SELECT PARKING SPOT FOR COLD START

Avalanche110

When placing Aircraft on the carrier using the Take off from ramp option, I would like to be able to select where the parking spot the Players AC spawns from.

Previously, to have the Player spawn on the port side of the carrier. I would block the other spawn points with Static aircraft.

With the extra performance overhead of SuperCarrier, that's not really feasible anymore.

• Like 3

+1

F-15E | AH-64 | F/A-18C | F-14B | A-10C | UH-1H | Mi-8MTV2 | Ka-50 | SA342 | Super Carrier | Nevada | Persian Gulf | Syria |

Intel Core i7 11700K - 32GB 3200MHz CL16 DDR4 - MSI GeForce RTX 3060 Gaming X 12GB - Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe SSD 1TB

I originally thought this would have been great with the Stennis, but I must say it is great the way it is now, especially if you are playing with a few buddies. Without the ability to have ground crew push you back into your EXACT spot after landing, how are you going to prevent a portion of someone else's plane from being in the spawn location of another? Guess what happens when your next buddy comes to spawn in. Boom! I realize there are two sides to the story, but my vote is to let the game script decide the spawn location so that you know you'll end up in a free-and-clear spot when you join the game.

My DCS Missions: Band of Buds series | The End of the T-55 Era | Normandy PvP | Host of the Formation Flight Challenge server

Supercarrier Reference Kneeboards

IRL: Private Pilot, UAS Test Pilot, Aircraft Designer, and... eh hem... DCS Enthusiast

Missed this thread, when I asked for the same this morning..

so +1

Or even bigger +1 to being able to select start from "ground" for player and client aircraft, so we can choose any place on the ship to start.

Just imagine being able to do a cold and dark on a fully parked bow :worthy:

cvn74_24.jpg

• Like 1

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

I originally thought this would have been great with the Stennis, but I must say it is great the way it is now, especially if you are playing with a few buddies. Without the ability to have ground crew push you back into your EXACT spot after landing, how are you going to prevent a portion of someone else's plane from being in the spawn location of another? Guess what happens when your next buddy comes to spawn in. Boom! I realize there are two sides to the story, but my vote is to let the game script decide the spawn location so that you know you'll end up in a free-and-clear spot when you join the game.

+1, the carrier spawns have never been this smooth and I fear if we start choosing spawn slots we're back at even more of "your flight is delayed" or explosions.

+1!

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

+1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

+1

The AI taxi logic is still rough enough that the only way to get things working well is for the mission builder to set spawn locations and active catapults. Especially with Tomcats, who unsweep their wings for a split second before sweeping them, thus causing a collision and fireball with any player/client aircraft that happens to be next to them. It's like playing Russian Roulette because you don't know where the hell the AI will spawn.

SELECT PARKING SPOT FOR COLD START

Oh God yes!!! This is the most illogical thing of DCS. Why on earth is this NOT present?! Having this would eliminate our use of statics to close spawn points, which is like using a cloth wrap to fix a water leak. ED goes as far as giving us ground crew that is animated, tells us what to do, but choose where we can start? “Oh no, that’s going too far!”

dc543da88de01aab805fb1edbde2877d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Edited by Eagle7907
  • Like 1

Win 10, AMD FX9590/water cooled, 32GB RAM, 250GB SSD system, 1TB SSD (DCS installed), 2TB HD, Warthog HOTAS, MFG rudders, Track IR 5, LG Ultrawide, Logitech Speakers w/sub, Fans, Case, cell phone, wallet, keys.....printer

+1

• Like 1

Instagram : @dcs_pics

Specs and modules :

Config :

GTX 1050TI

16GB RAM

RYZEN 7 1700X

HOTAS Saitek X52 PRO

Homemade TrackIR

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Modules and mods :