SELECT PARKING SPOT FOR COLD START

Avalanche110

This +1000!

So all I talk about here is meant for single player for now. MP might be another side of the medal though.

There are 16 parking locations (+4 with the cats) on the SC as you can see in the actual manual on page 83.

So why for gods sake we cannot choose on which position we can place Player/Client and AI like at a normal airfield???? :huh:

It is so annoying to always spawn in the middle of the deck (position 1 by the manual).

You simply cannot place AI (more than 3 with cold start on ramp) cause they will crash taxi into you when they want to reach cats 1+2. :joystick:

At least if it is for whatever reason so hard to implement, make the stock spawn position for Player (so in SP mode) position 5 or 6 and not in the middle of the deck. :pilotfly:

Has there at all been any response about this matter by ED?

This has been asked for several times on different sub-forums here and so far I haven't seen any response from ED.

It's beyond me how such a basic feature like this has not been implemented at EA release. Is it really so complicated to add the option to select a specific ramp start location? I mean, the functionality and AI pathing are all there. In addition we should also be able to switch on and off which cats are in use. The absence of these functionalities are a big BIG miss on the otherwise great SC module.

While I assume this is all still WIP, some conformation from ED would be reassuring.

The need of placing static objects to block spawn locations is really silly and causes all kind of other issues, such as AI taxiing straight through these AI objects and heavy performance issues.

For the time being, please give us some sort of invisible static object to block spawn locations, while working on proper implementation. This would at least solve the issues described above and would not force us lesser ME gods into scripting.

• Like 2

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

+1

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

• 3 weeks later...

+1

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk Pro

Simulatori: DCS A-10C II Warthog - DCS F/A-18C Hornet - DCS F-16C - VRS F/A-18E - 
HOTAS: TM Warthog - Cougar \ HP Reverb G2 \ WinWing Panels

Tally: I see the degenerate commie who wants to ruin our day.

+1000. Can anyone think of any reason why this is a bad idea? There has to be a reason why this was not implemented?

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

• 2 months later...

It's been a few (5) months since the SC was released and this wish thread was born. Surely it shouldn't be too much work to grant us this wish :worthy: (said the simple mechanical engineer in me)

But seriously, isn't this just low hanging fruit ED?

The lack of this simple option doesn't do justice to this otherwise great module :(

Please at least grace us with a response

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

• ED Team

Not planned currently sorry.

The super carrier and the way the spawns currently work require the supercarrier to set the spawn points automatically.

Thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I have to say I'm very disappointed to read this. Really not what I was hoping for...

I don't understand why something as significant as this has not been and, apparently, can't be implemented.

Being able to manually select any of the parking spots, should have been as easy as selecting a ramp start location on a land based airfield.

Still, thank you for your response BN :thumbup:

I guess now at least we know, we don't have to wait for the day that we don't have to fill up the deck with performance heavy static objects, just to be able to start somewhere else than the "sixpack" :(

• Like 1

System specs:

From this news, clearly SC was developed for pleasing the MP perspective. Saying it “can’t be done” while in its current state allowing the AI to graciously collide into the player while starting on the six pack speaks volume. Very disappointing. I guess for a true functioning simulation of a CAG is to join a vCAG.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1

Win 10, AMD FX9590/water cooled, 32GB RAM, 250GB SSD system, 1TB SSD (DCS installed), 2TB HD, Warthog HOTAS, MFG rudders, Track IR 5, LG Ultrawide, Logitech Speakers w/sub, Fans, Case, cell phone, wallet, keys.....printer

Not planned currently sorry.

The super carrier and the way the spawns currently work require the supercarrier to set the spawn points automatically.

Thanks

As much as I feel that the original post is an excellent idea, I can live with the way it is now but with one exception. Could ED make it so that when a mission builder places a client operated plane on the carrier for a "ramp start", it doesn't spawn on the catapult? When this happens, you are sitting there in a cold dark plane with the chocks in place, launch bar down and in tension, and the Shooter is twirling his hand in the air! You can't get the crew chief to remove the chocks (I suppose because the launch bar is down) and you can't raise the launch bar because it is already in tension. The only way out of this that I have found is to hit ESC and choose another slot. It doesn't seem like a very difficult thing for ED to do to just not allow "ramp start" a/c to spawn on any of the catapults.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=282814

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

A good work around for this is to add a spawn delay for the player. The position you spawn in depends on what slot is currently available at that moment. I think the way it handles it is fine for MP. Forcing a spawn point could create problems for MP. As it is now, you can have an essentially unlimited number of slots on the carrier but only a max of 16 (on initial server start) or 12 aircraft max at any given time after mission start.

That being said, a work around for not being able to choose a spawn location in SP. You use late activate on a time delay.

Say you want to take postion 16 of the super carrier (at the very back) for your mission. You simply have 15 AI either uncontrolled or active on the deck. After that, with a 1 second delay via trigger. Late activate the player. And you'll be on the 16th parking position. 

Another example, if you want to be on number 2 elevator and no aircraft parked infront of you in positions 1-4. Late activate the player 1 sec after mission start and on a 2 sec delay afrer mission start to spawn the rest of the aircraft on deck.

It's not realistic and you'll start the mission in the F-10 map with a "flight is delayed" message on the top right. But with good trigger usage you can essentially put yourself in any of the parking positions you want. The only position you cant choose is 2-4 as those can only be accessed if you spawn on mission start. I know it sounds clunky but until this becomes a proper feature atleast there is a way to do it.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

In DCS 2.7, any player controlled aircraft gained the ability to start from the ground, allowing you to place aircraft wherever you wanted to place them.

Now the funny thing is, if you beach the carrier, with a portion of the flight deck overhanging the land, then if you use the start from ground setting, you can place your aircraft anywhere on that portion and it will spawn as you expect (i.e up on deck). Working in basically the same way as linked static objects (but without the need to link).

The problem is, there's a restriction in the mission editor, that prevents you from placing aircraft on water and on steep inclines (and also non-amphibious vehicles in water too). Theoretically, if you removed the restriction (or made them optional), and just left it up to the mission designer to place things in sensible places, it would work correctly.

The issue though, because this requires beaching the aircraft carrier, I can't test it while moving.

I did a related thread about it a few months back, which can be found here.

Edited by Northstar98
  • Like 2

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I personnaly think that it is a good idea, but for now I would rather prefer the ability to cancel the lauch on the Cat if we have some issues and have to repair something. Because now the only possibility is to switch to "spectator" and then respawn in another aircraft, very annoying...

Oh and yes, as another member already tell in another post, if we could chosse in the Mission Editior which Cat are in service or not, it would be really great. Just for realistic view, like if you want to fill all the Bow with static aircraft to simulate a parking area, you'll always have some ground crew wainting at Cat 1 & 2 for some launch...

Can't wait to see the future update concerning the SC (briefing room, ground crew that leads you to the right Cat, ...). If we'll have the ability to leave the briefing room and walk to our aircraft, it coulb be another level in term of immersion ! But it needs to make the unspawn aircraft seeable. (same idea for airport could be great too)

Edited by El_Bonzonito

• 2 weeks later...

+1

• PC Specs: Intel i7 9700, Nvidia RTX 2080S, Corsair 64G DDR4, MSI B360M Mortar Titanium, Intel 760P M.2 256GB SSD + Samsung 1TB SSD, Corsair RM650x
  • Flight Gears: Logitech X56 HOTAS & Flight Rudder Pedals, HP Reverb G2
  • Modules: F-14A/B, F-15C, F-16C, F/A-18C, AV-8B, A-10C I/II, Supercarrier, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria

Project: Operation Hormuz [F/A-18C Multiplayer Campaign]