[MISSION] mission 5 road placement wrong?

LastRifleRound

Wrath of thunder mission 5, you are to recover at a roadside base. The road marked out is lined with telephone poles and therefore impossible to land at. Is this a bug and the road you are supposed to use is elsewhere? No matter how centered my approach, the wings hit one of the poles and I crash.

wait, you are right!

i just checked a video i made of myself playing this mission and the lamps and telephone poles werent there before 2.5.6. they are there now, ED must have modified the map.

these new map objects can be removed with SCENERY REMOVE OBJECTS ZONE trigger action, just tested it.

2.5.5.thumb.PNG.bd1ee690141b15e66d87beadc92c390c.PNG

2.5.6.thumb.png.084d227ce0260cf1aa60798b032ffaae.png

Edited by dorianR666
images

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600X

GPU: AMD RX 580

wait, you are right!

i just checked a video i made of myself playing this mission and the lamps and telephone poles werent there before 2.5.6. they are there now, ED must have modified the map.

these new map objects can be removed with SCENERY REMOVE OBJECTS ZONE trigger action, just tested it.

THANK YOU! I was going nuts with this! I got good enough to get down on the road but I'd inevitably graze one of the poles and severely damage the aircraft. I"ll modify the mission to remove them now.

wait, you are right!

I get an error when I try to save these changes that I can't save my chages

I get an error when I try to save these changes that I can't save my chages

If your DCS is in "C:\Program Files" then you need Administrator's privilege to save files in there. Either run DCS as Administrator (just once to make this change) or save the file somewhere else and copy it outside of DCS (which should ask you for Administrator permission).

• 2 weeks later...

I had the same issue.

Just land further down the road, there is a good spot a few hundret meters to the south. (same road!)

You then need to manoeuver around a truck where the poles begin.

Did cost me some nerves.

HB, move that truck next to the tree out of the way, please!

I also got stuck at the intersection, the road where the support crew is positioned is not

recognized as a road, my Viggen thinks its green land.

Alias in Discord: Mailman

The objects issue has been fixed internally, but we are working on the friction issue with the crossroads. Unfortunately, it is not on our end. Hopefully we will not have to redisign the mission.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The objects issue has been fixed internally, but we are working on the friction issue with the crossroads. Unfortunately, it is not on our end. Hopefully we will not have to redisign the mission.

Does this refer to the friction when landing on road bases? Or by crossroads do you mean something else?

Does this refer to the friction when landing on road bases? Or by crossroads do you mean something else?

No, we are not speaking for all roads.

There is an intersection ( = crossroads) in this specific mission, where the rearming vehicles are postioned.

It is texured as a road, but at one point it has no more road mechanic, but behaves like grass instead ( = very sticky! )

@Jediteo

Another posibility would be to position the "BAS90 guys" just at the earlier intersection from where you come after landing.

A little to the south, where the road is that leads to the ammo depot.

I know, its not such a nice dead-end, but the road works fine there...

+ move the truck at the end/threshold of the original strip

+ use the same road a little more south, where the treeline is on one side (far enough away) if you can not get rid of the poles.

-> mission will work.

I achived the mission fine, by very carfully taxiing around the truck (F2 view) and rearming as soon as beeing in the perimeter of the airfield,

turning around one intersection early, and leaving again...

Alias in Discord: Mailman

• 2 weeks later...

Have same problem impossible to land. Issue is that when trying to edit the mission there already are zones remove 1 remove 2 ... that seem there to take care of this but the objects stay there along the road anyway :(

• 2 years later...

Hi,

Sorry but I think I've got a major issue in this mission..

Issue being obviously between the seat and the stick of the plane.

I'm supposed to divert and land at "Road base Alpha near Sukhumi"...

Wellllllll... I've got a few things to say..

1/ Sukhumi is deep inside Russian held territory.. it's even beyond my target!

2/ On the main road next to Sukhumi there's a convoy on the main road... it's an enemy convoy.. and they are not friendly!

3/ When I start the mission or even after I got the strike done, there's no any blue vehicles next to Sukhumi!

So.. where is that damn base? 🙂 Is it more likely Senaki no?

Thanks a lot!