Dogfight instant action mission

Slayer

So pilots I'm wondering how quickly the AI shot you down on your first go around of the P-51D vs P-51D mission :pilotfly:

The AI got me after about 2 minutes. (Full realism) Couldn't shake him and eventually ended up in a turning fight near the ground after he had shot me up. Poor energy management and I smacked into the ground. Been playing alot of IL-2 and CloD the past few weeks but it didn't help me hehe...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

System Specs

Intel I7-3930K, Asrock EXTREME9, EVGA TITAN, Mushkin Chronos SSD, 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z series 2133, TM Warthog and MFD's, Saitek Proflight Combat pedals, TrackIR 5 + TrackClip PRO, Windows 7 x64, 3-Asus VS2248H-P monitors, Thermaltake Level 10 GT, Obutto cockpit

So pilots I'm wondering how quickly the AI shot you down on your first go around of the P-51D vs P-51D mission :pilotfly:

(Full realism) Couldn't shake him and eventually ended up in a turning fight near the ground after he had shot me up.

In a turning fight remember you are both equal and AI will win...avoid a turning fight..

[/Table]

Recruiting for Aerobatic Team/Fighter Group...

My ff doesn't work properly so I can't play it as desired. But I did notice AI had tendency to crash into ground....

Yeah he does tend to get caught out by the P-51s considerable acceleration in a dive - WIP

EDIT:- FF isn't implemented yet AFAIK - again WIP

Nate

Yeah he does tend to get caught out by the P-51s considerable acceleration in a dive - WIP

EDIT:- FF isn't implemented yet AFAIK - again WIP

Nate

Yeah I understand. Many things to get fixed. It seems Pony is released earlier than A10 during its beta release. I don't mind.

Yeah I understand. Many things to get fixed. It seems Pony is released earlier than A10 during its beta release. I don't mind.

Ahh methinks you forget how the Warthog was in 1.1.0.3 :)

Anyway rest assured stuff like this will get sorted with the communities help - the whole point of the open beta is gather information such as this.

Please feel free to add stuff to the P-51 bug forum.

Nate

AI is way too good for me..... Although I have never played a DCS title before so be gentle with me, I have a lot to learn.

So here we have the first official "new guy" the Mustang has lured into the the DCS world. Welcome :D

Windows 10 64bit, Intel i9-9900@5Ghz, 32 Gig RAM, MSI RTX 3080 TI, 2 TB SSD, 43" 2160p@1440p monitor.

AI is way too good for me..... Although I have never played a DCS title before so be gentle with me, I have a lot to learn.

So here we have the first official "new guy" the Mustang has lured into the the DCS world. Welcome

(Can't find a better one.) :D

Always remember. I don't have a clue what I'm doing

Thank you for the welcome. I probably won't be so welcome after I have crashed into you a few times...lol

You still see people crashing in to each other in A-10's and Blacksharks I doubt it will be that big of a deal...

Welcome and maybe you can begin sharing A2A tactics in these old warbirds?

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT

In instant action Dogfight the AI made quick work of me...I think they start too close together...no time to position...I heard him go by but never saw him until he was on my tail...and that did not take long... I would much rather fly against humans anytime...I have much work to do... LOL!

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

I finally got some shots into him after turning on the labels and maping 2 buttons for padlock and padlock off. I didn't think the padlock would work good with TrackIR but it works perfect. You don't even need to pause the TIR while using the padlock.

I've never used the padlock in other DCS/LO titles because most multiplayer servers turn it off but it should help for learning...just can't use it as a crutch like a lot of previous WWII sims.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

System Specs

Intel I7-3930K, Asrock EXTREME9, EVGA TITAN, Mushkin Chronos SSD, 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z series 2133, TM Warthog and MFD's, Saitek Proflight Combat pedals, TrackIR 5 + TrackClip PRO, Windows 7 x64, 3-Asus VS2248H-P monitors, Thermaltake Level 10 GT, Obutto cockpit

I’m having trouble maneuvering on the fly by. I bank 90 on the fly by and firewall the throttle and rpm and pull towards the enemy about half stick. My airspeed dips to at least 220-210mph whe the wings start rocking and then I fall out of the bank. does this bird not turn? do I need to apply rudder? does trim need to be other than zeroed out at 5000 alt? Help!

Windows 10

Intel Core i5 4670k CPU 3.4 GHz

16GB RAM

MSI RTX 2080 Gaming X Trio

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog

TrackIR 4

How do you manage throttle and RPM in a dogfight? Push them both to the limit and leave them there? Pull them both back again at the top of a split-S? I've never flown a sim with both power and RPM controls for thrust before so please forgive the elementary question.

I believe that in the real world if you're heavy handed with the stick of the Mustang at high speed then she'll stall very quickly and drop like a stone before the Hamilton standard propellor picks her up again. Try using flaps at combat setting before yanking hard on your stick (sounds rude that).

[sIGPIC]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic90244_1.gif[/sIGPIC]Windows 7 Ultimate 64 on OCZ SSD, (AM3)AMD955BE x4 3.2GHz - GPU AMD6950 x2Gb - 16Gb Ripjaw G-Skill DDR3 PC12800 1600MHz

https://www.facebook.com/#!/FerociousFrankie