The Ultimate DCS World JSGME Guide - If you use mods, you need this.

Ebs

no it's just an empty folder structure...Here, it might come in handy!

Is there an updated empty file structure zip file available..or is the one posted on page 1 of the thread still valid? I know for sure the "aircrafts" has been changed to "aircraft", so are there any other file structure changes that need to be updated?

Just starting to get into using JSGME after having Ricardo's HD Ka-50 pit deleted for the dozenth time..

:thumbup:

BeachAV8R

Is there an updated empty file structure zip file available..or is the one posted on page 1 of the thread still valid? I know for sure the "aircrafts" has been changed to "aircraft", so are there any other file structure changes that need to be updated?

I would not trust it, two years is too long.

I just do them by hand as needed. It only takes a minute or two.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I know it's obvious that I can be dense betwixt the ears when it comes to this stuff because I still can't really make head nor tails of it all after reading this entire thread for a second time.

I have tried to use JSGME but I really don't understand the "Folder name same as Zip file/folder name" part.

Plus any time I have removed or disabled a mod/add-on, it gets Deleted off my system. This is a bit troubling because I like to have a backup of everything on a separate drive but JSGME is loaded directly from my backup folder. So when the files are deleted, they are gone and I must re-download them.

That said, I would really like to understand exactly what I need to do and/or exactly what the file structure should look like if/when I do it Manually (which would suffice for me).

I don't mind doing it manually because that means I can copy files from my backup folder and paste the working copy in the necessary folder.

SnowTiger:joystick:

guys, have you ever tried to install two or more JSGME for two or more DCSW ?

or manage mods in multiple DCSW folders/sims with only one installed JSGME ?

possible ?

thanks

I have 3 different JSGME installs, DCS World, DCS World OpenBeta, and BMS. Each is in there own directory and have their own mods in the _Mods folder of the program.

All you need to do is put JSGME in 3 or more different directories and create the shortcuts for each pointing to the correct Start in: directory for the sim it works with.

Win 10 64 Pro, MSI Z390 I7-9700K @5ghz Kraken Z63, 32Gb Corsair Dominator, MSI RTX-2070, 1TB NVME 2TB SSD's, TM Warthog, Pro Rudders, OpenTrack w/ IR Clip

Just starting to get into using JSGME after having Ricardo's HD Ka-50 pit deleted for the dozenth time..

:thumbup:

BeachAV8R

I have just downloaded Ricardos HD KA 50 Pit, I created a new folder in the directory with my other mods. This Mod has 3 individual files, I extracted them to the new file I created, it shows up in the Generic Mod Enabler interface, I moved it to the right side and it did not work? The latest version is supposed to be compatible with the latest ver of DCS, and Im sure it is,, but what am I doing wrong by extracting all those files to the same place?

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

I have just downloaded Ricardos HD KA 50 Pit, I created a new folder in the directory with my other mods. This Mod has 3 individual files, I extracted them to the new file I created, it shows up in the Generic Mod Enabler interface, I moved it to the right side and it did not work? The latest version is supposed to be compatible with the latest ver of DCS, and Im sure it is,, but what am I doing wrong by extracting all those files to the same place?

Create the new directory that is the mods name in the JSGME folder that stores your mods.

Then extract the Mods folder from the zip file you downloaded in the mods folder you just created, confusing sounding as it is.

So, if you are using _mods as the directory to store all your mods for JSGME, it would look something like below. I used Ricardos_KA50_pit as the folder to put the mod in.

somedrive\_Mods\Ricardos_KA50_Pit

Then extract the Mods folder from the zip, and all the subfolders below it to the above directory, should look like this below.

somedrive\_Mods\Ricardos_KA50_Pit\Mods

The full directories will look something like:

somedrive\_Mods\Ricardos_KA50_Pit\Mods\aircraft\Ka-50\Cockpit\Resources\Model\Textures\Cockpit-Ka-50 Textures.zip

And:

somedrive\_Mods\Ricardos_KA50_Pit\Mods\aircraft\Ka-50\Liveries\Cockpit_Ka-50\english\description.lua

The others files in the zip are not needed for the mod to work.

Hope this helps!

Edit: If TLDR, the zip has the DCS World directory that is causing the problem with JSGME, just go in one more subdirectory.

