Joystick saturation and curvature.

cmiller2426

I wouldn't know how to recognize if there were something wrong, but I've got no indication that there is something wrong, other than my poor flying skills :huh:

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

It reduces the amount of control surface movement the closer your stick/pedals are to center, up to the extent of your curve.

Go into Options -> Controls -> Flight Controls -> [Pitch, Roll, or Yaw] -> Axis Tune, and set a saturation curve. While still in the Axis Tune menu, move your stick or rudder pedals, and you should see the difference. Play around with different curves to see their differences, and then try one out in-game.

I would strongly suggest having the same curve on Pitch and Roll, and I myself have the same on Yaw too.

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

From the human motor control perspective axis curvature is a bad solution and deadzone is even worse. You use curvature only by the minimum value that helps you overcome the limitations of your game controller and you favor curvature over deadzone.

Joystick configuration tips and advices - ED Forums http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=58138&highlight=configuration

Someone once said different brands of stick requires different setup. I just realized even the same brand requires different setups. Depended on each person's preferences and habits. For my 52pro, I can help but to set y saturation to 60. I know a lot of 52pro owners have saturation at 100. But for me, 100 saturation means tons of stalls. My stick just too sensitive. In game outside view, I can see sometimes nose pitch up big time at 100 saturation.