VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

@sydy Cheers mate, enjoy the product!

@Fisherman Assuming you're on 2.5.6 there are no known instabilities with VA atm.

Unless Windows event logs point specifically to the plugin these are likely caused by something else e.g. an audio driver.

@targs Have a look here https://www.vaicompro.com/faq.html

@strike Flashing menu indicates you have a lua install problem.

Carefully inspect your lua (page 33), remove the files to be sure and have them automatically be rebuilt after VA restart.

Run VA as admin and check your Windows UAC account has sufficient R/W rights.

@Don Thanks for the heads-up, we'll have a look.

@milko The click in the MiG21 is strictly speaking a fault in the DCS module: it produces a sound for a push button that is already depressed.

You could flag it as an issue but firmly in the Minor category.

There is no spoon.

Avatar_old_80x80.gif.0c105925ce4b9f5b87697ea37cbde317.gif

VAICOM PRO plugin for DCS World

www.vaicompro.com

The click in the MiG21 is strictly speaking a fault in the DCS module: it produces a sound for a push button that is already depressed.

@Hollywood_315

Great - you've nailed it down... out of interest, which push button is it?

:thumbup:

i7-5820K 3.30Ghz | Asus X99-S | Sapphire R290X | R7 240 | 16GB DDR4 PC4 2800MHz | Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD (OS) | Samsung 840 EVO 500GB SSD (DCS) | Noctua NH-D14 2011 Cooler | OCZ ZT 750W '80 Plus Bronze' Modular PSU | NZXT Phantom Enthusiast | 3 x IIyama Prolite E2473HDS 24" | 1 x Dell S2240T 21.5" Touch Screen | Windows 10 64-Bit | AMD Eyefinity 5760 x 1080 | TrackIR5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind 1771 | Vaicom Pro + VA (Licensed) | Sennheiser Game Zero | Honeycomb Yoke (June 2020)]

I'll have to try this again. After buying on release, I was so frustrated trying to get Voice Attack to recognise me when all other voice recognition utes were fine, that I gave up.

I think I will make a lot of effort first to get VA to understand what I'm saying - then install plug-ins. Had the Elite Dangerous plug-in for years and not been able to use it either :(

But I feel a change coming on :)

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2

I am now getting this error message:

18:15:38 - An attempt was made to load an assembly from a network location which would have caused the assembly to be sandboxed in previous versions of the .NET Framework. This release of the .NET Framework does not enable CAS policy by default, so this load may be dangerous. If this load is not intended to sandbox the assembly, please enable the loadFromRemoteSources switch. See http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=155569 for more information. (joysticks disabled)

my joystick is working just fine... VoiceAttack does not detect my Joystick, VA is running in admin mode

Edited by speed-of-heat

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

re-installing 1.7.3 from the installer seems to fix it

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

I have found that I have a clicking sound while flying in the Harrier. One thing I noticed was it seemed to be causing the "growl" of the sidewinder/ sidearm to stop working unless you touched the volume knob that controls the sound for the SW/SA. Once you did that the "growl" would come back on but would go off again once the "click" would happen again. Very had to hear your missiles acquire and lock with the sound constantly being dropped. I was running a separate profile I made in Voice Attack for the Harrier and not the Viacom one. Once I disabled the plug in support and restarted VA the sound went away and the so far the "growl" has been uninterrupted.

Asus Prime 390A, Intel I7-8700k@4.8ghz, 32g ram, Nvidia EVGA GeForce RTX 2070, Track IR5, SSD(DCS dedicated), HDD for Win 10. TM Warthog 78051 Track IR5 Thrustmaster pedels

Thanks for the reply. Not sure if this helps or hurts but I never opened the comms menu during these flights. Are you saying its a DCS issue Viacom issue or still figuring it out? Thanks.

Asus Prime 390A, Intel I7-8700k@4.8ghz, 32g ram, Nvidia EVGA GeForce RTX 2070, Track IR5, SSD(DCS dedicated), HDD for Win 10. TM Warthog 78051 Track IR5 Thrustmaster pedels

@sydy Cheers mate, enjoy the product!

Hi Hollywood,

Well... I am having a good share of trouble.

I tried two clean installs with Voice Attack and Vaicom and nothing. My COMM 1 menu keeps popping up uncommanded.

The Vaicom config panel shows "Easy Communications: ON", but my DCS is not set like that. I set a SNGL mike correctly. BCN alert keeps blinking at the display. Is that correct?

Chatter is not working when set to oo and no when Chatter Auto-start. Voice recognition works fine, but I couldn't command a single thing... It always opens the options "ATC, [], [], request engines start, [], []." or something similar.

