Steam release?

acare84

No Glowing Amraam video on Steam? That video is a real money maker and it can create a whole lot of new sim enthusiasts. The D2D version uses another music (I guess legal issues with original one), can't this be done in Steam too?

Hah, I gotta agree - that trailer really was the game-seller for me. I've also used it to sell the game to like three other people as well.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I've had A-10 since BETA.

Am I able to activate it on steam? Or do I need to buy another copy to have the steam version?

You'd have to buy another copy if you want the 'steam version'. You can use the 'add a non-steam game' if you'd just like to have it listed with in your Steam games library rather than re-buying and re-downloading another copy of the game.

... that trailer really was the game-seller for me ...

Precisely what sold me on DCS: BS a month or so ago, Fun with Trains if I recall correctly.

I saw the announcement on ED twitter, was a little miffed about the non-availability here in the UK, but I can wait.

The reason I purchase via Steam is guaranteed bandwidth, lack of invasive copy protection and auto-patching. I just read the thread on overclockers that mentioned the 4-day period for BS when it hit Steam. Here's hoping its similarly resolved in this case, I want to get my hands on that GAU-8/A! :music_whistling:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team
No Glowing Amraam video on Steam? That video is a real money maker and it can create a whole lot of new sim enthusiasts. The D2D version uses another music (I guess legal issues with original one), can't this be done in Steam too?

Correct, my video can't be put up on Steam, unless the music is changed or removed completely.

I don't know who changed the music for the D2D version though, as I have not been asked for permission to do so.

So I've had A-10 since BETA.

Am I able to activate it on steam? Or do I need to buy another copy to have the steam version?

I've looked through the announcements, FAQ, etc but can't seem to find out.

Thanks.

Here's the Steam resource for that feature.

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=7480-wusf-3601

As you can see, DCS A-10C is not on that list. To have a "Steam-active" copy, you would need to purchase a copy of DCS via Steam. As has been mentioned, though, you can still have it in the games list through manually entering shortcuts.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Correct, my video can't be put up on Steam, unless the music is changed or removed completely.

I don't know who changed the music for the D2D version though, as I have not been asked for permission to do so.

Buddy, you should try to resolve those matters with ED. Perhaps search for free licensed music, or whatever, but try for ED to use those videos as 100% official (you should get money from youtube, or even from ED, at least in species lol). Right now, I'm not really sure those are official, unofficial, unofficially official or officially unofficial :D

I really think your work is important not just to ED but for the simulator community. Those videos are magnets.

Edited by Distiler

AMD Ryzen 1400 // 16 GB DDR4 2933Mhz // Nvidia 1060 6GB // W10 64bit // Microsoft Sidewinder Precision 2

I have a question about StarForce activations for key - do they restore one by one after every 31 days? Or I'll have to contact ED for resetting the activations for my key or even request the new key?

And yes, I'm asking for Steam version.

Edited by SmukY

Helicopters don't fly, they just subdue the air.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I have a question about StarForce activations for key - do they restore one by one after every 31 days? Or I'll have to contact ED for resetting the activations for my key or even request the new key?

If you have used up all activations, one will be restored after the waiting period.

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

Only one activation? Well, I got this quote from somewhere on the Internet:

I also like what I heard about the copy protection that it will use. DCS A-10 Warthog will use a new form of StarForce ProActive AAA Technology. You’ll start with 8 activations linked to your serial number, and to combat piracy it will limit the number of activations per month, but once you’ve spent your 8 activations, it will then begin to add an activation back to your serial number once every 31 days.

As far as I understand, if you manage to use up all activations, then they should come one by one every 31 days until they reach the maximum number of activations?

Helicopters don't fly, they just subdue the air.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Only one activation? Well, I got this quote from somewhere on the Internet:

As far as I understand, if you manage to use up all activations, then they should come one by one every 31 days until they reach the maximum number of activations?

No, only one, AFAIK.

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

its a cert that ED are working on it.

Initially black shark was not available via to the UK. After negotiating that issue with valve. Was the eventuall release of black shark worth while in terms of sales and broadening the release to the UK ??? its a fair question i believe and are ED hopefull of reaching there goal which i presume is to sell to the uk market as well.

Edited by Ali Fish

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

its a cert that ED are working on it.

I can only hope.

I dont know why ED have been soo reluctant with Steam anyway.

Originally when BS was released, I am sure they posted on here saying Steam was not suitable for them.

I really thought A-10c would have been released on Steam alongside the original launch.

Yes, I am aware they make more money selling it themselves, hence the delay but I know some who have not purchased at all owing to this decision.

Any news on this coming to a resolution?

All news/press announcements are posted in the Official Updates Forum. At present, the latest news on the matter is the Press release dd 21/04/2011:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=72570

I hasten to add that I am well aware that you are conversant with the content of that release - Merely my intent to confirm what should already be evident, ie ED very rarely, if ever, discuss Internal marketing strategy. Should an exception be made in this instance, then you can be sure that it will be posted in the afore-mentioned forum: If not, the press release stands as the status quo.

One thing is however certain: Repeatedly enquiring on the forums is not going to take the matter any further.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

All news/press announcements are posted in the Official Updates Forum. At present, the latest news on the matter is the Press release dd 21/04/2011:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=72570

I hasten to add that I am well aware that you are conversant with the content of that release - Merely my intent to confirm what should already be evident, ie ED very rarely, if ever, discuss Internal marketing strategy. Should an exception be made in this instance, then you can be sure that it will be posted in the afore-mentioned forum: If not, the press release stands as the status quo.

One thing is however certain: Repeatedly enquiring on the forums is not going to take the matter any further.

I can understand that, but its a bit like being in limbo.

Buy or don't buy via conventional copy? I'm prepared to give ED my money but would rather buy via Steam. I don't want to find WH available via Steam a week after I've bought a box copy that I'll then have to manually patch for eternity.

Oh well :(

Any new news?

To date, no new news, no.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

• 2 months later...