Help Thrustmaster Warthog Throttles have died!

I'm distraught!

I bought my Warthog about two years ago and both parts have been perfect since they were first plugged in. Yesterday I unplugged them for the first time so I could clean my PC Case out and when I plugged everything back in the Joystick worked fine but the Throttles aren't recognised.

When I check device manager I can see:

Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)

A request for the USB device descriptor failed.

Does anyone have any clues?

I've tried reinstalling the drivers (only the Joystick is seen) and I tried plugging the throttles into my laptop with the same results. The PC was first installed with Windows 8.1 and then upgraded to Win10 - the USB devices haven't been unplugged since well before then. I don't know if that is relevant but I thought I'd mention it.

I have contacted Thrustmaster but I have only received a "thank you for your email" response so far :(

I can't Fly!!

• 3 weeks later...

My throttle bricked last year, had been running it since getting the Warthog setup new when first released - 2008 I think it was.

I got a new one, hoping it holds out till someone like Virpil or VKB gets theirs out to market.

Certainly work with support and see if they can help you first. Unfortunately this happens to a few of us Warthog owners.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Did you try re-downloading the firmware:

Start > Programs > Thrustmaster > Hotas Warthog > Firmware Update

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Can you still phone them?. When my throttle bricked a couple of years ago I was able to phone them and ordered a new mobo which was about £85.

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

Mine bricked too recently and when i tried to find a fix, i found out that it seems to be relatively common issue with Warthog throttle. It seems that under that steel case is just cheapest chinese crap components money can buy. Not going to buy Thrustmaster products again.