2015 Mustang Racing Series!

Shahdoh

Get those Merlin's tuned up! The 2015 Mustang Racing season is about to start!

Will you be crowned DCS World's Mustang Racing Champion? 6 different courses to challenge you and your machine.

1st race of the season will be at the Virtual Aerobatics 2nd Anniversary Air Show on the 15th of February, 2015.

Stayed tuned for more info.

You can preview the race courses on Shahdoh's Racing Practice Server.

Edited by Shahdoh

Can't wait for this :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Member of AEF | 161 SQN

3D Modeler, Texture Artist, Designer, Flight Simmer:joystick:

Check out my liveries :http://www.jrolfedesign.com/texture.html

PC Specs:i7 3770k @ 4.3Ghz, EVGA GTX1080ti Black Edition, 16GB Adata XPG 2133Mhz, 1x 128GB SSD [OS and work programs], 1x 240GB SSD [DCS World install], 1x 2TB HDD [Data and games], 1x 500GB HDD [Video recording], VKB Gladiator Joystick

Can we enter 109's and Fw 190's in the race also?

Ask Jesus for Forgiveness before you takeoff :pilotfly:!

PC=Win 10 HP 64 bit, Gigabyte Z390, Intel I5-9600k, 32 gig ram, Nvidia 2060 Super 8gig video. TM HOTAS WARTHOG with Saitek Pedals

For this season at least, I intend to only use the Tf-51 Mustang for the following reasons. It keeps the playing field even, its free to everyone and it takes knowledge and skill to make the Mustang perform at its peak with the risk of pushing it to hard and breaking the engine. The 6 courses offer a wide variety of racing from Red Bull styled short courses to a 114 mile canyon run. Within the next week I will be posting the rules and registration for this years racing season.

PS: Will be streaming all the racing live on Twitch (The VA Air show race may end up being simulcast on Livestream and Twitch, details yet to be worked out).

Yep, with enough interest, opens up the possibilities to include any aircraft in the game(preferably PFMs). Also, with enough experience in building and balancing the courses, eventually mixing the aircraft in a series, pilots would then choose which aircraft to fly for the whole series, knowing their particular aircraft will not be strongest in each and every race.

Maybe you could make a mission on a dedicaced server, to make discover buddies what is air races ;-) ;-) ;-)

I should be glad to try such a thing. (just for fun and the dedicaced skin liveries )

i7-10700KF CPU  3.80GHz - 32 GO Ram - - nVidia RTX 2070 -  SSD Samsung EVO with LG  TV screen 40"  in 3840x2150 -  cockpit scale 1:1

- MS FFB2 Joystick  - COUGAR F16 throttle  - Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals

This is a great idea! This would be an easy question for me to investigate for myself but I'll ask it here. Is the template for the TF-51 the same as for the P-51? I have a Miss America skin that I made for the P-51 and it would be cool if I could drop it in the TF-51 liveries without editing it.

http://www.youtube.com/user/311Gryphon

i7-8700, 32 GB DDR4 3000, GTX 1080 TI 11GB, 240 GB SSD, 2TB HDD, Dual (sometimes Triple) monitor, TM Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, TrackIR

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Snowsniper,

Yes, I have a dedicated server running the mission that contains all the courses that will be ran in the series. Most aircraft are air starts near the course, others are hot starts, for quick access to the tracks. Do note, any aircraft can fly any course on the map. The server name is Shahdoh's Racing Practice Server. Rules and administration mirror that of the Virtual Aerobatics server.

311Gryphon,

yes, all P51D skins work just as well on the TF-51. Just copy/put the skins in the TF51's livery folder, no changes required.

Will be creating some Race promo media this weekend and will have the rules and registration up shortly thereafter.

/Salute

Shahdoh

I've tried it. Batumi's race. Quite fun.

difficult in short turn. It didn't track my time laps, maybe i was too high for a gate or two.

I should retry one more time.

Could be great fun with other racers ( i was alone on server )

it should be easier to print tracks or have on kneeboard the complete track ( same as in game )

I'll come back on that server to practice.

Do you thing it could be possible to have gate with number on it or différent colours to help ?

i7-10700KF CPU  3.80GHz - 32 GO Ram - - nVidia RTX 2070 -  SSD Samsung EVO with LG  TV screen 40"  in 3840x2150 -  cockpit scale 1:1

- MS FFB2 Joystick  - COUGAR F16 throttle  - Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals

For right now, to get things started, I want to use only in game items. The only non standard items being the skins as they are simpler to install and do not affect the game install in any way. Eventually might get into mods that include custom pylons and other scenery items for the racing.

