Invisible missile pylons on Mirage 2000C!

carss

All of a sudden I have seen that all the pylons that carry missiles are invisible for the M2000C, so now it appears as if all the missiles are floating under the wing. However the pylons of the fuel tanks are still visible.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Planes: FC3, P-51, F-86, F-5E, Mirage 2000, F/A-18, F-14, F-16, Mig-19P :joystick:

ED pls gib A-4 and F-4 :cry:

This is normally due to loadouts using the 'old' missiles (the ones that have been part of DCS World for ages), rather than the 'new' ones.

Re-arming manually should work; the new configuration only allows the new ones, which have 'Matra' at the start of their names. You might want to edit/recreate your saved loadouts.

No it wasn't happening a while back, it's started happening only recently.

What do you mean by a while back and recently?

The change was made a few weeks ago, IIRC. Which might be 'recent' depending on how often you play and/or how often you update the module.

Also the default payloads are specified in the mission file, so if you're playing on someone else's missions (e.g. on a server, or downloaded from the forums etc.) then you might see (?) the invisible pylons sometimes, but not others, depending on if the payload had been recreated in those specific missions.

What do you mean by a while back and recently?

The change was made a few weeks ago, IIRC. Which might be 'recent' depending on how often you play and/or how often you update the module.

Also the default payloads are specified in the mission file, so if you're playing on someone else's missions (e.g. on a server, or downloaded from the forums etc.) then you might see (?) the invisible pylons sometimes, but not others, depending on if the payload had been recreated in those specific missions.

I guess that update is it. And I use all default payloads. And why is this happening in the new update? I have my own created missions and default payloads. Can this be fixed in the next update?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Planes: FC3, P-51, F-86, F-5E, Mirage 2000, F/A-18, F-14, F-16, Mig-19P :joystick:

I guess that update is it. And I use all default payloads. And why is this happening in the new update? I have my own created missions and default payloads. Can this be fixed in the next update?

Payloads are stored in your user profile directory, so they aren't overwritten when the game is updated. This is normally a good thing, but they made a fundamental change to how the loadouts work (loading a missile on one hardpoint automatically loads the same missile on the corresponding hardpoint on the other wing) and the pylons in use, so the old payload configurations don't work properly anymore.

Easiest way to fix it will probably be to just go through your payloads in the mission editor and re-assign the missiles. That way it'll be saved with the new settings.

Uh?

Could you describe with a bit more details please?

- 1.5.3 or 2.0?

- what missile (exact name)?

- which fuel tank or A-to-G weapons?

Nota:

If 2.0 and/or using non "Matra" missiles => you are using outdated things, try on 1.5.3

spacer.png

Uh?

Could you describe with a bit more details please?

- 1.5.3 or 2.0?

- what missile (exact name)?

- which fuel tank or A-to-G weapons?

Nota:

If 2.0 and/or using non "Matra" missiles => you are using outdated things, try on 1.5.3

I'm using regular 1.5.3, and well basically the thing is, when I carry any air to air missile, and nothing else, you can see the pylons that carry these missiles.

If I fly with any 4 air to air missiles and a centerline tank, the pylons carrying the missiles become invisible, but not the pylons of the tank. The same thing happens when I carry a mix of bombs and missiles. The pylons carrying the bombs are visible, but not the ones carrying the air to air missiles

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]