Want to get out of the cockpit !

ex81

As it say in the headline, after landing on carrier or airfield and after shot down, I`d like to get out of the pit just like all KI-pilots do.

All I can do now ,is ask for the wheel ckokes.

What goes up, must come down !

Intel Core i7-8700, 16 GB-RAM, Nvidia GTX 1060, 6 GB GDDR5, 1TB HDD, 500 GB 970 EVO Plus NVMe M.2 SSD, Windows 10/64, A10-C, Rhino X55, Persian Golf, F/A-18 Hornet

We would likely be able to do that with the supercarrier to some extent.

I can only think of one now. Eject while you are still on the carrier and walk around.

Edited by Eaglewings

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

I make it a habit to always land and shutdown on any mission, just to give me the experience of always landing (and thereby getting better at it) and performing standard shutdown to end the mission. I would REALLY love to be able to exit the cockpit after all done.

Rig: Alienware Aurora R9 - 9th Gen Core i7 9700K 4.6GHz 8 Cores | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GDDR6 | 2TB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD | 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO SL DDR4 3200MHz XMP 2.0 | LG Series80 QNED 50in 4K 120hz | TM Warthog HOTAS w/F-18 grip | Logitech G Pro RP | TM Cougar MFDs | TrackIR 5 Pro | VR: Oculus Quest 2 |

Modules: FC3 | F/A-18C | F-16C | A-10C II | F-14 | M-2000C | AV-8B | F-5E | JF-17 | P-51D | KA-50iii | UH-1H | AH-64D | Supercarrier | Combined Arms | Nevada | Persian Gulf | Syria | Normandy | Chanel |

All I can do now ,is ask for the wheel ckokes.

In some aircraft (e.g. the A-10C) you can also deploy the boarding ladder.

And then there's always the option to eject which then allows you to walk freely around your aircraft :music_whistling:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

The Mustang and Spitfire let you climb out and walk around. It's very clunky, but it's possible; I'm not sure about the Germy warbirds ;) Control stick regulates walking and rudder pedals direction your body is facing, head moves with view direction.

When you open the canopy on the Harrier and the Hornet the ladders/climb-in assistance deploy; no idea about the other aircraft, but I don't see why it shouldn't be allowed.

BTW there is no climb-out graphic, your avatar simply pops out onto the wing in the case of the warbirds.

It would of course be very cool if you could also climb into your aircraft, which might be coming with the super carrier module.

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

oh yea id absolutely love the immersion to be able to start as a pilot on ground ( or on carrier deck) and be able to physically see the animation of climbing in (and vice versa) out from a cockpit.

Although not necessary for dcs it is certainly a nice to have feature for immersion. One that i would appreciate.

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

The Mustang and Spitfire let you climb out and walk around. It's very clunky, but it's possible; I'm not sure about the Germy warbirds ;) Control stick regulates walking and rudder pedals direction your body is facing, head moves with view direction.

When you open the canopy on the Harrier and the Hornet the ladders/climb-in assistance deploy; no idea about the other aircraft, but I don't see why it shouldn't be allowed.

BTW there is no climb-out graphic, your avatar simply pops out onto the wing in the case of the warbirds.

It would of course be very cool if you could also climb into your aircraft, which might be coming with the super carrier module.

Well, you can bail out... the warbirds don't have an ejection seat, thus it may look a little more natural there. But as far as I know there is no getting back in or such.

Well, you can bail out... the warbirds don't have an ejection seat, thus it may look a little more natural there. But as far as I know there is no getting back in or such.

There is a key-bind for entering a cockpit, but of course, just like the hundreds of other threads which have been dangling for years it does nothing and ED has had no plans to either do something with it or just remove it, until maybe just maybe now with the Super Carrier. Maybe we will finally get the ability to walk from the ready room to a waiting aircraft and actually climb in... maybe.

Edited by Captain Orso

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, getting in and out of the cockpit would be great for immersion. Maybe some additional animations for pre-flight check on the ground as well.

Phanteks EvolvX / Win 11 / i9 12900K / MSI Z690 Carbon / MSI Suprim RTX 3090 / 64GB G.Skill Trident Z  DDR5-6000 / 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD / 2TB PCIe 3.0 NVMe SSD / 2TB SATA SSD / 1TB SATA SSD / Alphacool Eisbaer Aurora Pro 360 / beQuiet StraightPower 1200W

RSEAT S1 / VPC T50 CM2 + 300mm extension + Realsimulator F18 CGRH / VPC WarBRD + TM Warthog grip / WinWing F/A-18 Super Taurus / 4x TM Cougar MFD / TM TPR / HP Reverb G2

• 2 weeks later...

All I imagine is an idiot getting into the wrong plane on deck and not getting out.

Substitute "idiot" for "troll" whenever you like.

Owned: Ryzen 3900x, MSI AMD 470x mobo, 32gb 3200MHz ram, Gtx 1660 Ti, 970 Evo Plus 500GB, MsFFB2, TIR5, TMWH+18c Stick, MFG Crosswinds, Buttkicker/SSA, WinWing F-18C . Next is VR for simpit

Art Of The Kill:

We would likely be able to do that with the supercarrier to some extent.

I can only think of one now. Eject while you are still on the carrier and walk around.

Something would have to change for that to be possible. As it is now you just sink through the deck, get chopped up by the props and drown.

Maybe that will change with the SC.

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10