Edited by txmtb

Win 10 64 Pro, MSI Z390 I7-9700K @5ghz Kraken Z63, 32Gb Corsair Dominator, MSI RTX-2070, 1TB NVME 2TB SSD's, TM Warthog, Pro Rudders, OpenTrack w/ IR Clip

Thank you,,, that worked. So here I am downloading a mod, I open it to see there are 3 separate files, I read the readme file as to how to install it without using JSGME, but how would I have known otherwise to just pluck the MODS file out of the DCS World file only? I been at this all night trying to figure out what I was doing wrong,,,

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

JSGME uses x:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\ as it's base directory if set up like the thread shows.

So when you look in a zip, look for the first directory that is under DCS World and copy those to the mod folder you created. (You may have to search the DCS World directory to find the match.)

Some mods of course do not come zipped in a JSGME compatible format.

If that's the case, find out where the file it replaces is at in the DCS World directory. Then create the directories manually under _mods so that it matches.

If theres a terrain file to replace LandTextures.zip, find that file in DCS World, x:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Bazar\Terrain\vfstextures\LandTextures.zip.

Create a directory to name the mod in _mods, then create each directory below DCS World that you find. So create \Bazar\Terrain\vfstextures under the mod name folder in _mods, and place LandTextures.zip in the \Bazar\Terrain\vfstextures directory under the mod name directory.

:beer:

Edited by txmtb

Thanks for the specifics, greatly appreciated!

Have \Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\ as base dir and _mods folder created. But for some reason cannot get JSGME to to see the _MOD folder after I start/ run JSME after I make the changes to the start in line on the short cut.

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, AJS-37 Viggen , AV-8B Night Attack V/STOL , F-5E Tiger , L-39 Albatros.

Have \Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\ as base dir and _mods folder created. But for some reason cannot get JSGME to to see the _MOD folder after I start/ run JSME after I make the changes to the start in line on the short cut.

Where did you create _mods at? Should be in \Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS also.

• 2 weeks later...
Just wanted to thank the OP for this great post.

Really clear instructions and explanations!

Thank you. I'm really looking forward to enhancing my DCS World experience!

You're welcome ;)

All the best!

I'm waiting for DCS World 2.0 to drop before I come back. (Having way too much fun with the 737NGX in FSX at the moment, really putting that IFR stuff through it's paces.)

Just upgraded to a GTX970 in anticipation of EDGE. Really looking forward to that!

Hey...

I tried, but couldn't do it, asked it a few pages before, but no reply.

Then tried again, but no luck one more time, and asking again. :)

Is there any possibility to store my mods in an other drive? Because I use SSD and don't want to allocate C drive's space.

Thank you. :)

i7-2600 @3.4GHz | Corsair 16GB @1600MHz. | MSI GTX1660Ti Gaming X | Samsung 256GB SSD (Win10HPx64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

Hey...

I tried, but couldn't do it, asked it a few pages before, but no reply.

Then tried again, but no luck one more time, and asking again. :)

Is there any possibility to store my mods in an other drive? Because I use SSD and don't want to allocate C drive's space.

Thank you. :)

I keep mine on a separate drive, best way I figured out to do it is using a symbolic link.

Basically, I have my _mods directory on my D: drive, D:\DCS World\_mods, then I created the symbolic link from that to C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\_Mods. So it looks like the mods are stored in C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\_Mods, but are actually stored in D:\DCS World\_mods.

Symbolic links explained, there's a shell extension tool you can use, or command line examples.

Complete-guide-to-symbolic-links-symlinks-on-windows-or-linux

• Like 1

Thanks so much Txmtb. Ok, this trick will work of course, but I wonder that whether JSGM software has a feature like this, or not?

i7-2600 @3.4GHz | Corsair 16GB @1600MHz. | MSI GTX1660Ti Gaming X | Samsung 256GB SSD (Win10HPx64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

I wanted to mention my experience with JSGME in case anyone runs into the same problem I had getting mods running in DCS World. It took me a few days to figure out what I was doing wrong. I'd installed DCS World awhile back and tried learning the Black Shark (not very successfully) and gave up on it but last month decided to give it a second try. I'm so glad I did, I'm a much better helo pilot this time around after reading up on it and putting in some practice.

I'd read this guide repeatedly as well as anything else I could find on JSGME, examined my folder structures countless times, renamed the mods "aircrafts" folder to "aircraft" wherever necessary, tested JSGME to make sure it was working and it seemed to be because the files were being changed/overwritten with the modded folders and files from JSGME. After all my checking and re-checking, none of my mods would show up in Black Shark 2 when I ran it and I had no idea why.

