learing curve

chaser

Ya know the hornet is a delight to fly. You can jump in and start having fun, learn as you go. Clickable cockpit has advantages. Be danged if I remember the key combination for AP baro hold. There's an argument for clicking a button on the panel labeled "a/p" ya know?

Ryzen 5600X (stock), GBX570, 32Gb RAM, AMD 6900XT (reference), G2, WInwing Orion HOTAS, T-flight rudder

What kind of flying do you prefer?

A-10C - mostly ground-pounding with some AA self-defense (but better not to need it in the first place).

F-18C - multi-role (AA strike/AG employment).

If you want something a bit simpler, try the F-5E. Complex enough (deploying dumb-bombs accurately is a hard skill, but if you master it well in the F-5E, you will nail it in everything else), but simple at the same time.

I'd suggest going with the F-5E. IRL, it is a training aircraft as well as front-line fighter.

If you like the F-5E and can fly it well, then you can progress to something more complex.

Don't get overwhelmed, and be ready to get frustrated. There is always a period of "I can't fly this :helpsmilie::helpsmilie::helpsmilie: thing!!!!!" when learning. After a while, you get past that and start to really master it.

Motorola 68000 | 1 Mb | Debug port

"When performing a forced landing, fly the aircraft as far into the crash as possible." - Bob Hoover.

The JF-17 is not better than the F-16; it's different. It's how you fly that counts.

"An average aircraft with a skilled pilot, will out-perform the superior aircraft with an average pilot."