As such, as far as learning the navigation of the courses, it just takes a few times and then you no longer need things like gate numbers or colors to help you find your way. The kneeboard thing would be cool, but a lot of the courses have you so busy turning, you really don't have time to look down at a kneeboard to determine where to go next. As with real pilots, need to study the course and practice. No one is expected to run top times on these courses right out the box.

I am glad you enjoyed the server, I find that the racing gets a bit.. addictive in nature as you start looking for that faster line around the course. Add more pilots in the mix and the fun is just getting started.

/Salute

The Batumi 2013 course is still my favourite. For some reason I'm much faster in the Kurfürst than in the TF-51D but that might have to do with me not having set my controls properly for that aircraft.

I'm in the ~2:49min regime in the Kurfürst after 4 runs and 3:00ish for the TF-51D Mustang. I remember flying times around 2:47min in the P-51D Mustang last year so I think it's the controls that keep me from reaching that in the TF-51. Will have to revisit the server tomorrow.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X | Mobo: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Pro | RAM: 64GB DDR4 3600 G.Skill TridentZ | GPU: Palit RTX3080 Ti 12GB | SSDs: 2xSabrent Rocket 1TB M.2 | Samsung Pro 256GB | Samsung EVO 850 500GB | Samsung QVO 1TB 

Peripherals: Warthog HOTAS | TrackIR 5 | MFG Crosswinds | 3xTM Cougar MFDs | HP Reverb G2

• 3 weeks later...

Looking to recruit some help for the series to help run the show. Prefer people with 200ms or less ping times to a western US based server.

Positions needed:

Announcer (1-2)

Race official (can also help as safety official)

Safety Official (1-3 to help the pilots with the positions of other aircraft to avoid collisions)

These people will need to be available on race day (3rd Sunday of each month at 1700 GMT) and if possible on race practice days (every non-race Sunday at the same time).

If interested in helping out, please PM me.

Thanks

H'lo All,

I have some great news to announce! The 2015 Mustang Racing Series has picked up a couple of sponsors.

VEAO Simulations has kindly offered to donate some prizes to the winner and runner up of the racing series!

For the winner of the series we have a Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS set!

In addition the runner up for the series will get a TrackIR5 Pro!

If the winner or runner up already has one of these prizes VEAO has kindly agreed to give 5 modules from the VEAO range to the winner and 3 to the runner up! So there should be something for everyone!

Also, Hitman, in association with LockOnFiles (Premier website for mods and skins for DCS) is rewarding an aircraft module to the winner of each race in the series.

The Boomerang - Su-27 for DCS World

Batumi - DCS: P-51D Mustang

The Gudauta Loop - F-15C for DCS World

Abu Dhabi - DCS: Fw 190 D-9 Dora

Maykop 8 - DCS: Mig-21bis

Tbilisi - DCS: Bf 109 K-4 Kurfurst

We understand that the winners may already have these great prizes, if so, in the spirit of the reward, pass it on to a friend to expand this great simulation.

What fantastic prizes for a 0 entry cost event. I want to wholeheartedly thank VEAO and LockonFiles for their generosity and support of the series. I also want to thank the rest of the Virtual Aerobatic staff for their great support and of course, Eagle Dynamics, for without them, this series would not be happening.

Race on!

I truly have no words to describe how amazing those prizes are!

This is sure to make the competition even fiercer, for the enjoyment of everyone.

A very sincere thank you to Shahdoh, VEAO Simulations and LockOnFiles for organizing such an event and supporting it that far, and best of luck to all the contestants!

Hello, I'm possibly interested in giving this a whirl. I'm new to online flying, never the less I logged into the practice racing server. I chose an aircraft, (TF-51D,) but was told I couldn't use it and to choose another. I was then removed from it. I tried again but the same thing kept happening. Could someone please give me the correct protocol for joining in. Thanks.

Select an aircraft other then the "R:" ones. Those are reserved for people who have registered for the Series. Others that guests are allowed in will have the city code at the start of the name (Bat, Gud, Mk8, etc). The information is also in the briefing ;)

Nice prizes! I won't be racing because I don't have the time (or the skill to give it a solid effort) but I think this is a great idea and I love that there are prizes involved for those participating. Great prizes though! Good luck everyone.

http://www.youtube.com/user/311Gryphon

i7-8700, 32 GB DDR4 3000, GTX 1080 TI 11GB, 240 GB SSD, 2TB HDD, Dual (sometimes Triple) monitor, TM Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, TrackIR

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Shahdoh ... long time no see/hear !!

I'm hoping I'll have the opportunity to check out the race .. or "maybe" even participate.

Is there some place I can find Rules and Registration stuff ?

BTW - Have you seen the New TV Series on Discovery Channel called "Airshow" ?

It is really freaking cool. I know you'd like it. It should be right up ur alley !

SnowTiger:joystick: