[A-10C] Operation Titan Angel

I'm really glad to hear you are enjoying it. I make this mission for myself to play and sometimes I forget that other people are also enjoying it. How do you play? Do you use all assets (air and ground) all the time or do you do most of the warhead work yourself?

---

I have an update out just now. There's a lot of boring under the hood bug fixes that I won't go into, but should make it a lot more stable. But some of the gameplay changes are:

-The Georgian SU-25s will report their range to target repeatedly while rolling in, this will make it a lot easier to coordinate with them when you want to strike a target simultaneously. If you find this feature annoying, you can disable it in their ROE submenu.

-The Georgian SU-25s can now be ordered to anchor at your current position. This way you get a little more control over where they roll in from.

-If neither Alpha, Bravo, Charlie nor the Reaper has eyes on the enemy you can no longer order the SU-25s to attack specific targets. This is to better go inline with the availability of intel of the enemy units. They can still be ordered to "attack any target" though. I'm no monster.

-Laser code switching (for when Alpha or the Reaper designates targets) does not require you to turn off their laser and then turn it on again. Simply choose the code you want them to use, and they will start using it immediately.

-Not new features really, but changed workflow: Alpha, Bravo and Charlie will now automatically hold when they are within 2.5 nm of the target, and once again when they are danger close. This is so they won't just drive into their death if you forget to stop them while you wait for all the other things to fall into place. When they have stopped you can just order them to move and they will do so. This behavior can also be disabled in their ROE submenu.

-The Player Settings menu will no longer show up when switching slots/joining late.

Download here: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/2504663/

I definitely use all the assets. Especially the ground units. Gives the mission immersion. I usually have the ground units take out any air threats then mop up the rest. I also made an edited version for myself with an A-10 wingman which is fun. I hope that's ok.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I definitely use all the assets. Especially the ground units. Gives the mission immersion. I usually have the ground units take out any air threats then mop up the rest. I also made an edited version for myself with an A-10 wingman which is fun. I hope that's ok.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Yes, of course! I want you to use it however you want. I have done the same but I find the wingman AI to be enfuriating. That's why I added the SU-25s and gave them the "Engage specific target"-menu. Out of sheer frustration :)

TbAhbzY.jpg

t6iOvyj.jpg

Update 1.9.3

-Lots of small boring bugfixes and tiny changes to existing functions.

-Georgian SU-25s can now join up on either each other or the player. They can still be ordered around individually at any point, but if not ordered to fly to a specific point they will rejoin their previous wingman after they have performed an attack.

Download here: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/2504663/

Edited by EasyEB

Another great randomized mission.:thumbup:

Haven't seen any evil spawning manpads yet. Are there any air defense units in this one?

There is now!

Update 1.9.8

-A new type of task is thrown into the mix with target units that may be civilian vehicles. On those tasks the ROE will change to hold fire until ground units can determine if the civilian vehicles are hostile or not.

-mBots (modified) dismounts script is now implemented on all the target units. They will adapt in numbers by vehicle type (more in troop transport trucks, and fewer in APCs), and in true OTA fashion they may or may not have MANPADS with them.

-Laser designating units (Alpha and the Reaper) can be ordered to designate vehicles only, troops only or all targets.

-Tasking is may now also be in Abkhazia.

-Also bug fixes.

Enjoy!

Edited by EasyEB

Update 1.9.8.1

Hotfix. Unborked a couple of things that got borked.

Update 1.9.8.2

Hotfix. Ground units will no longer open fire on confirmed civilian units (!).

Update 1.9.8.4

Hotfix. Infantry will despawn when a new Atlas detachment is available.

Edited by EasyEB

• 6 months later...

Mission updated.

-Bug fixes

-SU-25s are now two flights of two that can be controlled as a group to some extent and individually as normal. Have two follow one and they’ll stay together if you order one around. Attack commands must be given individually though, they will not attack as a group automatically.

-Ground units may now include GRAD units that you can order to fire on the targets.

-Allies will report if enemy units start/stop moving.

-Ground units reports are more detailed.

Probably alot more stuff that I’ve forgotten :)