by Greece" .. to this, Greece responds it is a sovereign state and can do what it wants and its not breaking any international agreement.. NATO threatens to block Russian access through Bosporus as punishment for building a naval base in Greece.. and we have ourselves a Russia+China+Greece(maybe even Serbia) vs. Turkey,Germany,UK,USA .. you have ground war,air war, naval war.. you name it..

This is for "in to the future theater")... for past theaters yes, Vietnam is good, Egypt vs. Israel maybe, .. but historic theaters are kinda lame cuz we know what happens, we know who has the upper hand so you feel a little bit.. hmm, how should i say.. you know like you know the future so whats the point in fighting)) ..

Every time i look at mission builder i pass, for simple reason, if i create the enemy, know how many SAMs it has, WHERE, how many planes, ships etc.. and waypoints too, ... its hard to pretend i don't know this when i run the mission.. it is not good for playing the game..

Same is with historic campaigns.. playing as US in vietnam.. to do what? we all know US had superior number of planes, bombs, technology so what do you do .. drop bombs from B-52 ..boring.. or playing as vietnam pilot fighting in mig-15,17 against f-4 and in campaign wise being out-numbered, outgunned..its a loosing war, even if you win a battle here and there..

I like the "potential conflicts" theater and more "balanced forces" to make it more challenging.. when i think about Germany vs. France everybody agrees that there would be no easy and clear winner in this one .. same goes for UK vs. France..

Somebody mentioned a potential "US civil war" scenario... yes that is interesting, .. also, the part of China invading is lame, it will never happen -unless US is like 100 years backward in technology ..and even then i don't think so,since china had the chance to "invade" Africa back in the 12th century when europe hardly had navy capable of passing the Mediterranean sea ..and instead when chinese looked at technological backwardness of somalia, ethiopia they returned home instead of colonizing..

in the event of US civil war i think more realistically what would happen is, EU would get involved on the side of the Federalist of USA(the one who fights the States who wish to secede away ) .. Also, EU would fight because of fear of US dismemberment and chaos that follows and endangers thousands of nukes that US has .. it would be like PAkistanX10000 worse.. so to secure the nukes EU would pick the federalistas ..

The secessionist would be overwhelmed and maybe later in the war IF the secessionist gain some control of the western coast China could help the secessionist forces .. This is my view on any possible civil war in US ..

The map would be amazing though, US is very varied and has beautiful landscape, .. from east to coast.. but we are forgetting something.. the map would be too huge. what we see today in georgia map is something like New York State.. imagine trying to do US map.. or god forbid Russia..

Computers must get at least 1000 times faster, better to go through the workload needed to operate a simulation this big..

• 5 weeks later...

New DCS Maps Wish List

I can't stop thinking how awesome it would be to fly the A-10 over Afghanistan.

I know its a lot to ask at this time with all that's been going on in DCS.

I just hope its in ED's plans to eventually make this happen.

Keep up the great work guys, i see a great future for this series!

• Like 1

i5 4590 @ 3.77GHz | GTX 1060 6GB | 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 | 1TB HDD+500GB HDD | Win10 Home X64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]