I finally realized that the problem was I had 2 installs of DCS World on my computer. JSGME was pointed at my

"C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World "

folder but for some reason my DCS World desktop shortcut was linked to a previous install of DCS World under

"C:\Games\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World"

Even though JSGME was working perfectly by modding all the files and folders it was supposed to, my DCS World desktop shortcut was opening the wrong version of DCS World, an older install that JSGME wasn't linked to. Basically, I was modding one DCS World install with JSGME but playing another.

I changed my DCS World desktop shortcut to the proper DCS World folder (the one JSGME was pointed to and was modding) and everything worked perfectly after that.

If you've gone through all the troubleshooting tips and still can't get your mods working, check where the DCS World shortcut you start the game with is pointed to. When I got back into it last month, I did a reinstall of DCS, not realizing there was still the previous install my shortcut was linked to.

Edit: Oh yeah, and a huge thank you to Ebs for creating this thread and to all the modders out there who put the time in to create this stuff for us. These mods (terrain, cockpit, wingman AI, rudder mod, skins, shkval and HUD mods, etc) add so much to the sim. Your hard work is definitely appreciated.

Edited by Jonesie

I have done exactly as you have illustrated, put all the MODS into c:/programs/eagledynamics/dcsworld/_Mods, and i can see all the Mod folders in that folder, however I have various lua files and zip folders all sitting under Theatres of war in the DCSWORLD Folder, is this ok ?

I downloaded this JSGME Thursday Christmas day exactly as Message #1 says how to do it. The program works great. Prior to this nice utility I added mods manually. The only thing I did is rename the "aircrafts" folder with older mods to "aircraft" when adding a file to the _MODS subfolder.

I just added 5 different mods to my Ka-50 and they all function fine.

The JSGME is no longer supported by the original designer. The latest version I found using Google, is v2.6.0.157 There is no support online to update an older version of the program.

Edited by DieHard

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hmm, I use it myself,, I did not know it was not supported though,,, somewhere down the line I suppose we will have to find something else,,, thats a bummer!

• 1 month later...

Hello.

I need somebody who can explain me how to do it.

I'm still trying but I haven't installed it so far and I just don't know how to do it. I've read manual many times but still nothing...

At the beginning I downloaded ModMan with patch but it was for DCS World, not FC3.

I'd like to install 3 mods but I would like to know how to install 1 of them especially. I mean F-15E made by Henry Hell, you can downloaded it below:

http://www.****************/files/file/2663-f-15e-strike-eagle/ or write the phrase " DCS F-15E Henry Hell ".

Please explain me step by step how to do it.

How I've done it so far ?

1. I created F-15E folder in _MODS folder in game

2. The author wrote about files' location, so I did it as below:

a) "Paste folder 'STRIKE EAGLE' in \DCS World\Mods\aircrafts\"

So in _MODS folder, I created Mods folder and aircrafts folder in it. I pasted there 'STRIKE EAGLE' folder.

b) "Paste files 'F-15C'and 'F-15E' (LUA) in \DCS World\Scripts\Database\planes " - I created 'Scripts' folder and 'Database' folder in it. I put 'F-15C' and 'F-15E' there. It was in _MODS folder of course.

c) 'Paste files 'F-15C-CPT-STICK-01' and '_ACES2-2048-02' in ..\DCS World\Mods\aircrafts\Flaming Cliffs\Cockpit\Resources\Model\Textures\F-15C-CPT-TEXTURES.zip' - I went there, unziped that file, put there those 2 files and zipped as F-15C-CPT-TEXTURES.zip

d) 'Unzip folder 'PAYLOADS' and Paste files 'F-15C'and 'F-15E' in ..\Users\%LOGIN%\Saved Games\DCS\MissionEditor\UnitPayloads' - I went there too, changed it.

e) 'Paste files 'Rearm' and 'Pylons' in ..\DCS World\Scripts\Aircrafts\_Common'

I don't know if I've done it well but probably not...

Anyway it doesn't work. When I installed it by using ModMan, it wasn't working too.

When I just put all these files to their directories ( I did it manually ), it works - F-15E is flyable but it hasn't got gears so it falls down everytime and the plane is damaged.