Confirmed Fix for DCS VR

Stewart

If anyone is having trouble with DCS since the newer patches for Steam VR I have confirmed the reason. The new Steam VR has Interleaved Reprojection on as Default with no way to turn it off. I rolled back my Steam VR and both Reprojection boxes were check marked. I then tried DCS with both Reprojection on and it is doing the same thing with the Steam VR black box coming up every few seconds. I then unchecked Interleaved Reprojection and went back into the game. Everything ran smooth again. This is confirmed the Interleaved Reprojection is causing the problem in DCS and some other simulation games. If someone can go into Steam VR setting in the current version and add under SteamVR and see if that fixes their problems.

"allowInterleavedReprojection": false,

"forceReprojection": false,

Here is the roll back instructions https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/470367950289895432/518681434580451348/Roll_Back_SteamVR.jpg

Edited by Stewart

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

What build are you talking about? I'm on the beta branch which was updated a day or two ago to 1.2.1 but I believe the previous beta I had been running is now the release version 1.1.4, I think.

I'm quite confused though as I don't think there are any Reprojection boxes any more. Are you talking about Motion Smoothing?

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

I was on version 1.1.4 and have tried beta version 1.2.1 also. When playing DCS I get the Steam VR black box loading screen every few seconds, or micro stutters, so the game was unplayable. It was the same way when you left Interleaved Reprojection on with the older Steam VR. I rolled back before they took out the Reprojection boxes and found that in fact Interleave Reprojection was defaulted on with no way to uncheck the box to turn it off. So the newer versions of Steam VR can not be used properly with DCS. So if you are a Vive or WMR owner you would probably have problems with VR in DCS, if not the loading screens and micro stutters than a bad drop in FPS. People with a Rift should not be effected. Yes they took out the Reprojection boxes so there is no way to turn it off now. I have a Vive and a Odyssey+ and tried both of them. There is no Motion Smoothing on the O+ and I turned it off on the Vive because I thought it might have been the problem but it still did it.

Edited by Stewart

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I have had no issues with 1.1.4 or 1.2.1.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

If anyone is having trouble with DCS since the newer patches for Steam VR I have confirmed the reason. The new Steam VR has Interleaved Reprojection on as Default with no way to turn it off. I rolled back my Steam VR and both Reprojection boxes were check marked. I then tried DCS with both Reprojection on and it is doing the same thing with the Steam VR black box coming up every few seconds. I then unchecked Interleaved Reprojection and went back into the game. Everything ran smooth again. This is confirmed the Interleaved Reprojection is causing the problem in DCS and some other simulation games. If someone can go into Steam VR setting in the current version and add under SteamVR and see if that fixes their problems.

"allowInterleavedReprojection": false,

"forceReprojection": false,

Here is the roll back instructions https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/470367950289895432/518681434580451348/Roll_Back_SteamVR.jpg

SteamVR interleaved reprojection and asynchronus reprojection have zero effect on WMR headsets. Just the vive and vive pro.

instead, WMR for Steam app has it's own VR settings file for WMR's latest motion reprojection which is ime way much more enjoyable than without it. You have to delete two // by the auto setting, which if it can't maintain 80-90fps it will turn on automatically and you can even turn the indicator on to tell you WHY it's turning on, cpu or gpu or settings too high to even maintain 45.

Right now the only thing causing stutter and steamVR loading screens for me on my odyssey and system in single player are clouds. Without them everything's smooth. MP has a hitch here and there but the servers I fly on also use clear skies and it's mostly smooth for the majority of the time on them. Hoping the dedicated server client helps with that.

If that's not the case for you run the dcs repair tool imo.

Edited by Headwarp
Spoiler

Win 11 Pro, z790 i9 13900k, RTX 4090 , 64GB DDR 6400GB, OS and DCS are on separate pci-e 4.0 drives 

Sim hardware - VKB MCG Ultimate with 200mm extension, Virpil T-50CM3 Dual throttles.   Blackhog B-explorer (A), TM Cougar MFD's (two), MFG Crosswinds with dampener.   Obutto R3volution gaming pit.