Is there a list of active servers that host DCS WWII stuff

Pandacat

What about that jg26 server? Is that a private server? Damn so few players out there. This sim is too technical that many video noobies can't handle it. That's why the likes such as warthunder and world of warships are more popular.

I've never seen an Israeli server running WW-II missions, although IIRC one did have at least some P-51D's included, but among jets etc.

I don't know what happened to the 9. Jagdgeschwader 27. I actually had an account on their forum, but after 1.5 didn't progress as they expected, they decided to pull out of DCS altogether, which was a great shame, because their server and group were very well organized, very friendly, and welcoming.

I tried to go onto their sight (link above), just to see what they're up to, but the URL seems to be dead :( I do hope they're doing well somewhere.

Burning Skies is not up all the time.

ACG is the only server I know of in Europe that is nearly always up. If you check evenings in British or Western Europe time there's often a few people in the air.

DoW is a great server with great people, but 5 hours difference makes a ... difference :huh:.

There used to be a server running alpha 2.0 with WW-II in mind. There were some nice guy, but I haven't seen it up in a while, but maybe that's because I hadn't looked for a while either :doh:

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

Yep the server is based on the east coast. If you do logon make sure to jump in on the team speak channel. Especial if you are new to the server. Our mission builder has put a lot of detail into the missions so it helps being on comms with someone who knows whats going on. Also make sure to read the briefings for maximum enjoyment!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Adulthood is like looking both ways before you cross the street and then getting hit by an airplane."

Dogs of War Dedicated WWII Server Thread

Yep the server is based on the east coast. If you do logon make sure to jump in on the team speak channel. Especial if you are new to the server. Our mission builder has put a lot of detail into the missions so it helps being on comms with someone who knows whats going on. Also make sure to read the briefings for maximum enjoyment!

Fantastic. I'll definitely go check it out. I am really new to this, so where do I get started? Go onto Dow forum to chat with people first?

Yup. Come on over and introduce yourself the the squadron. http://webfortress.com/dogsofwar/forum/

Helpful hints, tips a way to see what these great guys have been doing. It's been up for years, and lots of good info and banter are stored there.

TeamSpeak is a must if you want to quickly get a feel for the sqdrn. My first time up, I felt at home. Great guys, real missions, and a home like feeling even for visitors.

dow-dcs.duckdns.org DoW

Dogs of War Squadron

Call sign "HeadHunter" P-51D /Spitfire Jockey

Gigabyte EP45T-UD3LR /Q9650 3.6Ghz | 16GB DDR3 1600 RipJaws | EVGA GTX-1060 ACX3 FTW | ThrustMaster 16000m & G13 GamePad w/analog rudder stick | TurtleBeach EarForce PX22 | Track IR5 | Vizio 40" 4K TV monitor (stuck temporarily with an Acer 22" :( )