Open Conflict - Server Information

Mirknir

Happy New Year to you....we are missing you, hope you join the community soon, take good care

Asus ROG MAXIMUS X Formula

Intel i7- 8700K 4.8ghz

Asus GTX 2080ti OC edition

64 Gb RAM at 3200mhz

Kraken X 72 cooler

Samsung CHG90 monitor at 144 htz

DCS on M.2 drive 500 Gb

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello Guys,

For the few of you maintaining this thread alive: yes I am still alive :)

When I closed the server, I actually quit DCS as well because the game seemed shallow for me without my baby to play on.

On the up side, I felt somehow unburdened.

As of now, I don't plan on coming back.

I miss the server terribly and interacting with you guys even more but I also remember all too well the struggles and the stress of hosting this server.

I just don't want to fall in the same situation of struggling for time, money and dealing with toxicity and broken features.

I got burnt trying to maintain a certain level of quality and I am afraid to end up there again.

Even if the online was not addressed by Wags in his November letter, I am still secretly hoping that ED will someday create a special status for public server owner.

It could decrease the time and money needed for hosting a server and create a better communication and synergy between the 2 parties.

I have yet to test 2.5 but I am kept informed of the progress by the Wardogs.

I am glad to learn the 2.5 seems like a new game and also less of a shit show that 1.5 was at the end.

When I have a computer capable of running it properly, I'll try it and see if I can still kill stuff with my Su27 :)

I hope you guys understand and won't too be disappointed!

I feel like I should end up with another inspiring quote of Taylor -Icewoman- Swift because she doesn't get enough credits in DCS:

"There is more to life than dating the boy on the football team"

Reflect on this next time you are choosing F15 :)

Edited by Mirknir

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread

• 5 months later...

Sorry to bump from the dead, but with ED stating work on dedicated servers is underway and we could possibly have them this year, will there be any consideration to possibly bring back OC for old times sake!? While still not perfect, DCS sure has come a long ways even from just the mess of 1.5 and the future really does look bright!

Personally speaking, OC was the perfect server for any interest, any aircraft, and any experience level! It's where I learned air combat and got my first PvP splash. To this day, my fondest DCS experiences are still from sorties taking place under the cold, grey skies of our beloved OC.

It's function and form still hasn't truly been replaced and most important with rain on canopy introduced: the only popular server that actually had inclement weather lol.

At the least, I did want to give thanks to Mirknir for creating this mission which has gotten me still reminiscent of my times there to this day. And to plead, if only for just a sliver of chance, to please consider bringing it back! It's sorely missed.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...