more in depth SADL/ TAD page functionality?

Kev2go

Im hoping to hear more news of A10C II's with regards to SADL and TAD function since with the current DCS A10C a vast amount was missing that the SADL we have right now is a barebones system.

TAD page should show SAM threat circles like you have on the F16 and F18 in thier respective HSD and SA pages. In the A10C these Sam threat circles originate either from preplanned information via data cartridge, memory, AN/ALQ 213, or via information updated via datalink along with thier unique symbols.

With the A10C there is also a subsection page called " threat table" that lists known threats.

SADL functionality and symbols should be expanded so its not just barebones where all you see are friendly flights or other A10's SPI's.

THe SADL is capable of showing, unknown and verified air threats like we see in link 16 equipped aircraft with radars that have detected and passed on the information through the network, as well as ground threats.

Also im wondering if will we have a COMM page accessible via MFD on this specific A10C? It shows AN/ARC210 preset channels

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

+1 Again

A little surprised this wasn't part of the announcement anyway. The Link 16 integration must be crucial jump in SA.

Can I add 'Datalink Markpoints' too? Which is another new TAD ability. Probably represents a massive increase in ability to share targets.

+1 Again

A little surprised this wasn't part of the announcement anyway. The Link 16 integration must be crucial jump in SA.

Can I add 'Datalink Markpoints' too? Which is another new TAD ability. Probably represents a massive increase in ability to share targets.

To clarify newer model of A10C IRL doesn't get Link 16. Its just that SADL can via gateway transmit information between these two systems. This has been added, as If there is an AWACS that hosts said gateway A10C can see F18 or F16 as unknown frendlies, but not air threats that those aircraft or awacs have detected. OR for that matter ground assets like patriot missile or other ground based radar C2 assets that are compatible with SADL

But the issue simply that SADL functionality was bare bones in our current A10C iteration. the basic A10C Dash 1 manual has 8 pages worth on various SADL symbols.

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

17 pages ;)

Considering your career, this may be case for you since you are probably utilizing a post 2012 publication of the A10C dash 1 and the extra symbology pages are for the HMCS related bits ;)

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Considering your career, this may be case for you since you are probably utilizing a post 2012 publication of the A10C dash 1 and the extra symbology pages are for the HMCS related bits ;)

Extra pages have nothing to do with the TAD symbology. HMCS symbology is 65 pages long.

Extra pages have nothing to do with the TAD symbology. HMCS symbology is 65 pages long.

Then i don't know.... Im only talking about TAD/SADL related symbols. You are certainly referencing additional pages using a newer revision or publication.

Because unless im blind this particular publication i managed to find only has 8 pages worth dedicated to showing SADL symbols.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Then i don't know.... Im only talking about TAD/SADL related symbols. You are certainly referencing additional pages using a newer revision or publication.

Because unless im blind this particular publication i managed to find only has 8 pages worth dedicated to showing SADL symbols.

No one is saying you’re blind I’m just passing on information.

• 1 month later...
This post needs to be on the top of the wishlist forum!!!

It does, but I think it’s lost on ED. There appears to be no additions to the TAD or SADL in feature lost. Big lost opportunity if you ask me. Not sure why at least pre-planned threats on TAD couldn’t at least make it in. Or maybe TDL markpoints.

It does, but I think it’s lost on ED. There appears to be no additions to the TAD or SADL in feature lost. Big lost opportunity if you ask me. Not sure why at least pre-planned threats on TAD couldn’t at least make it in. Or maybe TDL markpoints.

My theory is that depending on the success of the module, they may keep improving the base, and SADL is a probable candidate. They didn't mention it but didn't dismiss it either so there is hope still

With A10C II release coming very soon by end of this month i think i will revisit the original question

Im hoping to hear more news of A10C II's with regards to SADL and TAD function since with the current DCS A10C a vast amount was missing that the SADL we have right now is a barebones system.

TAD page should show SAM threat circles like you have on the F16 and F18 in thier respective HSD and SA pages. In the A10C these Sam threat circles originate either from preplanned information via data cartridge, memory, AN/ALQ 213, or via information updated via datalink along with thier unique symbols.

With the A10C there is also a subsection page called " threat table" that lists known threats.

SADL functionality and symbols should be expanded so its not just barebones where all you see are friendly flights or other A10's SPI's.

THe SADL is capable of showing, unknown and verified air threats like we see in link 16 equipped aircraft with radars that have detected and passed on the information through the network, as well as ground threats.

Also im wondering if will we have a COMM page accessible via MFD on this specific A10C? It shows AN/ARC210 preset channels

Will the above named features from original post come in? Although none of the videos Matt Wagner are dont were with regards to TAD/SADL i didnt notice any new symbols within TAD page that was visible within the videos.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

+1000000000

but i would't get my hopes up, nothing about the TAD has been even remotely mentioned about the upgraded features for A10C-II

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Simming since 2005

My Rig: Gigabyte X470 Aorus Ultra Gaming, AMD Ryzen7 2700X, G.Skill RipJaws 32GB DDR4-3200, EVGA RTX 2070 Super Black Gaming, Corsair HX850