AV8B Harrier II RL videos

mvsgas

Do we have an Av8B RL video thread? Did not see one

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

B3OIP-XQrRg

Edited by mvsgas

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

To whom it may concern,

To whom it may concern,

ziCDqapMayA

Edited by mvsgas

To whom it may concern,

5Li9dziE6vM

Edited by mvsgas

To whom it may concern,

Edited by mvsgas

To whom it may concern,

Thanks, lets find more :)

Edited by mvsgas

To whom it may concern,

Must be unnerving to work on LHA/LHD/CVN at night. Looks like no lights are use except for NVG lights. I would fall of the side of the ship or constantly run into things.

__aT7p4qejQ

5_zARLVQvzI

To whom it may concern,

To whom it may concern,

Edited by mvsgas

To whom it may concern,

To whom it may concern,

I've always been intrigued by the practical application of using DCS as a tool for learning Instrument flying, just like XP11 and P3D (but we all know the engine in DCS is superior :P). I found these videos very useful in developing a profile for PAR or ILS approach in the Harrier. Keep in mind this is in the TAV-8B, but I think getting a profile together in terms of speed, alt, nozzle pos, flap pos, gear, etc can be used from this. Every approach will be slightly different due to ATC instructions, traffic, environmental conditions, type of landing etc, but this gives us a good idea of how and when things are done on an instrument approach. I think the lack of AWLS symbology has to do with it being a PAR approach. Those sound like a ton of fun from what my military buddy tells me who was a controller.

Some things I noticed on the approach:

Intercept the final approach course at 1600 feet, 210 knots. Gear comes down when intercepting, nozzle comes back to 25-30 degrees, Flaps VSTOL, Water on, slow to 170. Just a little over 5 miles out at the FAF, start descent ~800-1000FPM, nozzle to 35 degrees, speed 140. 2.0 miles out, ~700ft AGL rwy in sight. ~400ft AGL nozzle to 60 speed 110. 200ft AGL nozzle to 75. then reduces slightly to 70 degrees - speed 80. Touchdown at 65 knots, nozzles to 10, then to 35 degrees for the touch and go.

Let me know what you guys notice!

Part 1:

Part 2:

• Like 1

sendaero

twitch

youtube

DfVc7nL6lls

To whom it may concern,

To whom it may concern,

To whom it may concern,

To whom it may concern,

To whom it may concern,

• 5 months later...

ZhRhEoeJ1Zk?start=115

Most of this TGP shots are in HTS mode and area track.

Edited by mvsgas

To whom it may concern,

To whom it may concern,

Aj2nEBR0COc

To whom it may concern,

To whom it may concern,