Combined Arms Mod: Rework

Hello DCS Community!

The last couple of days I've started to polish the DCS: Combined Arms module. My first attempt to run a prototype of this project was to create a 2D interior for the M2A2 Bradley and make the visuals more appealing. My problem is that the vanilla setting looks very arcade, Rework is my answer to that problem.

To create the first prototype I had to understand the lua files, get reference (how the interior looks), model it in Blender, texture it in Substance Painter and do the "coding" in lua. Also the color of the crosshair has been changed and a new TOW crosshair has been added!

A showcase of the prototype on youtube:

The next step would be to modify the sounds. I will do that in the next week.

Planned replacement of sounds: Bushmaster, Coax Gun, Engine

After I've finished the Bradley I will move on to the M1A2 Abrams and the Stryker.

When these are done I will however redo the interiors and polish them in the second pass. Basically an Alpha version to get out of the prototype state.

The interior view will also show where the turret and vehicle is facing but this is not done just yet. The zoom mode will hide this information.

I decided to make this mod public in the future so if someone likes it and wants to have it.

If the interests is high enough please help me to get further references of vehicles like for example the LAV-25. It is extremly tough to gather references of some vehicles out there so I would appreciate some help in case you are interested! Just post it in this thread here. I do own Steel Beasts Pro PE and I get inspired from it however some interiors are also missing there.

Also post feedback and suggestions in this thread!

The first release of the prototype will be next week, however in case someone has suggestions I decided to open the thread a little earlier. This is also my first mod for DCS (however I did a voice ATC mod some month ago which will also be released shortly) so I will hopefully get better and can also work on some cool features for CA. At least I hope so!

Thanks!

I would like to add a low rate of fire to the bushmaster (based on real data).

It has already been in the corresponding lua file

"GT_t.LN_t.automatic_gun_25mm.PL[1].shot_delay_lofi = 60/100; -- lo-rate mode 100 rpm".

It was disabled though. The problem is that I don't know how to switch rate of fire. Is there even a way to do it? If not would it be possible to add this feature via code? I'm never realy sure where DCS modding limits are.

Also I was thinking if I could make a clickable interior like in Steel Beasts? The PPI has a clickable UI but the way of doing it seems a little frustrating... though I found out how, haven't tested it yet and I may run into problems when doing it.

A 3D Interior would be even better but sadly I am not that good in coding.

Edited by Scheintot887

The only thing you can do with CA code is to create a second launcher with the RPM you wish. But you can't switch ROF on the same launcher.

I work a lot on CA UI too, creating optics and screens for various FrenchPack vehicles. I too have a full 3D Leclerc interior, but as I'm not a real coder, I'm not finishing it as it would be nothing else than unpractical eye candy, as nor TIR nor VR work with CA.

Nicolas

AMX 10RCR gunner : Screen-200907-135428.png

AMX-10RCR commander : Screen-200907-135442.png

VBCI/VBAE gunner : Screen-200907-135507.png

ATGM sight : Screen-200907-135521.png

Leclerc commander : Screen-200907-135533.png

"Driver view" : Screen-200907-135547.png

Driver view zoom : Screen-200907-135552.png

Edited by dimitriov

Thanks for this mod!

I would really love to use it but since I have 3 monitors (surround) the view inside the CA vehicles is a disaster... :cry::mad:(pics attached).

anything you know that can be done to configure this view to be able to use also your mod?

Many thanks!!

CA2.jpg

CA.jpg

Callsign   SETUP

• 9 months later...