Before that, I used a VA profile with some simple commands and it worked fine with voice recognition and execution.

I don't know what to do anymore.

Any tips?

Tks in advance,

Sydy

@sydy You have a lua install problem, make sure VA runs as admin, try setting the DCS path with the custom folder option and check the manual and FAQ page for some more hints.https://www.vaicompro.com/faq.html

Tks Hollywood, DCS path was wrong. Gonna try it again and will get back to you! Tks

Edit: Hollywood, I corrected the path in the Vaicon window, but nothing happened, then I noticed that Vaicom was creating an Eagle Dynamics/Speech/... path in the wrong HD. Decided to move it to the correct one and it worked.

The problem now is that every time I start VA Vaicom creates the path in the HD (the one I originally installed DCS, but moved from there later).

I managed to command the flight, it came out quite nice. Gotta try it some more.

Any tips about the path? In the Vaicom config it is correct.

EDIT 2: I read a bit the thread and saw that the plugin gets the path from registry. Edited my Registry and re-ran. I carefully read every option and configured the way I wanted. It is perfect now! What an app! Congratulations!

The only thing I noticed is that it creates both folders to DCS and DCS open beta, but I can live with that. At least it is in the correct HD now. :-)

Tks a lot,

Sydy

Edited by Sydy

I have ViaCom pro and it shows in VA as does the chatter but I cant fine the set up page for PTT as shown on page one of this thread I have installed uninstalled VA and ViaCom still nothing I just cant find configuration page

ViaCom.PNG.0916b45bf2c372ad7778ce0f451d1681.PNG

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Window 10, i9-9900,2080TI, 32GB ram Puma Pro Flight Trainer, 2 x 1TB WB SSD NVMe HP Reverb

I just cant find configuration page

At last, one I know the answer to...

When you have Voice Attack loaded (as in your picture above), click LCTRL+LALT+C

i7-5820K 3.30Ghz | Asus X99-S | Sapphire R290X | R7 240 | 16GB DDR4 PC4 2800MHz | Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD (OS) | Samsung 840 EVO 500GB SSD (DCS) | Noctua NH-D14 2011 Cooler | OCZ ZT 750W '80 Plus Bronze' Modular PSU | NZXT Phantom Enthusiast | 3 x IIyama Prolite E2473HDS 24" | 1 x Dell S2240T 21.5" Touch Screen | Windows 10 64-Bit | AMD Eyefinity 5760 x 1080 | TrackIR5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind 1771 | Vaicom Pro + VA (Licensed) | Sennheiser Game Zero | Honeycomb Yoke (June 2020)]

Hey guys I'm having an issue with Vaicom Pro and communicating with ATC, I have Vaicom set to SEL/AUTO to use with all radios and after I set my frequency in the Hornet to a desired frequency and request engine start, inbound etc. it defaults back to the old frequency I set before. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

At last, one I know the answer to...

When you have Voice Attack loaded (as in your picture above), click LCTRL+LALT+C

OK when I I do as you say I get 9:33:48 AM - UNABLE TO INVOKE PLUGIN, 'VAICOM PRO 2.5'. PLUGIN NOT VALID FOR THIS VERSION OF VOICEATTACK.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Window 10, i9-9900,2080TI, 32GB ram Puma Pro Flight Trainer, 2 x 1TB WB SSD NVMe HP Reverb

@rephiled

This error message gets a mention in the FAQ section here

:book:

OK when I I do as you say I get 9:33:48 AM - UNABLE TO INVOKE PLUGIN, 'VAICOM PRO 2.5'. PLUGIN NOT VALID FOR THIS VERSION OF VOICEATTACK.

I get that when I am using Voice Attack with a different profile, then load the Vaicom Pro profile. If I then close Voice Attack ( with Vaicom Pro still selected to be the profile), and then launch Voice Attack again, it then works.

For some reason at least for me I have to do this when switching from another profile to my Vaicom Profile.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Problem,

On the PTT tab,

the MAP option,

when I click on it, it goes to INV, and stays there.

I cannot select the other options (NORM, MULTI, SNGL)

What am I doing wrong?

Viacom log file attached.

VAICOMPRO.zip

CPU = Intel i7-6700K

Motherboard = ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero Alpha, w/ the Intel Z170 Chipset,

RAM = 64 Gigs of Ripjaws V F4-3400C16Q.

GPU = Zotac GTX980ti Amp Extreme

Hard-drive = Samsung V-NAD SSD 950 PRO M.2