EDTracker pro drifts back to center?

I picked up an ED tracker as I was looking for a smaller, portable alternative to Trackir with its webcam and fragile trackclip and the EDtracker seemed like a great option as just a small box mounted to the headset.

The problem I'm facing is that its unusable, if I turn my head in a direction the view will follow, but then slowly drift back to center, completely messing up my view when I return my physical head back to a central position.

I've tried calibrating several times, I've tried moving the tracker away from my headset (I'd read that metal in the headset can interfere with the magnetic sensors) and this drifting still persists.

I should also note that this applies to all games and the EDTRacker software aswell, not just DCS.

Anyone know how to deal with this?

EDIT: After checking the EDtracker support page and about 10 minutes of trial and error, I was able to get a good calibration but it looks like the metal in my headset band is interfering afterall. So not really sure how to proceed from here. perhaps fashioning some kind of spacer, but how much space is needed? an inch? 5 inches?

____

giup viec nha

Edited by robeto

There is an option in edtracker software - AUTOCENTRE. Untick that (turn it off).

Edtracker Pro version doesnt drift. Its working perfectly. And is smoother than TiR5 on mid range systems, also no light dependancy. Pseudo 6DOf is working fine (actual roll for lean out view).

There is an option in edtracker software - AUTOCENTRE. Untick that (turn it off).

Edtracker Pro version doesnt drift. Its working perfectly. And is smoother than TiR5 on mid range systems, also no light dependancy. Pseudo 6DOf is working fine (actual roll for lean out view).

It did drift no matter what settings I tried.

It did drift no matter what settings I tried.

Pro version? Wifi or wired? Im using pro wired version, no probs. Im asking because pro version shouldnt drift. Alos make sure theres no mobile phone near the edtracker unit.

Also here you can find latest firmwares for Wifi and wired versions. Make sure you set the right position odf the unit in edtracker pro software (depending where the unit is placed on head - on which side is the microusb cable attached) and to make a proper calibration.

And, if you use opentrack, download the 2.3.0 version which works well with Edtracker pro. Opentrack v2.2.0 had some issues with drifting.

Edited by Tvrdi

Pro Version, wireless. As I said I tried everything and gave up. Ended up buying the Trackhat Plus Set, which worked flawlessly out of the box.

EDTracker Pro Wireless firmware updates history:

3.1 - original release

3.2 - fix side mount orientation; automatic magnetometer degauss may improve experience for some users

3.3 - fix for mag 180 degree wrapping issue that affected small portion of users

3.4 - reworked mag logic for improved resistence to drift with external interference

3.5 - address temperature compensation yaw drift

You see, that would fix. Just firmare update. Trackhat is ok but imho Edtracker is better. trackhat is another IR tracker but much weaker than TrackIR.

Anyways you soldved your problem.