New Hornet features videos by Wags

Eldur

For those who haven't seen them yet; since he didn't update the mini-updates yet, I'll just link the videos in here. He'll most probably post them in that thread with some extra descriptions soon.

-------- Edit: Added LITENING update ---------------------------

Edited by Eldur

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

I would like to know if the targets targeted by Air to Ground Radar can be synchronized with the Targeting Pod.
You can create an AG designation with the radar, so the TPOD should slave to it.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

Exciting stuff! Today's patch looks like it will be a good one.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Q: would be possible to control terminal SLAM phase from another aircraft?

Eventually, yes. The Walleye, SLAM, and and SLAM-ER all have the ability to have a buddy control it via the datalink pod. We don't currently have this in-game.

Mini update thread updated by NL with these vids now.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Eventually, yes. The Walleye, SLAM, and and SLAM-ER all have the ability to have a buddy control it via the datalink pod. We don't currently have this in-game.

It's possible in the Jeff. Forcing to match the channel number to the slam station seems a bad idea if there are several slam launchers in a MP server

It's possible in the Jeff. Forcing to match the channel number to the slam station seems a bad idea if there are several slam launchers in a MP server

Unless the launching aircraft identifier is added, as a prefix/suffix to the station number, unseen to the pilot.

Unless the launching aircraft identifier is added, as a prefix/suffix to the station number, unseen to the pilot.
that's not how the real system works, and that would not provide a solution to control SLAMs launched by other platforms. Im pretty sure that in the real thing the channel can be set manually.

Regards

Well i´m not an expert but maybe it works like this.

Datalink provides a selection of various channels. Lets say eight for example.

And the SLAM (or other munition) can operate on any of those channels.

So you can launch a SLAM in channel 2, and other aircraft can guide that weapon with his pod on channel 2

And i have to add, it seem that you can only guide one SLAM at a time.

Wich again, seem very limited

Maybe it was like that IRL, since it seems to be a mix from Walleye and other things

Edited by Renko

In such a state it is nothing exciting, it is not suitable for anything. Only such a novelty that something is already there. But this is undoubtedly a step forward. It is a pity that TWS still has so many problems.

Edited by padonis

• ED Team
before we get EXP1 and EXP2 the radar is only for mapping. you wont see any target with it.

Dear Tom,

You are quite correct. This is the rather coarse MAP (real beam mapping) mode. Later, EXP1, EX2, and EXP3 sub-modes will be added with increasing beam resolution.

For MAP mode, it is useful for large geographic features.

Thank you and kind regards,

Matt

In such a state it is nothing exciting, it is not suitable for anything. Only such a novelty that something is already there. But this is undoubtedly a step forward. It is a pity that TWS still has so many problems.

step by step man. Before we get the advanced targeting stuff, we have to get this Mapping functionality. They could have kept it in the oven until they get the EXPx modes, but that would be a pity.

I am happy to have this map function. it gives me confidence that in the comming weeks or months, we can see the ground radar complete.

Dear Tom,

You are quite correct. This is the rather coarse MAP (real beam mapping) mode. Later, EXP1, EX2, and EXP3 sub-modes will be added with increasing beam resolution.

For MAP mode, it is useful for large geographic features.

Thank you and kind regards,

Matt

thanks Wags!