Wheel brakes and issues created by their use.

MurderOne

I am currently uploading a video to the yoo toob. I will add it to this as soon as it finishes and so forth. I am going to describe the issue I am experiencing, which will be demonstrated in the video.

Situation: Cold Start, no weather, wind, etc.

First run: Fire it up, taxi, takeoff, never ever touch wheel brakes. Everything runs beautifully, takes about 60-65% thrust to get going, takeoff run uneventful.

Second run: Fire it up, hit the wheel brakes, aircraft requires 85-90% thrust to maintain movement, takeoff run looks like a drunken monkey.

I have played with the control axis, saturation, axis reversal, etc., to no avail. It appears that once the wheel brakes are touched, they drag fairly hard. I do not know if this is true to life, as I've never flown a real F-5, but it seems unlikely. I am also unsure what kind of video quality I will get, but you should be able to see the gauges when I lean in. As stated, once the video is ready, I will add it.

This is and can be a very aggravating situation, especially in multiplayer where you may need to stop your aircraft due to traffic, as it seems after the brakes are used, all bets are off.

Sorry, no cool signature here.

I'm sure it is. If I have enough runway to avoid wheel brakes, I have no landing problems. If not, even with the brakes released, it's still a fight. So far there's about 12 minutes left on this video upload. It's only 2 takeoffs, the first with zero wheel brake interaction, the 2nd with wheel brakes.

A video doesn't really show anything. At least you could have pressed R_ctrl + enter so we could see your control axis.

A track of the issue would be better and it takes seconds to upload.

Did you check for double bindings in your axis config?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win10 64, Asus Maximus VIII Formula, i5 6600K, Geforce 980 GTX Ti, 32 GB Ram, Samsung EVO SSD.

I'll do it again and see about a track. However, the video does show something. It shows 30% more throttle being required to taxi following use of the wheel brakes, and drunken monkey takeoff behavior. But I digress, I'll try a track.

I re-digress. Whilst making tracks, which I now do not need...I discovered (by using the controls indicator) that after applying my ground brakes, they were indeed remaining engaged by 50%. Reducing a saturation setting caused this, I have remedied the issue.