A10-C Maple Flag Mission Tutorials

I have completed a tutorial series based on the excellent missions pack from Maple Flag Missions! Basic Flight Training Qualification is a 12 mission series to get you more comfortable flying and operating the A-10C Warthog! Please come to my youtube page at https://www.youtube.com/user/reconstewart and check them out! Thanks!

BFTQ - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...zOhqRgLMRxe11d

I am also working on the Advanced Flight Training Qualifications series and will then be moving onto the Tactical Flight Training series. Thanks for Watching!

Maple Flag Missions - http://www3.sympatico.ca/tlaschuk/mapleflagmissions/

Join me on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100009516004143

Follow me on Twitter -

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

YouTube Facebook Twitter Twitch

Yes the Maple Flag Missions courses are great!

i9-13900K @ 6.2GHz oc | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | 24GB GeForce RTX 4090 | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5

• 1 year later...

I just bought this and now am confused as to where all the documentation is.

Anybody clue me in?

Asus B85 Pro Gamer - 32GB - Intel® Core i5-4460 CPU - SanDisk SDSSDXPS480G -Windows 10 Pro 64-bit - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070

TrackIR5 - TM Warthog HOTAS Stick & Throttle - TM Cougar MFCDs - TM TPR Rudder Pedals - Razer Orbweaver - SoundBlasterX G5 DAC

It's in each module folder. For example, for A-10C you have go to game installation folder:

C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World

and then drill down to:

Mods\aircraft\A-10C\Doc

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

--

"The three best things in life are a good landing, a good orgasm, and a good shit.

A night carrier landing is one of the few opportunities to experience all three at the same time."

I have been wanting to purchase these missions for a long time, however, on their website it says that they are no longer for sale. Anyone know what's up?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

[TABLE]PC Specs

i7-4790k

GTX 970

MSI Z97 Gaming 5

24 GB RAM

Samsung 850 Evo 240GB SSD

[/TABLE]

[TABLE]Equipment

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog

CH Pro Pedals

3D Printed TrackIR[/TABLE]

I have been wanting to purchase these missions for a long time, however, on their website it says that they are no longer for sale. Anyone know what's up?

We are slowly moving all the campaigns to the ED store.

The A-10C Basic Flight Training Qualification Campaign is available now.

The next one we expect to be available soon is the Advanced Aircraft Training for the A-10C. It will feature all new professional voice recordings and some mission updates.

We hope the others will follow soon after.

F-15C-User-Bar-ACM.v2.jpg

MapleFlagMissions - Read Our Blog for Updates

The next one we expect to be available soon is the Advanced Aircraft Training for the A-10C. It will feature all new professional voice recordings and some mission updates.

Thanks for the reply! That makes sense. I'll wait to purchase the missions there then.

Sent from my OnePlus Two using Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

[TABLE]PC Specs

i7-4790k

GTX 970

MSI Z97 Gaming 5

24 GB RAM

[/TABLE]

[TABLE]Equipment

CH Pro Pedals

Will that push to STEAM? I have my copy through there right now...

@dux

As I said above I just bought the BFT from ED Store yesterday. I've only gone thru the first exercise and already see the benefits; it's well worth the measely 10 bucks! I'd suggest you go through the BFT before buying the Advanced Aircraft Training so you get the tone and methodology; it's not a tutorial.

@Sabre-TLA

My only comment about the first exercise is the shutdown time limit of 2 minutes; needs to be increased to 2.5 or even 3. There should be no reason to rush a proper shutdown. You give me 15 minutes to do the cold start; which only takes about 6 minutes, then rush to shut down. In reality, I just landed and want to catch my breath and clear my mind; not start mentally rehearsing a rushed shutdown. if you could possibly tell us how to extend that to 3 minutes it would be great.

