Bring McCarran to life

funkyfranky

It would be nice for our beloved sandbox to enable users to better simulate (civil) air traffic of the most important airport on the NTTR map in that regard, i.e. McCarran International.

At the moment, there are at most six parking spots available for AI aircraft.

In order to bring this large airport alive, it would be great to have the possibility to let more aircraft depart and arrive.

In particular, this would mean adding more parking spaces for AI aircraft and improving their taxiing behavior.

DCS is a sandbox, which needs to be filled with life by mission designers. The community has done its share to achieve this task by investing hard work and countless hours in the implementation of user mods such as CAM and RAT.

However, the rest is beyond our control.

Therefore, please ED, help us to "make McCarran great again" ;)

Edited by funkyfranky
typos
  • Like 1

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss

+1 I would also welcome this :-)

Edited by Popchar

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X (8x 3.9GHz / 4.5GHz Turbo) | MSI MPG X570 Gaming Pro Carbon | 32GB (2x16GB) G.Skill RipJaws V DDR4 3200MHz | 8GB MSI RTX2080Super GAMING X TRIO | 1000GB SAMSUNG 970-EVO Plus M.2 PCIe 3.0 x4 | SSD 1000GB Crucial MX500 (560MB/s - 510MB/s) | TrackIR 5;

Modules: FC3, A10C, A10C II, Mig21Bis, F-16C Viper, FA-18C, JF-17 Thunder, L-39, CArms, Hawk, Aviojet C101, F-86 Sabre, Mig 15, Razbam M2KC, F-5E Tiger, Viggen, Spitfire, Mustang, Dora, BF-109, AV-8B Harrier, Persian Gulf, FA-18C, F-16 Viper, JF-17 Thunder, F-14B TomCattiCat, SuperCarrier, Nevada, Syria, Mariann-Island, South-Atlantic, Channel-Map, Normandy Map + WWII Assets Pack

+1 ... I hope that ED read this thread :)

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

I may be wrong but didn't ED say they are improving the ATC and Ai within dcs.

Not sure if this will include actual air traffic. We use RAT on our training server and So far it's been a big hit without performance loss so I hope they do add to the core game ;)

Water cooled i9-9900K | Maximus Code XI MB | RTX3090  | 64GB | HP Reverb G2 

Don't forget, this is an alpha release. It hasn't even reached beta yet. There is a huge amount of potential changes that could happen before it reaches full release version.

MS Win7 Pro x64, Intel i7-6700K 4.0Ghz, Corsair RAM 16Gb,EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW GAMING ACX 3.0, w/ Adjustable RGB LED Graphics Card 08G-P4-6286-KR, Creative Labs SB X-FI Titanium Fatal1ty Champ PCIe Sound Card, Corsair Neutron XTI 1TB SSD, TM Warthog Throttle & Stick, TM TPR Pedels, Oculus Rift VR Headset CV1, Klipsch Promedia 4.1 Speakers...

Don't forget, this is an alpha release. It hasn't even reached beta yet. There is a huge amount of potential changes that could happen before it reaches full release version.

Yes, I'm well aware of that. That's why I put it in the wishlist thread. It's a request so that the devs know people do care about it.

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss

I may be wrong but didn't ED say they are improving the ATC and Ai within dcs.

Not sure if this will include actual air traffic. We use RAT on our training server and So far it's been a big hit without performance loss so I hope they do add to the core game ;)

They did - a while ago originally if memory serves me right.

I seem to recall a NTTR pre release video from Wags that had to be redone because the ATC wasnt playing fair?

Its been stated a number of times that the ATC needs work but you will be pushed to find any details of what might come or when I'm sorry to say.

Regards,

Gary

I5 - 1TB SSHD, 256 SSD - Nvidia 1070 - 16gb ram - CV1

I raised this problem way back in the days of LFC2, and again more recently, with no response at all. If you look at Batumi, Beslan etc etc today the taxi way routines are crazy with aircraft running to the end of the runway every time when there is a clear gate exit they could use. As they taxi back up the runway the next aircraft to land piles into them, endex !!

Watching aircraft taxi around in NTTR is comical, its like watching mice in a maze.

• Like 1