Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC

With the time on a CNC painting making the button caps the PCB putting in a LCD screen It was in the $500.00 dollar range with time included. add profit for the small custom work at your at the $700 to $850 range for the sale price.Why would you make some thing with just a screen adn a key board? No Idea what that would cost these calculations were done a wile ago when i was nuts enough to look at making thing for sale.

https://www.shapeways.com/shops/a-10c-warthog-supplies

https://forum.dcs.world/topic/133818-deadmans-cockpit-base-plans/#comment-133824

CNCs and Laser engravers are great but they can't do squat with out a precise set of plans.

Hi Deadman.

I was thinking of the Thrustmaster MFD’s situation where the housing is cheap and customers have an opportunity to mod in a screen if they want. I think quite a few people just use those as “dumb” button boxes, but like them because of their faithful reproduction.

For me personally, I love the feel and sound of real buttons and using the mouse on the CDU has always been a bit awkward. Secondly, it might be useful in VR using muscle memory. However, if we will get much better finger tracking in VR as mentioned in the newsletter this may be an inferior solution.

Anyway, I will stop hijacking the thread. Thanks for your replies.

Just received mine and it's an awesome piece of work! High quality buttons, very well put together and pretty much plug and play (the master caution sync requires a few other easy steps). The dimmer pot on the left side is a great touch!

Thanks Bamse!

This certainly is an interesting product - with the TM Warthog Hotas, Cougar MFD's and the Buddy Fox UFC - you're in a good shape to take control of an A-10C. Will be my next controller purchase for sure :thumbup:

A-10C Warthog | AJS-37 Viggen | F-5E Tiger II | Mig-15bis | MiG-19P Farmer

Mine arrived last Saturday... but I wasn´t home !!! :(

Waiting for delivery right now

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

Installed, I built a small stand so it´s placed over the MFDs. Everything looks and feels great. Got F-18 UFC mapped too.

However, it seems to be a conflict regarding USB and HID, because with the Buddy-Fox UFC plugged, my Virpil base unplugs and reconnects A LOT.

And by a lot I mean like every 20 seconds or so. Timming varies. When in Windows I can hear the windows ring warning of a USB disconnecting, and the connecting sound right away.

When in-flight, the Virpil base ID shows at the upper right corner, with the unplugged/connecting status.

Once I unplugged the UFC, Virpil base remains connected.

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

Installed, I built a small stand so it´s placed over the MFDs. Everything looks and feels great. Got F-18 UFC mapped too.

However, it seems to be a conflict regarding USB and HID, because with the Buddy-Fox UFC plugged, my Virpil base unplugs and reconnects A LOT.

And by a lot I mean like every 20 seconds or so. Timming varies. When in Windows I can hear the windows ring warning of a USB disconnecting, and the connecting sound right away.

When in-flight, the Virpil base ID shows at the upper right corner, with the unplugged/connecting status.

Once I unplugged the UFC, Virpil base remains connected.

My first suspicion is that you're running out of power on the USB card. I'd give a powered USB a shot.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

My first suspicion is that you're running out of power on the USB card. I'd give a powered USB a shot.

Everything is connected to a powered USB. But yes I have a billion of USB devices :lol:

Tried all the 2.0 and 3.0 around my computer and same problem, so it´s a driver error issue.

And got a Win10 update error too when trying to update, last update happened by summer 2018 :doh:

Tried all the 2.0 and 3.0 around my computer and same problem, so it´s a driver error issue.

And got a Win10 update error too when trying to update, last update happened by summer 2018 :doh:

Huh. If you the windows update doesn't solve it, download "usbdeview" from NirSoft. I can't imagine that Device Instance ID would overlap, but you'd be able to rule out immediately.

But I'm guessing driver update will fix it.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

Huh. If you the windows update doesn't solve it, download "usbdeview" from NirSoft. I can't imagine that Device Instance ID would overlap, but you'd be able to rule out immediately.

But I'm guessing driver update will fix it.

Trying this app. Looking at data here and there. It says TM Warthog throttle sucks 100ma. Meanwhile, Rift sensors, 800ma :huh:

Wow, my mistake. The USB hub I was connecting several devices, UFC included, is non-powered.

My bad.

No , your good , that little piece of info is gonna save me a lot of grief soon

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

No , your good , that little piece of info is gonna save me a lot of grief soon

:smilewink:

Using a powered hub solved the issue :)

I will 100000% purchase the F-18 UFC if you make it. You have my money guaranteed.

same.

[sIGPIC]https://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic70550_3.gif[/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-H - SSD M.2 EVO 970 - Intel I9 @5.0ghz - 32gb DDR4 4000 - EVGA 3090 - Cougar FSSB + Virpil WRBRD + Hornet Stick - Thrustmaster TPR Pedal + WinWing MIP + Orion + TO and CO pannels - Track IR5

I will 100000% purchase the F-18 UFC if you make it. You have my money guaranteed.

same.

[sIGPIC]https://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic70550_3.gif[/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-H - SSD M.2 EVO 970 - Intel I9 @5.0ghz - 32gb DDR4 4000 - EVGA 3090 - Cougar FSSB + Virpil WRBRD + Hornet Stick - Thrustmaster TPR Pedal + WinWing MIP + Orion + TO and CO pannels - Track IR5

• 2 weeks later...
I have the same problem but with my Gametrix jet seat

What problem is that? Not using a powered hub disconnecting other USB devices?

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

• 3 weeks later...

True plug and play or just a programmable keyboard..?

:pilotfly:Just order my UFC.

Will I have to assign the buttons via in-game controller.?

Or is it a plug and play like The TM Warthog...?

How will the device show up on my pc..?

Windows 10 current built.

Docs 2.5.3 A10C module

Docs 2.5.3 A10C module

You will need to assign the commands in DCS. Device shows up as a USB controller in windows.

If you want the Master Caution to illuminate, you will need their "Raygun" application.

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP

Docs 2.5.3 A10C module

Assign them using DCS Controls, it hardy takes two minutes. I use it for A-10C, Hornet and Harrier.

It will show up on Windows as "A10C UFC".