Look forward to more, thanks

Regards,

Asus B85 Pro Gamer - 32GB - Intel® Core i5-4460 CPU - SanDisk SDSSDXPS480G -Windows 10 Pro 64-bit - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070

TrackIR5 - TM Warthog HOTAS Stick & Throttle - TM Cougar MFCDs - TM TPR Rudder Pedals - Razer Orbweaver - SoundBlasterX G5 DAC

@dux

As I said above I just bought the BFT from ED Store yesterday. I've only gone thru the first exercise and already see the benefits; it's well worth the measely 10 bucks! I'd suggest you go through the BFT before buying the Advanced Aircraft Training so you get the tone and methodology; it's not a tutorial.

@Sabre-TLA

My only comment about the first exercise is the shutdown time limit of 2 minutes; needs to be increased to 2.5 or even 3. There should be no reason to rush a proper shutdown. You give me 15 minutes to do the cold start; which only takes about 6 minutes, then rush to shut down. In reality, I just landed and want to catch my breath and clear my mind; not start mentally rehearsing a rushed shutdown. if you could possibly tell us how to extend that to 3 minutes it would be great.

Look forward to more, thanks

Regards,

Thanks for the support!

We actually had a 15 minute shutdown originally (the engines actually take 5 minutes each to shutdown properly in real world) but we got feedback that user's didn't want to wait that long to get their rating so we shortened it to 2 mins.

You can actually start shutting things down as soon as you clear the runway and while taxing (try the Interactive Shutdown single player mission in the campaigns folder).

You will find after a few tries that 2 mins is more than enough to have everything shutoff.

I have completed a tutorial series based on the excellent missions pack from Maple Flag Missions! Basic Flight Training Qualification is a 12 mission series to get you more comfortable flying and operating the A-10C Warthog! Please come to my youtube page at https://www.youtube.com/user/reconstewart and check them out! Thanks!

BFTQ - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...zOhqRgLMRxe11d

I am also working on the Advanced Flight Training Qualifications series and will then be moving onto the Tactical Flight Training series. Thanks for Watching!

Maple Flag Missions - http://www3.sympatico.ca/tlaschuk/mapleflagmissions/

Join me on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100009516004143

Follow me on Twitter -

The BFTQ link is down. Could you post a new link please, I would really like to watch this playlist.

Many thanks.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

[TABLE]PC Specs

i7-4790k

GTX 970

MSI Z97 Gaming 5

24 GB RAM

[/TABLE]

[TABLE]Equipment

CH Pro Pedals

Try

That one works. Thanks :):)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

[TABLE]PC Specs

i7-4790k

GTX 970

MSI Z97 Gaming 5

24 GB RAM

[/TABLE]

[TABLE]Equipment

CH Pro Pedals

• 1 month later...

Really quick question-I'm so use to using the DCS simulator start up for the A-10C I was just wondering-do you have to follow the EXACT same sequence on start up provided in the campaign. Or are you tested/graded that you hit all the right switches just not in the same sequence to start the A-10.

• 1 year later...

Good evening Terry.

I've redownloaded all the training missions through the ED store. I am restarting the Basic missions and on the First takeoff and level to 6000 fly heading 060 at 220k, I just blow right past the waypoint 3 EFATO point and the prompt never comes. I flew for over an hour on that heading. Am I missing something? It seems a prompt has stopped working. I am flying this in v1.5

Thanks. I also emailed you about buying these 2 or 3 years ago.

Ensure you are wings level on the 060 heading at 6000' and close to 220 knots.

There is a trigger that is testing for that and I suspect if you are not wings level it's not getting triggered.

We are updating all the missions for the 2.5 release so will be updating the mission so it will continue even if the wings level trigger doesn't fire.

Report back if you continue to have problems as recent game engine updates may have broken the trigger logic.

• 11 months later...

Sorry if obsolete topic, didn't find a better place to ask.

TTQ Mission Practice #19 - CAS Management (bought from ED store recently, DCS Open Beta up to date)

Leaving flight anchoring at IP Chevy, starting loitering. Uzi screams to contact him for tasking. Trying contacting him on VHF AM 124.00 MHz, no response at all. No easy comm on, Victor radio used for sure. In previous missions same procedure worked perfectly.

???